Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GS editor width
Is there possible to enable this:
define('GSEDITORWIDTH', '540');
As a option like:
define('GSEDITORHEIGHT', '400');

Would be great to easy the editor width.
edit admin\edit.php
below line 304 add:
width: 540,

This is the fastest way, but it's not that hard to add some php code and define the width from within gsconfig.php
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
When will this be needed though?

It would indeed be easy to implement an option for it in gsconfig but the admin pages have a fixed width so to me it seems stupid to give only the editor a flexible width. Of course if you can come up with some use cases where this is necessary we will be happy to implement it.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
The width was never set as a GSCONFIG option because the control panel's left-hand side is only so wide. If we make it wider, it will screw with the layout...
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I only posted a solution Wink

Anyway it can be used only in custom admin skin, or with Mike's customfield plugin with my textarea hack. Although I hadn't luck to force customfield's ckeditor instance to operate with GS ckedit theme.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
I wanted the option cause i wanted the same size in edit as the size of the page that will be showen.

If the page is 750px i want to edit in the same width.

//Maxpop