Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking advice
Hello to you all!
As a complete newbie, I am seeking advice from more experienced users.
I am creating a community website (rehabilitation) that should have the following specs:
  • Bilingual (english and french). I know about I18N plugin (it is already installed) but I need step-by-step instructions (for dummies preferably) to set it up (backend and mostly frontend - what and where to put code in order to have flags language switching on every page).
  • Members area so registered users can access private pages. I have looked at some plugin but I need some advice on which one (ones) is the more stable and up to date.
  • Responsive design so the website can be accessed from any device. Which free theme is recommended.
  • One page will display FAQ so an accordion like display would be nice.
  • Two pages will display metamenu pointing to pdf files, url, videos. This can be done with css only or with bootstrap (very heavy though)
  • One page will display video already published on youtube (this video should look nice on any device)
In summary:
  1. I need a tutorial on how to install and manage this bilingual website.
  2. I need some advice on which plugin is best for managing members and private pages. A step-by-step tutorial on how to install this plugin would be nice also.
  3. I need some advice on which responsive theme is stable, robust and easy to customize.
Thank you.
Note : This CMS is nice.

AlexDP
(2017-12-03, 04:41:16)alexdp Wrote:
  1. I need a tutorial on how to install and manage this bilingual website.
  2. I need some advice on which plugin is best for managing members and private pages. A step-by-step tutorial on how to install this plugin would be nice also.
  3. I need some advice on which responsive theme is stable, robust and easy to customize.
Step by step:

1. Install the CMS on your server
2. Write the original (english?) text

Have you already done these steps?

Alex