Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION html5 video in blog post only shows in backend
hi there,
i entered a simple html5 tag

Code:
<video id="sampleMovie" src="HTML5Sample.mov" controls></video>

in the blog.
it works well in the text editor preview in the backend, but on the front end there is no video and the tag will not show in the source code.

can anybody give advice?
pigsound
Ckeditor might have stripped it out, did you reload the page and make sure it saved
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2017-11-29, 01:14:38)shawn_a Wrote: Ckeditor might have stripped it out, did you reload the page and make sure it saved

yes, i did: i logged out from backend and logged back in - post including the html5 code is still there and running (in the back end). but on the front end the code is missing. apart from that i noticed that also common formatted text <p> entered in the text editor won't show in the front end of this one post … all other post contents work perfectly.

the blog post's xml:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<item><thumbnail></thumbnail><slug><![CDATA[video]]></slug><tags></tags><date><![CDATA[2017-12-28 15:41:31]]></date><category><![CDATA[External_Event]]></category><author></author><private></private><ort><![CDATA[Ort]]></ort><uhrzeitstart></uhrzeitstart><datum><![CDATA[-]]></datum><uhrzeitende></uhrzeitende><title><![CDATA[Video]]></title><content><![CDATA[&lt;p&gt;Content Text&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;video controls=&quot;&quot; height=&quot;360&quot; id=&quot;sampleMovie&quot; preload=&quot;&quot; width=&quot;640&quot;&gt;&lt;source src=&quot;http://www.xyz.at/data/uploads/2017-11-10-video.mov&quot; /&gt;&lt;/video&gt;
    &lt;!-- &lt;video controls=&quot;controls&quot; height=&quot;300&quot; name=&quot;Caption&quot; src=&quot;http://www.xyz.at/data/uploads/2017-11-10-video.mov&quot; width=&quot;400&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/video&gt;--&gt;
]]></content></item>
hmmm, works for me.
cross domain url maybe?
(2017-11-29, 04:35:59)shawn_a Wrote: hmmm, works for me.
cross domain url maybe?

SOLVED: i found the error - it was in front of the screen, not on screen. i did not know that the date has influence of the content display: the post had been dated with a date in the future which made it hide the post content.

thank you for helping, shawn_a!
must be a plugin thing