Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
p01-contact : simply add contact forms in your pages
Vulch Wrote:
Quote:Is there any reason why this plugin wouldn't work with an email address with a .info extension?
After a quick look through the source, yes. It's also going to fail on .mobi and .museum at least, and reject a number of valid usernames. For a quick fix for your particular problem go through the code looking for anywhere it says {2,3} in a regexp and change them to {2,6}, Mr O'Reilly will still have problems getting responses though.

It's not really possible to validate email addresses in a simple regexp, from RFC-2822 you need...
Code:
(?:[a-z0-9!#$%&'*+/=?^_`{|}~-]+(?:\.[a-z0-9!#$%&'*+/=?^_`{|}~-]+)*|"(?:[\x01-\x08\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x1f\x21\x23-\x5b\x5d-\x7f]|\\[\x01-\x09\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x7f])*")@(?:(?:[a-z0-9](?:[a-z0-9-]*[a-z0-9])?\.)+[a-z0-9](?:[a-z0-9-]*[a-z0-9])?|\[(?:(?:25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?)\.){3}(?:25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?|[a-z0-9-]*[a-z0-9]:(?:[\x01-\x08\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x1f\x21-\x5a\x53-\x7f]|\\[\x01-\x09\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x7f])+)\])
...To cover everything.

Thanks, I figured it was something to do with a a regex validating the email addresses, but I'd been looking at it for so long at that point it was all starting to swim and I was frightened to tinker in case it all went pear-shaped. My regex experience is minimal, so I'm happy to take your advice for the quick specific solution. Much appreciated.
Hello,

How can I configure the mail() parameter ?

Like this :

Code:
$mail->Mailer = “smtp”;
$mail->Host = “ssl://smtp.gmail.com”;
$mail->Port = 465;
$mail->SMTPAuth = true; // turn on SMTP authentication
$mail->Username = “youraccount@gmail.com”; // SMTP username
$mail->Password = “yourpass“; // SMTP password

Thanks
Alexa Wrote:How can I put the contact form in the sidebar.
I tried putting (% contact %) in the sidebar but it does not work.
Like others said, you can (in addition to write tags in pages) call, in PHP, the parser (cf. documentation).

Vulch Wrote:
Quote:Is there any reason why this plugin wouldn't work with an email address with a .info extension?
After a quick look through the source, yes. It's also going to fail on .mobi and .museum at least, and reject a number of valid usernames. For a quick fix for your particular problem go through the code looking for anywhere it says {2,3} in a regexp and change them to {2,6}, Mr O'Reilly will still have problems getting responses though.

It's not really possible to validate email addresses in a simple regexp, from RFC-2822 you need...
Code:
(?:[a-z0-9!#$%&'*+/=?^_`{|}~-]+(?:\.[a-z0-9!#$%&'*+/=?^_`{|}~-]+)*|"(?:[\x01-\x08\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x1f\x21\x23-\x5b\x5d-\x7f]|\\[\x01-\x09\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x7f])*")@(?:(?:[a-z0-9](?:[a-z0-9-]*[a-z0-9])?\.)+[a-z0-9](?:[a-z0-9-]*[a-z0-9])?|\[(?:(?:25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?)\.){3}(?:25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?|[a-z0-9-]*[a-z0-9]:(?:[\x01-\x08\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x1f\x21-\x5a\x53-\x7f]|\\[\x01-\x09\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x7f])+)\])
...To cover everything.

The pattern have been changed for next release, thanks. I don't follow the RFC-2822, who accept to much formats like multiple address, names, ip domains, etc... And the O'Reilly problem is a quote-encoding bug, not resolved for now.

madvic Wrote:Hello,

How can I configure the mail() parameter ?

Like this :

Code:
$mail->Mailer = “smtp”;
$mail->Host = “ssl://smtp.gmail.com”;
$mail->Port = 465;
$mail->SMTPAuth = true; // turn on SMTP authentication
$mail->Username = “youraccount@gmail.com”; // SMTP username
$mail->Password = “yourpass“; // SMTP password

Thanks

This kind of connection is not possible actually.
The development version lets develop and choose form action, so although there is only the classic "send_mail" for now, an action like "pear_mail" allowing SMTP connections is expected. Feel free to get started.
Thanks for informations.
Hello. The plugin works, thanks. My question is - how to configure the location in the form of additional fields? I do not want to see them at the bottom.
the links which are added to the plugin configuration page are not actual, 404

why not add a readme.txt?
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
What is the format of the field "phone"? How many digits should be put in this box? I've tried from 6 to 10 and did not fit.
Help, I need this field.
Hi,

batka16 Wrote:Hello. The plugin works, thanks. My question is - how to configure the location in the form of additional fields? I do not want to see them at the bottom.
What do you mean by "additional fields"? You can place any fields in any order you want.
Cf. Syntax and Tags exemples

Connie Wrote:the links which are added to the plugin configuration page are not actual, 404
why not add a readme.txt?
Oops, documentation link corrected.
You're right, i will add a text documentation in next release.

batka16 Wrote:What is the format of the field "phone"? How many digits should be put in this box? I've tried from 6 to 10 and did not fit.
Help, I need this field.
What release did you use? Actually there is a large and basic pattern (at least 6 number or space, dot, ...) but it should work.
At worst, if you can do without content verification, you can use a text field with "Phone" name.
p01 Wrote:Hi,

batka16 Wrote:Hello. The plugin works, thanks. My question is - how to configure the location in the form of additional fields? I do not want to see them at the bottom.
What do you mean by "additional fields"? You can place any fields in any order you want.
Cf. Syntax and Tags exemples
"additional fields" - Special fields types. In the admin panel has switches Blacklist and Whitelist. When they are resolved, the "phone" appears after the field "captcha" in the form. I would like to see him after the field "email".
p01 Wrote:
batka16 Wrote:What is the format of the field "phone"? How many digits should be put in this box? I've tried from 6 to 10 and did not fit.
Help, I need this field.
What release did you use? Actually there is a large and basic pattern (at least 6 number or space, dot, ...) but it should work.
At worst, if you can do without content verification, you can use a text field with "Phone" name.
how to disable the checking of the field "phone"? Please detail.
Using p01-contact v.1.0.b
Thanks for your help
Hi,

What do you mean by "When they are resolved"? When you save data in settings filter lists the bug appears in forms?
Anyway there are bugs with these lists in development release. So try rather with the latest stable release : http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/p01-contact/35.

batka16 Wrote:how to disable the checking of the field "phone"? Please detail.
You can create a generic text field instead. Name it as you want, like... "Phone number" :
Code:
(% contact : email!, text "Phone number", message! %)
Excuse me for my english. I wanted to say "the field phone is included to show - Whitelist.
I figured with the field "phone". Thank you.
Hello,

The form works with IE6/7, Chrome and FF. But with IE8... Look the screenshot, there is a gray block (not present normally).

[Image: ieform.png]

Thanks for help.
I have the solution... When we insert (%contact%), GS add <p></p> around this tag. So, we must edit the source and change <p> with <div> and that work, no blank block before the form.
gimx Wrote:I have the solution... When we insert (%contact%), GS add <p></p> around this tag. So, we must edit the source and change <p> with <div> and that work, no blank block before the form.

@p01:
In order to make the use of a plugin as simple as possible, the user should not be forced to go to the source view.
The plugin should remove the <p> (and possibly replace it with <div> if necessary).

See the DynPages plugin, which removes the <p> if the placeholder is the only text within it.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Thanks mvleck and gimx. Added to todo list.
is there any possibility to change the encoding of message
Oleg06 Wrote:is there any possibility to change the encoding of message

Do you have still encoding issues?

Content is actually encoded in UTF-8, this should normally work in all situations. So there is no simple way to change encoding. If you really need another charset, you will have to edit mail sending method (in core file for last release, in send_mail action file for dev and next releases) and replace charset in headers.
In Russia, all users Outlook is configured for encoding koi8-r, but not everyone knows how to switch the encoding in Outlook
the link to the documentation at http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/p01-contact/35/ is still wrong, unfortunately:

http://nliautaud.fr/wiki/travaux/getsimple_p01-contact

but the link inside the configuration of the plugin is correct.
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Whether it is possible to create more than one form on a site this plug-in?
Has anyone successfully tested this with 3.0?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
working locally
ccagle8 Wrote:Has anyone successfully tested this with 3.0?
I did just now with GS3RC398 at www.urbanistan.de/getsimple398 and it works

but: the subject is encoded in a wrong way:

s&ouml;kldflk&ouml;sdf &ouml;ls <= I just typed sökldflkösdf ös

The Umlauts should stay

well, the text and the layout for the mail to send is a little bit stupid, I think I must configure that. But it works except the encoding of the subject
|--

Thanks Oleg & Connie!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Hello,

Suggestions for the next release of this excellent plugin Smile

- Add checkbox in form "Send me a copy" or no checkbox and the plugin send copy at the sender automatically,
- Ability to customize the message after sending email (the page with the anchor #p01-contact),
- If no subject, the plugin should have a defaut subject like "Message from domain.tld" for example (no subject can redirect email in spam),
- Same suggestion with the name, not "Anonymous" but "User of domain.tld" for example.

That's all Smile