Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
p01-contact : simply add contact forms in your pages
Hi all
I found a bug (possibly connected to e-mail verification regexp). Everything's ok if there any .com .net .ru or whatever 2-3 letters TLD is used as a mail domain in plugin's settings. But in case of usage 4 letters TLD (e.g. .info) the 'target' error occurs and message cannot be sent.
Hail to get-simple developers!
How do I change the phone field so that it is not necessary to fill it?
reff Wrote:Hi all
I found a bug (possibly connected to e-mail verification regexp). Everything's ok if there any .com .net .ru or whatever 2-3 letters TLD is used as a mail domain in plugin's settings. But in case of usage 4 letters TLD (e.g. .info) the 'target' error occurs and message cannot be sent.

edit /plugins/p01-contact/p01-contact.php
change line 846 to:
Code:
$pattern = '`^[_a-z0-9-]+(\.[_a-z0-9-]+)*@[a-z0-9-]+(\.[a-z0-9-]+)*(\.[a-z]{2,4})$`i';
and visitors should be able to send using 4-letter tld in their email addresses.

andyash: call the phone field with phone , not phone!
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:edit /plugins/p01-contact/p01-contact.php
change line 846 to:
Code:
$pattern = '`^[_a-z0-9-]+(\.[_a-z0-9-]+)*@[a-z0-9-]+(\.[a-z0-9-]+)*(\.[a-z]{2,4})$`i';
and visitors should be able to send using 4-letter tld in their email addresses.
I tried exactly the same, but this didn't help.
Hail to get-simple developers!
reff Wrote:I tried exactly the same, but this didn't help.

How about (\.[a-z]{2,3}) -> (\.[a-z]) ?
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
andyash Wrote:How do I change the phone field so that it is not necessary to fill it?
http://nliautaud.fr/wiki/travaux/p01-con...ds_options
--
Nick.
reff Wrote:I found a bug (possibly connected to e-mail verification regexp).
I have good results with the regexp on this page.

Try the first one under 'Conclusion'.
--
Nick.
Hello,

i have install p01-contact. Now if i will send a message, i see "Nachricht * Bitte umfangreichere Nachricht schreiben", in english: "Message * Please write a longer message". Whats the problem?
i have tested:
Hello,

this is a test.

Regards

"Message * Please write a longer message"
please try to understand functionalities before you post
please read any documentations etc.
the first post of a plugin post contains informations how to use
the links in the download section contain information as well

many plugins have settings
p01-contact has settings
when you are at the plugin page, there is a big link in the right-side menu to the p01-settings!!
you can define how long a setting must be (minimum), default is 100 characters
"Hello" is less than 100

please again, we are not chewing every bit of knowledge for you, we give support but it's still your part to read documentation first or to try to find out yourself
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Привет всем! (Hi!)

Вроде бы всё установил, но:

1. В панели управления изменения не сохраняются.
2. Сообщения не приходят

Подскажите как всё это исправить. Пожалуйста!

translate

Hi all! (Hi!)

Seems to be all set, but:

1. In the control panel changes are not saved.
2. Messages do not come

Tell me how it all correct. Please!
Hello,

I really want to thank you for this great plugin.

PCdesk
Hi, & first thanx for this great plugin.
However I have a problem with a website I'm currently working on.
On one page I created one (order) form with p01-contact, works well. In the sidebar there is another form (subscribe form) created with p01-contact too. Problem is, the plugin generates both forms with the same id. So when I fill in the 2nd form, the 1st one sends the message.
Is it a normal behavior for p01-contact (or GS) ? I recall reading about p01-contact being suitable for multiple forms in same pages, but I cant seem to find the reference I read this from.
A precision : form #2 (in the sidebar) is loaded from a component. I tried to load it from a template file, same problem happens.
Thanx in advance for any reply.
Hi, great plugin!
But I also need an option for a "file upload" like: http://cgi-lib.berkeley.edu/ex/fup.html. Its a sample file upload form.
I noticed that there was an file option in p01-contact.php.

Code:
/**
     * Return the general type of a field, even of specials fields.
     */
    function general_type()
    {
        $types = array(
            'name'    => 'text',
            'email'   => 'text',
            'phone'   => 'text',
            'website' => 'text',
            'subject' => 'text',
            'address' => 'textarea',
            'message' => 'textarea',
            'file'    => 'file',
            'captcha' => 'captcha',
            'askcopy' => 'checkbox');
        if(isset($types[$this->type]))
            return $types[$this->type];
        else return $this->type;
    }
So I thought I could do something simple like:
Code:
(% contact : name!, email!, file "File upload:",captcha! %)
But that does not work as I expected.
So what am I doing wrong? Help is appreciated. Greetings, Tom.
Hi. What am I doing wrong?

I enabled this plugin; then I put this code in the source of my page:

(% contact %)

I save the page, then view it. When I view it I see only the above code appearing on my page.
When I go back to the source of my page I see this:

<p>
<% contact %) </p>

but I don't get a contact form out of this. Please advise. I'm going nuts here. Thanks. Don
you have installed the plugin exec-php ?
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/exec-php/17/
Hi,

Is it possible to use this plugin in two languages on a multilingual site using I18N plugin?

Thanks
dondemaio Wrote:Hi. What am I doing wrong?

I enabled this plugin; then I put this code in the source of my page:

(% contact %)

I save the page, then view it. When I view it I see only the above code appearing on my page.
When I go back to the source of my page I see this:

<p>
<% contact %) </p>

but I don't get a contact form out of this. Please advise. I'm going nuts here. Thanks. Don
same here.... php-exec is installed
steveforest Wrote:Hi,

Is it possible to use this plugin in two languages on a multilingual site using I18N plugin?

Thanks
each page is inserted in the language of form by appropriate page
http://chaga-mushroom.com/order/
what about the file attachment in this plugin?
File attachment is not implemented in this plugin.
See Line 1006 in the current version for a starting point if you would like to implement it yourself. Its not that complicated really ...
I am using p01 contact plugin, I am able to install the plugin, but some how I am not able to send message to the recipient.

I have enter the following code to my contact page:
(% contact : svpatel8@gmail.com %), and it shows me an error that says "Error : no message was sent."

I am using this contact form on my local server. So is this just because of this I am not able to send the message to the recipient.

Please help me on this.
if your local server is not configured to send mail (I am sure it is not, most local servers do not send mails because they are local and not internet)

it will not send. You should test it online, at at testinstallation (it is no problem to install on a domain and password protect the installation so it will not be public)
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
p01, this is a great piece of work!

I have a few requests:
  • The option in the settings to specify the "From" name and email address of the generated email. I don't like "Anonymous", and I have contact forms where I don't want to require an email address from the user.
  • The option to turn off each of the items in the footer text ("This email sent from..." and "If this email should not be for you...").

Of course, I can manually edit the plugin files myself to make these changes, but it would be a lot nicer if I could just do that in the admin.

Also, when a user submits a form without filling in a required field or if the data is invalid, can we have the option to display a message along the top of the form saying that their message was not sent, in addition to the messages beside each of the invalid fields? An inexperienced computer user may submit the form and not notice the small error messages beside the fields, thinking their message had been sent when in fact it wasn't.
I know I can edit the language file, but that text string is used for both the name and email address:
Code:

What I want is the ability to specify something like this:
Code:
The styling (CSS) doesn't work on Internet Explorer 9..?