Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
p01-contact : simply add contact forms in your pages
No, this issue affects a clean install too. I wrote some text for you (Connie) - it's written right above the contact form.

I just installed GS, P01-Contact and i18n Plugin. I tested it in Firefox, Safari and IE8 - all the same.

I dont know if the hoster did change something, but if the hoster (Hosteurope) changes something like PHP version etc. - (i hope) they send an info-mail.

The error appeared (i think) the same time when another user - on another pc with another ip in another city - changed a text in sidebar. BUT - that can't(?) affect a clean install in another directory on the same server where nobody else has changed something.

Navigation and content is all translated well and i18n works like a charm when clicking the language-links in sidebar. Just the contact form is driving (me) insane. I'm feeling like getting sick.
:-(

Pleeease try to help me. Thanks in advance!
Try disabling canonical links, and cycle through the array instead var_dumping it.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
I think canonical links are disabled:

Code:
# Enable Canonical Redirects?
#define('GSCANONICAL', 1);

If not, how do i disable them? How can i cycle trough an / this array?
And why the hell did the form function all well till yesterday?
I mean, where did i mess it up? And why do i have this issue in a fresh and clean installation?

I'm totally unskilled in PHP and stuff like programming and that. I'm the layout / design guy who has to fight against the machines.
:-(

Could you please help me with ready 2 paste code and a little how to (which files / lines)? This would make my day and help me getting some sleep this night.

Thank you very much (in advance)!!!
:-)
Robrobot Wrote:I think canonical links are disabled:

Code:
# Enable Canonical Redirects?
#define('GSCANONICAL', 1);

If not, how do i disable them? How can i cycle trough an / this array?
And why the hell did the form function all well till yesterday?
I mean, where did i mess it up? And why do i have this issue in a fresh and clean installation?

Sorry but I base on things you listed, and there's nothing more I can come up with.
Canonical link still appears in page's source header, and that might cause the problem with i18n&p01.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
Thank you for helping me! :-)

How do i get rid of cannonical URLs, even if they are disabled in gsconfig.php? They are generated by i18n, but the form worked all well yesterday in german and english language. i don't think it has something 2 do with canonical urls.

I've setup a getsimple installation just for the purpose of testing i18n and p01-contact on Hosteurope Webspace:
http://www.y7g.de/sandbox/gs312-1/

:-( !!!

GS 3.1.2
P01-Contact 0.9
i18n 3.0.2

... can anyone please tell me that she/he is running P01-Contact with i18n on a Hosteurope Webspace without problems?
Hi there,

Im using the plugin for some sub pages with different content, so far so good, but when Im adding a select field and sending a test, the values will not be displayed in the actual mail itself.

Code:
[...]
select "Der Kontakt" = "Ich bitte um Rückruf" selected | "Ich bitte um Emailkontakt" | "Ich bitte um ein Angebot"
[...]

Below screen shows the actual mail result, no text given although the default selected value was the one I have selected for the test.

Hope someone can help or shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers!
So I don't want my email to be visible in source code but I need three forms. All sending to three different emails so the default email won't work for me. Anny suggestions?
great plugin Smile
Is it posible to upgrade it so it will work on one window insted of loading a diffrent html contact page...?
Hi,

I'm trying to add a custom contact form to one of my pages (not the theme). I was creating a component and then trying to add the component to the page but it seems I cannot add the PHP call to include the component.

What is the best way to create a custom contact form to include in only one page and has anyone an example?

Sample fields that I intended to use via a component are:

(% contact : blah@example.com,
subject => Feedback,
name,
email,
radio "OK to publish your comments on our website?" = "Yes" | "No" selected,
radio "OK to associate your name with comments on our website?" = "Yes" | "No" selected,
select = "One" selected | "Two" | "Three" | "Four" | "Five" ,
message = Any Further Comments?,
captcha,
askcopy %)

Ronan
@Robrobot
After upgrading GetSimple, I18N and I18N-Special-Pages I've the same Problem like you!

I think the problem is all Plugins and also GetSimple get updated continuous but the P01-contact Plugin seems to never get an update in future. The last stable version of this plugin exist until Nov. 2011.

So if this plugin won't get any update it will be useless for future!

After searching for this issue I've found a simple solution for this problem:

In my template file I've a language navigation wich is called as followed-> <a href="<?php echo htmlspecialchars(return_i18n_setlang_url('de')); ?>">deutsch</a>
You can read more about this function here: http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/get-simple/i18n?lang=en

Now the p01-contact.php must be edited at the lang()-function as follow->
In line 289 change this variable: $lang = $this->settings('lang');
into this -> $lang = $_SESSION[language];

After these changes the contact form will be loaded in the selected language! ;-)
Wer nicht überzeugen kann sollte wenigstens Verwirrung stiften!
Hi!

I need to add a checkbox to my form with the required field features. I have tryed this way:

(% contact : name!, subject!, email!, message!, checkbox! "value", captcha %)

but even if the checkbox is not selected, the plugin allow to send the email anyway! The only difference between checkbox and checkbox! is the appearance of the red asterisk. In the email I can read if the sender have checked the box or not but I need of a checkbox that have to be checked in order to send the email. Just as if you leave blank the other required fields.

I hope it can be possible... any advice will be gratefully appreciated!

Many Thanks!!

Max
Anyone?

Please... Smile I have to add a checkbox for the privacy policy but I am not so familiar with PHP to solve the problem!
So... I still fighting with the problem of the checkbox validation. I don't want to bother you, but it's really important for me. I guess it's time to learn PHP...

Anyway, I think that the problem can be fixed adding few lines to the function check_validity()

/**
* Check if field value is valid
* Mean different things depending on field type
* @return boolean
*/
public function check_validity()
{
if($this->blacklisted()) return False;

switch($this->type) {
case 'email':
$pattern = '`^[_a-z0-9-]+(\.[_a-z0-9-]+)*@[a-z0-9-]+(\.[a-z0-9-]+)*(\.[a-z]{2,3})$`i';
if(preg_match($pattern, $this->value)) return True;
else return False;
case 'phone':
$pattern = '`^\+?[-0-9(). ]{6,}$$`i';
if(preg_match($pattern, $this->value)) return True;
else return False;

I have tryed with this:

case 'radio':
if($this->value == "yes")
return True;
else return False;

with this html:

<div class="field radio">
<div class="label"><label for="p01-contact1_field4">I accept the terms&conditions<strong style="color:red">*</strong></label></div>
<input id="p01-contact1_field4_option0" type="radio" name="p01-contact_fields[4]" value=" yes" /> yes
<input id="p01-contact1_field4_option1" type="radio" name="p01-contact_fields[4]" value=" no" checked /> no</div>

But it doesn't work. Actually, this way it always return the error "field_radio"...
I have tryed also with the function $_post... e.g.,

if($_post['p01-contact_fields[4]'] == "yes"))

No way...

Great plugin and great cms anyway...
I've solved the problem by myself!

The solution is:

Code:
case 'radio':
            if($_POST['p01-contact_fields'][4] == "yes")
             return True;
            else return False;

To be added below line 873 in p01-contact.php

I still have to set a specific error message (now it return a red write "field_radio") but I am happy!!!

P.S. I have deleted the empty space that the plugin put in the html at the beginning of the value string (i.e., value=" yes")
Hi to all.
I can not understand where you have to specify the SMTP server prametry
How sending messages?
abu0sman Wrote:Hi to all.
I can not understand where you have to specify the SMTP server prametry
How sending messages?

Did you get the confirmation email when you installed GetSimple? If yes, everything will work for you.
Did you enter the email-adress / sender adress in the plugin configuration?

try to write a message and send it, do you get it?

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
I want the text area changed to e.g. 400 px. How to do that?
Its too small......
in your file CSS, write to
Code:
textarea{width:400px;}
p01 Wrote:Hi all,

FormSimple is close to a production-ready release now I think. I need testers (yojoe? Oleg? Others? Smile to fix the probable big-bugs-impossible-to-miss-that-i-missed.

Hi p01,

While having some styling problems with p01 (placing multiple check & radio buttons among each other) and having an urgent need for HTML mail (like the getsimple account setup mail) I was looking for any update of p01. Browsing the questions & answers on this forum I discovered FormSimple!

I have downloaded it and will test it asap. Thx in advance for all the great work.

/* EDIT */
I already have some feedback for formSimple, I assume that this should not be here?
I have used the p01-contact plugin on several sites both for its simplicity and functionality.
However, there is now a problem - when sending an email from the site, the info box pops up claiming that the message has been sent. It has not!
This site resides on the same server as my other sites (separate domains) so doubt if there is a host issue. I then deleted and reinstalled a bare site with only GS 3.1.2 and latest version of p01-contact plugin. Again same issue. Website check reports no errors.
Has someone experienced something similar.
Please I have 2 simple questions:

1. How can I fit the 'textarea' box to be wider?
I am using the Innovation theme. Original theme.
In p01-contact.php at line 680 I tried to change the values but nothing happened:
Code:
$content .= '<p style="margin:10px;padding:10px;border:1px solid silver">';

2. Is there any possibility to limit the message to a number of characters?
I saw is possible to limit the minimum number of characters but I think is important to limit also the maximum limit of characters.

Thank you for this very useful plugin!
(2012-11-08, 01:26:29)cmscss Wrote: 1. How can I fit the 'textarea' box to be wider?
I am using the Innovation theme. Original theme.
In p01-contact.php at line 680 I tried to change the values but nothing happened:
Code:
$content .= '<p style="margin:10px;padding:10px;border:1px solid silver">';

In my css I add the following for the p01 co0ntact:

/* P01 Contact Plugin */
#p01-contact1_field0 {width: 50%;}
#p01-contact1_field1 {width: 50%;}
#p01-contact1_field2 {width: 75%;}
#p01-contact1_field3 {width: 100%;}

The four std fields are Name, email, subject and text. You can define their widths in pixels if you wish.
If anyone is still having a hard time with the multi-language support of this plugin, I finally got it to do what I needed by:

1) Selecting "Default" in the Language section of the p01contact configuration plugin in the admin panel;

2) Placing the following code in my template body where I want the contact form across all pages:

<?php if ($language == 'cz') { $p01contact->default_lang = 'cz'; echo $p01contact->parse('(% contact : name!, phone!, email!, message!, askcopy! %)'); } ?>

<?php if ($language == 'en') { $p01contact->default_lang = 'en'; echo $p01contact->parse('(% contact : name!, phone!, email!, message!, askcopy! %)'); } ?>

<?php if ($language == 'es') { $p01contact->default_lang = 'es'; echo $p01contact->parse('(% contact : name!, phone!, email!, message!, askcopy! %)'); } ?>

<?php if ($language == 'fr') { $p01contact->default_lang = 'fr'; echo $p01contact->parse('(% contact : name!, phone!, email!, message!, askcopy! %)'); } ?>
Is it not working with .info domains?

I have a .info domain and I can not receive the emails from form.
Strangely when I put the email (.info) address only in form when I try to send a test email is telling me that the form is not having a recipient email. I put the email as recipient (% contact : mail@recipient.info %) and is telling me "Email sent." but I don't receive any email.

I tested the email address and is working. Is able to receive emails.

On the other side I put another email with .com and the contact form worked.
It wasn't necessary to put it the recipient in the contact form page (% contact : mail@recipient.com %)
Was enough to put it in the contact form plugin.

So my presume is it a bug form or maybe my hosting issue. (hostgator)

What you think?

Thank you

LATER EDIT
I tested with another .info domain and is not working. And that domain is already having a fully functionally email address that is also linked with Joomla contact form and is able to receive emails from form.
So is pretty clearly that this form is not working with .info domains.
I don't know why.
(2012-11-11, 00:08:33)cmscss Wrote: Is it not working with .info domains?

There is a problem with the email validation regexp. See the posts on page 9 of this thread.

You could try a different regexp on line 91 of p01-contact/p01-contact.php (v0.9.1):
Code:
$targets_pattern = '`[,:]\s*([_a-z0-9-]+(\.[_a-z0-9-]+)*@[a-z0-9-]+(\.[a-z0-9-]+)*(\.[a-z]{2,3}))`i';

There is some good information and several examples here. The regexp is certainly the cause of your problem, but I haven't tried fixing it.

Edit to add: Carlos's post below points to better information about which lines to change (more than I mentioned here – sorry). My linked reference is a better regexp than the one included with the plugin. Simply modifying the number of characters is not a good solution, imo, as it is not a good test of valid email addresses.
--
Nick.