Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
p01-contact : simply add contact forms in your pages
Version 0.7

The program : a cool administration panel, editable blacklists... See changelog.

Please report any bug you encounter!

The end is near, I hope you like it.
Good night.

[Image: p01-contact-configuration.png]

nicco Wrote:Hi, I'm trying your plugin, but I always get an Error_message when sending the form. I created the file lang it.php but I can not use it. Can you help me?
Hi, could you test with the new release?

Summ3R Wrote:
p01 Wrote:File field added to Todo list and "reload" bug added to known issues.

fixed, replace 'case' as mine
file:p01-contact.php; line: 261
Hi. I fixed that on new release. It was also a more general bug to fix (link between the label/input for/id and the ID of the form). Thanks.
James Wrote:Hi, could you test with the new release?
Yes, thanks p01.
I tried the new version 0.7 and now the default language is correctly loaded.
Unfortunately I still have the status Error sending message.
But if I run a simple php script that calls the function mail () messages are sent.
nicco Wrote:Unfortunately I still have the status Error sending message.
But if I run a simple php script that calls the function mail () messages are sent.
Could you show me your tag, and/or the page address?
I check tonight.

nicco Wrote:I created the file lang it.php.
Could you send me your translation, to add it in next release? Thanks Wink
Version 0.8.3

]Changelog branch 0.8 :
  • Fully object oriented recoded.
  • Unlimited multiple parsing.
  • Unlimited fields manipulation.
  • Debug mode.
  • Plugin last version check (use Extend API).
  • Italian translation. (thanks nicco)
  • Russian translation. (thanks vsky)
  • Spanish translation. (thanks Carlos)
  • Possible translations are listed in admin panel.
  • Many bugs fixes (all?) and improved functioning.

The Documentation is fairly complete now :

- Installation
- Documentation
- Simple use
- Advanced use
- Special fields types
- General fields types
- Unknown fields types
- Fields options
- Examples
- Settings
- Enable or disable the plugin
- Plugin language
- Structure of default forms
- Messages minimum length
- Fields checklists
- Debug mode
- Use the plugin outside a GS page
- Translations
- How to translate?
- Changelog
- Todo

To go up to version 1.0, I'm going to need your help :
  • to translate the plugin in other languages (before the v1.0, the translations files will not be definitive, there will be some new strings to translate),
  • to give me your opinion on the latest things planned,
  • to help me figure out how to develop the latest things to do.

I hope you like it,
Good evening!
p01 Wrote:To go up to version 1.0, I'm going to need your help :
...to translate the plugin in other languages...

Hello. This is my small contribution...
Spanish here...
Thanks!
Translations included in 0.8.2, language selection improved. See above.
And why in the language file there is no translation of the admin
For some reason the files do not come
Code:
Отправитель: neowebtime.ru
Mon, 01 Nov 2010 20:48:44 +0300

Сайт : http://get-simple.info

Прикрепить файл : GAPR.ZIP

ddddddddd ffffffff fffffffff fffffffff ffffffff fffffffff ffffffff fffffffff ddddddddd ffffffff fffffffff fffffffff ffffffff fffffffff ffffffff fffffffff ddddddddd ffffffff fffffffff fffffffff ffffffff fffffffff ffffffff fffffffff

Этот e-mail был отправлен с /00/contact1
http://neowebtime.ru/00/contact1
Oleg06 Wrote:And why in the language file there is no translation of the admin
For now the sentences in the configuration panel are generated from the comments of the config.php file.
These sentences are constantly changing for now, so to avoid having to constantly re-translate the plugin I will integrate them to the translation system later.

Oleg06 Wrote:For some reason the files do not come
The attachement system is not implemented yet. See todo list.

Thanks for your feedback.
excellent, cool plugin
Thanks.

The 0.8.3 release check for new releases.
(If a new version exists, an alert is displayed in plugin configuration panel, with its significance and a download link)

I had planned to make a "Plugins Manager" plugin : list existing plugins by date, name, downloads, etc..., check for new plugins versions, installs and uninstalls plugins automatically... This could be useful.
Maybe no one would have been interested, but anyway it was not counting on the limitations of the Extend API... We can only do a request for a specific plugin, and it takes already a second... Impossible to do loops on that. A request "list of all plugins" is planned?
Someone ask me some things about p01-contact plugin capabilities to do a poll.
I share with you my answers.

Quote:- adding radio buttons and labels, where if checked, will be added to message content (last time I looked at description, checboxes had only boolean value)
- setting an automatic email subject (users wouldn't have to enter the title, and the person who will get the email could set a title manually)
- as it goes about polls, a must have would be something like a label (which would be a poll question) and as mentioned above radio button + label (being one of possible answers)

So :

In last stable release :
  • Radio buttons (and their labels) / selection fields : No
  • Define a pre-filled value or a locked value :Yes. See fields options.
  • Adding titles : with a trick. I have added info to doc, see unknow fields types.

In development release (stable release planned for this week) :
  • Radio buttons (and there labels) / selection fields : Yes. Added "select" and "radio" fields types with multiples values.
  • Adding titles : Yes. Field type "title" display text in especial div who may be styled.

Good evening.
p01 Wrote:To go up to version 1.0, I'm going to need your help :
I hope you like it,
Good evening!

Swedish, though I have problems with our special letters, tell me how to fix, and I'll fix.
I have a question too. I am working on a site that's going public soon (thought tonight) but my captcha has stopped displaying the picture. On reload, just a text: "CAPTCHA IMAGE"

The only thing that I know that has changed is that mod_rewrite has been enabled.

Anybody know?
gorans Wrote:Swedish, though I have problems with our special letters, tell me how to fix, and I’ll fix.
Make sure the translation file is saved as UTF-8 (when possible save as UTF-8 without BOM). If you do that you can just use all of the letters (å, ä, ö) and also higher quality punctuation (“, ”, …).
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
gorans Wrote:Swedish, though I have problems with our special letters, tell me how to fix, and I'll fix.
Hi, thanks.
You have to encode/convert your file in "UTF-8 without BOM", it's generally an option of advanced text editors.
Edit : oh, I had not seen your reply Zegnåt.

gorans Wrote:[...] my captcha has stopped displaying the picture.
[...] The only thing that I know that has changed is that mod_rewrite has been enabled.
It should not be any problem with url rewriting... It's working on test servers. I take a look tomorrow.
Zegnåt Wrote:
gorans Wrote:Swedish, though I have problems with our special letters, tell me how to fix, and I’ll fix.
Make sure the translation file is saved as UTF-8 (when possible save as UTF-8 without BOM). If you do that you can just use all of the letters (å, ä, ö) and also higher quality punctuation (“, ”, …).

OK!, Here's a new Swedish then.
p01 Wrote:It should not be any problem with url rewriting... It's working on test servers. I take a look tomorrow.

I have actually found the problem, but I am to bad a person at coding to resolve it.

Since I use Fancy Url, my contact page is: "mydomain.com/contact/"

The captcha image is therefor pointing at: ".mydomain.com/contact/plugin/p01-contact/captcha/securimage_show.php". The actual folder should be without "/contact/".

I understand that it is a problem with the path to the captcha.

How do I fix?
Version 0.9.1

0.9 - A lot of work after, there is some ameliorations or new functionalities :
  • New special fields : fieldcaptcha, password, checkbox, select and radio.
  • Security resolved : implementation of sessions tokens.
  • Script separated from GS, to permit use anywhere (an handle file do the link).
  • Configuration panel sentences and info messages added to language system. (some translation work! :p)
  • New setting : default email.
  • General fields have checklists too.
  • HTML/CSS structuration. Easily create titles, labels...
0.9.1 - bugs fixes, german translation and languages names:
  • Full german translation (thanks to Martin Köhler)
  • Bugs fix : captcha verification and reload
  • Url to captcha defined with GS $SITEURL
  • Captcha required by default
  • Languages names instead of ISO codes in configuration panel (new lang/langs.php file, associating iso and name).

I spent some time to write it, so if you have an answer please read it first.
(and if you see some clerical errors, I would like if you correct me Smile

The captcha question :
In your opinion, do I keep the securimage© advanced captcha? A mathematical captcha or the fieldcaptcha implemented, are/will be sufficient?
The disadvantages of securimage© captcha are for me : I haven't coded it, it's a very big script, and this brings a lot of complications to display image and ugly things to do to make it working with url-rewriting (see response to gorans below).

You can maybe help :
  • To translate new sentences in existing languages, or translate from scratch a new language,
  • To debug,
  • By giving your opinion on captcha question explained above,
  • By teach me some jedi tricks to develop last things

Pfiuu, it was a complicated post!

I hope you like it,
Good night!
After some correspondence between me and P01 I was going to write a long post with my concerns, proposals, some fixes and so on.
But v 0.9 just smashed me right in da face, so I moved half of my thoughts into trash.
I haven't had much time to test v.09, but the captcha doesn't want to work. Every time I rewrite the code from img, I'm being told it's wrong :\
V 8.3 didn't want to show captcha on siblings (turning off parent/ in link solved it partially) but since I had a deadline today, I had to revert back to 8.3.

I see that you switched to object programming - for me it's bad, as I never understood object oriented programming, although I'm specialized in lisp language Wink
Structure of files in the tree has changed as well.

Quote:HTML/CSS structuration. Easily create titles, labels... See

I see that you changed the structure of html when generating forms. In 8.3 it wasn't good, but in 0.9 it's just bad.
It contains too many divs*. I'd like to at least try to prepare a simple structure based on styles, because styling forms in current mode (v9 & 8.3) makes me wanna throw my keyboard away.
But it's nice that you have put errors (required field notification) inside labels.

*maybe your main idea was to allow a little bit easier usage of jquery with the form ?

I said it earlier, but I'd like to discuss the future of P01 contact.
It's an awesome plugin, and every version brings new features. It evolves into a more advanced contact form, but still being very easy to use in its basic form.
With current features it's going to be almost perfectly suited to offer more than only creation of webcontact forms, and is close to offer something like surveys of form to mails (like sites similar to wufoo.com) being very easy to create and manage.
And the most important: it doesn't require programming knowledge. Those who doesn't know webforms is a real pain during creation.

Having this on mind, plugin has to offer own/custom label names, to create question fields.
Hidden fields are required too, as having many forms on own site can make it hard to distinguish which form was used.
And such hidden fields would come in handy, to get something like an own comment in sent message.
I've changed couple things in v 8.3 to get exact path in sent message, as well as date format, to know which contact form has been used. But I assume you have fixed this in v9. If not, I'll try to test it as soon as

With above's quite big update, you'd have to prepare couple additional examples.

A side note: it's painful to use options such as ..., text => text field content, ... as " > " is being sometimes converted to entity, making the form to be parsed as a normal text.
I've turned off entities but I have no idea if it won't happen again.

Quote:
gorans Wrote:I understand that it is a problem with the path to the captcha.
I cannot (or I don't know how) do that automatically.
(if someone know if it's possible to get the absolute url -not server path- to a specific file -not the running one-, i'm interrested!)
I had to change the links structure, and get rid of parent page to see the captcha img on nested page.
I'll have to look at it a little bit more, as I think it's just about to create a useful variable.
Or maybe just taking the uri of the page, and pass it to variable containing path.

eidt: forgot to mention 1 important thing.
Did you think about a way to send the mails through a smtp/pop3 mail account ?
phpmail will sooner or later die, as mail servers doesn't want to forward unauthenticated mails :/

and edit 2: this plug still forces the user to add page descrpition manually. Otherwise meta description contains used call structure .
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
I think the previous version was better Smile
http://neowebtime.ru/00/ccc
p01 Wrote:If someone know if it’s possible to get the absolute URL—not server path—to a specific file, I’m interested!
Code:
global $SITEURL;
$p01contact->securimage_url = $SITEURL.'plugins/p01-contact/captcha/';
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
yojoe Wrote:the captcha doesn't want to work. Every time I rewrite the code from img, I'm being told it's wrong :\
Will be fixed on 0.9.1, thanks.

yojoe Wrote:V 8.3 didn't want to show captcha on siblings (turning off parent/ in link solved it partially)
I don't understand what siblings/parents do you mean. :?

yojoe Wrote:I see that you switched to object programming - for me it's bad, as I never understood object oriented programming, although I'm specialized in lisp language Wink
Yeah, since 0.8. It was needed to be serious and go further.

yojoe Wrote:Structure of files in the tree has changed as well.
It's relative to script separation from GetSimple :
p01-contact (all the content of the folder p01contact) is a standard php script who can be used anywhere. p01-contact_gs.php is the handle who make the link with GetSimple.

yojoe Wrote:In 8.3 it wasn't good, but in 0.9 it's just bad.
It contains too many divs*. I'd like to at least try to prepare a simple structure based on styles, because styling forms in current mode (v9 & 8.3) makes me wanna throw my keyboard away.
This many-div structure is used to permit any styling : table-like, page-flow, etc...
If you have a better structure to provide, It's with pleasure.

yojoe Wrote:But it's nice that you have put errors (required field notification) inside labels.
Having this on mind, plugin has to offer own/custom label names, to create question fields.
The first one respond to the second one. I have write an example precisely on answer/response : Unknown fields types

yojoe Wrote:I said it earlier, but I'd like to discuss the future of P01 contact.
It's an awesome plugin, and every version brings new features. It evolves into a more advanced contact form, but still being very easy to use in its basic form.
With current features it's going to be almost perfectly suited to offer more than only creation of webcontact forms, and is close to offer something like surveys of form to mails (like sites similar to wufoo.com) being very easy to create and manage.
And the most important: it doesn't require programming knowledge. Those who doesn't know webforms is a real pain during creation.
Thanks you again yojoe.
Maybe, in version... 47, this script will be integrated in GetSimple editor with visual edition, etc... (to avoid waiting, I add that I would have probably not that in my lifetime :p)

yojoe Wrote:Hidden fields are required too, as having many forms on own site can make it hard to distinguish which form was used.
And such hidden fields would come in handy, to get something like an own comment in sent message.
Good idea, noted.

yojoe Wrote:I've changed couple things in v 8.3 to get exact path in sent message, as well as date format, to know which contact form has been used. But I assume you have fixed this in v9. If not, I'll try to test it as soon as
The sender page path is linked in the mail footer since 0.8 : email screenshot.
For date, I'm not sure to let it in 1.0 : date format depend to many things, and it's server time. Mail readers show better than i can do the sent time.

yojoe Wrote:With above's quite big update, you'd have to prepare couple additional examples.
I will.

yojoe Wrote:A side note: it's painful to use options such as ..., text => text field content, ... as " > " is being sometimes converted to entity, making the form to be parsed as a normal text.
I've turned off entities but I have no idea if it won't happen again.
The parser is designed for html entities, because you are right GetSimple converts on the fly.
So, as an user, you normally haven't to worry about it.

yojoe Wrote:
p01 Wrote:(if someone know if it's possible to get the absolute url -not server path- to a specific file -not the running one-, i'm interrested!)
I'll have to look at it a little bit more, as I think it's just about to create a useful variable.
Or maybe just taking the uri of the page, and pass it to variable containing path.
Zegnåt Wrote:
Code:
global $SITEURL;
$p01contact->securimage_url = $SITEURL.'plugins/p01-contact/captcha/';
I don't mean the site/page url, but a file url. Like...
Code:
/*server path of the file containing it.
Not the includer/running file, the container file. */
directory(__FILE__);
...but for url. Logically it's not possible.

Your proposition works for GetSimple Zegnåt, so I will content myself for now.
Thanks.

yojoe Wrote:Did you think about a way to send the mails through a smtp/pop3 mail account ?
phpmail will sooner or later die, as mail servers doesn't want to forward unauthenticated mails
Thank you for the info, I'll find out.

yojoe Wrote:this plug still forces the user to add page descrpition manually. Otherwise meta description contains used call structure .
I'ts still in todo list. This is one reason why i asked some jedi tricks.
Since 0.7 there it's indicated in documentation : howto use it as a getsimple plugin.

Oleg06 Wrote:I think the previous version was better Smile
Uh, hard statement.
There is encoding problems? Damn, nothing have been changed in encoding process...

As you have noticed (or not), my versioning is :
  • x : major release, like 1.0. Before 1.0 imperfections (compared to what is referred) are considered as normal.
  • x.y : minor release, like 0.9. Launch new functionalities and/or resolve several problems. Not considered as fully stable (not yet passed by you).
  • x.y.z : revision release, like 0.8.3. Correct bugs, improve systems, adjust things. Nothing important added. This is expected to be gradually stable.
So 0.9 branch will be slowly stable with revisions.

No one have an opinion about captcha interrogation in precedent post?
http://get-simple.info/forum/post/7975/#p7975

Thanks for your returns!
PHP never works with URLs the way browsers and HTML do. So it can’t retreive these either. This is because PHP does not know what domain is used to access something, all it can tell you is the address used by the browser when it requested the current file.

You will always have to reverse-engineer the file location. In GetSimple we have the $SITEURL variable to solve this problem. Other CMS systems have probably created different solutions.

p01 Wrote:In your opinion, do I keep the securimage© advanced captcha? A mathematical captcha or the fieldcaptcha implemented, are/will be sufficient?

I believe plugins shouldn’t include any captcha. Instead they should offer plugin hooks so other people can create captcha plugins. This way, people can easily get any captcha they want and all plugins using captchas get the same one.
Updated to 0.9.1 to mainly correct urgent bugs.

See http://get-simple.info/forum/post/7975/#p7975

Zegnåt Wrote:PHP never works with URLs the way browsers and HTML do. So it can’t retreive these either. This is because PHP does not know what domain is used to access something, all it can tell you is the address used by the browser when it requested the current file.

You will always have to reverse-engineer the file location. In GetSimple we have the $SITEURL variable to solve this problem. Other CMS systems have probably created different solutions.
That's what I thought. Thanks.

Zegnåt Wrote:I believe plugins shouldn’t include any captcha. Instead they should offer plugin hooks so other people can create captcha plugins. This way, people can easily get any captcha they want and all plugins using captchas get the same one.
You're right but when you said "people", you said developers, programmers. The goal of this script in GS is to permit anyone to simply manipulate it. In addition, I have no idea how to do that! (and I respond without be sure of what you are talking about, also)