Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chmod
Hello,
I installed GetSimple on a testing server, a few weeks ago, and everything ran great. Now, when I tried to install GetSimple on the 'production' server I encountered several errors that all seem to be related to missing rights. But I have no clue what I am supposed do in order to fix this problem. It's an Apache server running on SunOS with PHP 5.2.1.

Code:
Notice: Undefined variable: SITEURL in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/inc/common.php on line 94

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Not owner in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 53

Warning: copy(/export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/data/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 54

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Not owner in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 58

Warning: copy(/export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/data/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 59

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Not owner in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 53

Warning: copy(/export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/data/other/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 54

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Not owner in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 58

Warning: copy(/export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/data/other/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 59

Warning: copy(/export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/data/other/logs/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 54

Warning: copy(/export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/data/other/logs/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 59

Warning: copy(/export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/data/pages/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 54

Warning: copy(/export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/data/pages/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 59

Warning: copy(/export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/data/uploads/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 54

Warning: copy(/export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/data/uploads/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 59

Warning: copy(/export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/data/thumbs/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 54

Warning: copy(/export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/data/thumbs/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 59

Warning: copy(/export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/backups/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 54

Warning: copy(/export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/backups/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 59

Warning: copy(/export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/backups/other/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 54

Warning: copy(/export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/backups/other/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 59

Warning: copy(/export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/backups/pages/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 54

Warning: copy(/export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/backups/pages/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 59

Warning: copy(/export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/backups/zip/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 54

Warning: copy(/export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/backups/zip/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 59

Strict Standards: Implicit cloning object of class 'SimpleXMLExtended' because of 'zend.ze1_compatibility_mode' in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 136

Fatal error: Cannot clone object of class SimpleXMLExtended due to 'zend.ze1_compatibility_mode' in /export/schulen/dinglinger-dd/www/admin/install.php on line 136

If someone helped me with this I would be very thankful :-)
Yes, these are all problems with the rights. What chmod do you have on those folders?

It not being the owner can be changed by running a chown commando but I’m afraid I can’t help you there. Maybe someone else can.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
I found out that on SunOS only the superuser can use the chown command. Why exactly does GetSimple need to run it? Can the things GetSimple tries to accomplish somehow be done manually?
GetSimple doesn’t run the chown command, it’s just that you might need to run it on your server.

Your errors seem to implicate that GetSimple can’t chmod because its not the owner of the file. (The “Not owner” part of your error message.) To protect your files and server normally files are set to only be editable by their owner and up to now no one has had problems with GetSimple not being the owner.

As I’m not a SunOS I’m afraid I can’t say much about what the problem is. You could try checking the chmod on those temporary files GetSimple is trying to access to make sure it has access to them. (Chmod on the files, not just on the folders.)
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
I think the real reason for the page not displaying are the last two lines. I deactived the zend.ze1_compatibility_mode in .htaccess and can see the setup page, now. I will ignore the chmod errors, as I think they only come up during setup and set data/ and backups/ to 777 as the setup suggested. I'm not sure if that's safe but I'm not making the rules on this server :-)

Thanks for your help, anyway
I am running into the same issue for a client. I have the everything running in a test folder at the moment to make sure everything works. I went in to change the base url and I received the following errors:

Web server: Fedora

Code:
Warning: copy(../backups/other/user.xml.bak) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/sites/www.domain.com/web/gs/admin/inc/template_functions.php on line 214

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::asXML(../data/other/user.xml) [simplexmlelement.asxml]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/sites/www.domain.com/web/gs/admin/inc/basic.php on line 211

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/sites/www.domain.com/web/gs/admin/inc/basic.php on line 216

Warning: copy(../backups/other/website.xml.bak) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/sites/www.domain.com/web/gs/admin/inc/template_functions.php on line 214

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::asXML(../data/other/website.xml) [simplexmlelement.asxml]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/sites/www.domain.com/web/gs/admin/inc/basic.php on line 211

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/sites/www.domain.com/web/gs/admin/inc/basic.php on line 216

Warning: copy(../backups/other/cp_settings.xml.bak) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/sites/www.domain.com/web/gs/admin/inc/template_functions.php on line 214

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::asXML(../data/other/cp_settings.xml) [simplexmlelement.asxml]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/sites/www.domain.com/web/gs/admin/inc/basic.php on line 211

I ran a health check and everything comes back OK and the permissions are set to 775. Any thoughts?
All directories and xml files inside data dir has to have attributes set to 777 not 775.
If those directories were created by system user, and you are not able to overwrite them, they have to be deleted with system rights.

Other solution: copy the content of other/user.xml file and store it somewhere for a while.
Delete whole data directory (if you haven't created any pages), unzip data directory from GS archive and upload all files through ftp.
Then create a user.xml file, paste to it earlier backuped content and upload this file.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad