Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
p01-contact : simply add contact forms in your pages
Hi all,

Joshas Wrote:That is really good news. What about setting contact form language depending on $language variable from i18n plugin? It would be really useful.

You can already define the language by editing "default_language" class attribute (cf. doc) and using "Default" language in plugin administration panel. Actually this default language is defined according to GS site language, but you can get i18n language if you want. And you can change this attribute anytime so you can have forms using different languages, even in a same page.

yojoe Wrote:p01: any thoughts about visual form builder in p01-contact v.2.0 ? Smile
This is merely a fontend task, as the output would just give a line of code to paste within page content.
Maybe saving form's data into xml, to see what sort of forms user created, would be also great.
Hi yojoe.
A visual form builder crossed my head, but there is a lot (lot) of work to do to reach my goal, before even starting to thinking to that. Maybe for v.20.0 ? Smile
(But you give me the idea to add a method who return a tag, to simply share)

Some news :
I have slightly worked on it, and I have started the big changes I wanted. There is too much changes to describe (I think the three-quarter of the code have changed...), but broadly :
- This is not a contact form creator anymore. This is a form creator, and anything can be done with it.
- The "tag" management is accessory : this is over all a library oriented for an easy development. The tag parsing system and syntax allows a quickest, simplest and shortest form creation but old programming can go much further. Of course you can mix the two techniques.
- Deeper and (i hope) more intelligently object-oriented and reviewed script structure. Developers (or hackers) can simply add functionalities without editing the script core : fields and actions (what the form do, like send a mail or add a comment) models are separated simple classes with theirs own methods and -maybe- settings.

These directions are so different that it will probably require a new name, documentation, topic... (For now I call it FormSimple Wink This is not even presentable for now, but if some of you are interested to testing it when it will, it will be with pleasure.

And so the current state of p01-contact will not be developed, if you see no objections.

Have a good night!

Messages In This Thread
askcopy syntax Not Working - by celextel - 2019-05-24, 01:54:40
RE: askcopy syntax Not Working - by celextel - 2019-05-28, 01:51:47
p01-contact : simply add contact forms in your pages - by p01 - 2011-04-21, 11:20:59