Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read More Component
How can i use read more in this cms?
Quote:get_page_excerpt()
<?php get_page_excerpt($length, $html); ?>
Echos an excerpt of the page's content. You can also set the length of the excerpt in characters and if HTML should be included in the excerpt. $length default is 200, $html default is FALSE. Since version 2.02
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:
Quote:get_page_excerpt()
<?php get_page_excerpt($length, $html); ?>
Echos an excerpt of the page's content. You can also set the length of the excerpt in characters and if HTML should be included in the excerpt. $length default is 200, $html default is FALSE. Since version 2.02

i'm sorry, i'm very newbie. where should i put that function? so, get sample cms can't do like
<!--more-->?

thanks
Let's go back to the beginning.
What exactly do you want to link with "read_more" and where do you want to have it ?
Because I have no idea.

With above GS functionality you can get excerpt of current page, and then link to the page manually.
Hi.

What I did was I created a page under the page where I wanted to show the read more option.

e.g.
menu page PRODUCTS
baby page PRODUCT 1

In the PRODUCTS page, shows a brief description of the item. When you click the read more link, it directs you to the hidden page of PRODUCT 1.

But here is the catch. the page is limited to show a certain number of characters only. If I wanted to show more than 500 words, how can I allow this.

If I post 300-500 words in the read more section, the page is lost and loses the already written data once I click save page.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
The only solution I can imagine is about using a news plugin, and mess with it a bit.
This way you could just show products as news
Other solution is Dominion's jcart plugin. But I didn't test it, and I have no idea if it does allow to turn off all options in regards of buying/selling/pricing etc. in management.

I'd suggest to rethink again what sort of website are you trying to build and what functionalities are you going to add in near future. As GS CMS might be a wrong choice for your needs.