Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different hostname and ip-address for admin panel
I've tried to install the public part on one virtual host (blocking admin dir) and a different virtual host for the admin.

This doesn't work, because url-rewriting is partly done on the url in the website.xml.
Furthermore, it is not possible to install the admin panel in a seperate directory.

It would be great to make it more secure by splitting it over different urls.

I hope you have some ideas how to do this or maybe it can be part of a new release.

Thanks.
I've posted couple days a solution to use different locations of panel admin within the same domain.
Moving admin panel to another domain would be useless, as you'd have to change all paths inside php files. I don't even know if sessionstore would work between domains.

I'm thinking about a solution, to force ssl connection to admin panel, but I'd have to come up with couple solutions dependent on hosting accounts configuration.
I haven't such possibility, thus it could work only on certain configs.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
We are working to make all paths configurable but due to how GetSimple started there are so many files still holding hard-coded file paths this will take a while. I don’t see any function for putting the admin panel on a different server any time soon though, maybe someone will develop this in the form of a plugin.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!