Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't even open install.php!
I uploaded the latest version into my website, and when I tried installing it, this comes up:

I uploaded the latest version into my website, and when I tried installing it, this comes up:

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '&', expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home/www/my-domain/admin/inc/common.php on line 17"

I've searched the forums and similar error line appeared, but for other files and not install.php. So I'm not really sure if I should follow the solutions replied to those.
The parse error points to line 17 of /admin/inc/common.php. But this line is very straight forward:
Code:
foreach ($_GET as &$xss) $xss = antixss($xss);
Very little could go wrong with that.

What version of PHP do you use? Did you do a clean install?
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
I'd say your on the wrong version of PHP installed on your server, Getsimple requires version 5.2.x to run correctly. Can you check and see if you have the correct version.

Mike
My Github Repos: Github
I just had the same thing happen. So to check my php I created a phpversion.php file with just this inside it. <?php phpinfo() ?> This showed me I was using php4. Then I googled 1and1 (my hosting company) and php5; and found that I needed to create a .htaccess file with this in it, (AddType x-mapp-php5 .php) do not include brackets, to change to php5.

And it worked