Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contact form stopped working on upgrade to 2.03
Hi,

The form has simply vanished from the live page.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Just read it was removed from the build. Not very useful to remove functionality.
I am having severe problems installing a plugin that works. Simple Contact Plugin is not displaying at all even though I follow the steps to the best of my ability. No idea why it has stopped showing.. it displayed earlier, but no emails were sent from it.

Which contact form should I use? Thanks
cumbe’s contact form is the furthest along in development. So that’s your best bet. However, 2.03 is a fairly new stable release so it isn’t that surprising to see some conflicts with plugins.

The contact form has been removed quite a while ago (2nd of June, r163) during the beta development and very little complains were received. It had several problems and even a XSS security problem so with GetSimple’s plugin system in place we decided to remove it altogether and let people come up with their own solutions.

We understand that it meant we were removing one of GetSimple’s few functionalities but we really think it’s for the best for this CMS.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
A contact form is a pretty essential part of a website - and not to have a stable contact form when releasing a new version is bad news.

I have tried Cumbe's form - it does not work at all. (No emails are sent, no captcha appears and no confirmation message is displayed).

I am no expert when it comes to coding - and the fact this cms is called 'get simple' would lead me to believe that I don't need to be an expert to use it. Having to install plugins to get even the most basic functionality is not at all user friendly.

I now have to spend time trying to solve this problem, which is a headache I would rather not have.
@James - agree with U
http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/497/s...ct-plugin/
This form works