Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a problem with the hello-word plugin
i developed a php guestbook based on text files and now i'm thinking to convert this guestbook in a get-simple plugin but i have a problem:
For the first time i have pasted the hello-word plugin in the plugin folder e i have tryed this plugin but "hello word" doesn't appears.Why?I have also tryed with the default theme.

p.s: the plugin appears correctly on the plugin menu
My Site: The Harad's Forge
Do you want a guestbook on pages or on news manager articles?Download my GS plugin: ARGuestbook
Anyone can help me?
Do you want a guestbook on pages or on news manager articles?Download my GS plugin: ARGuestbook
I can’t find the hello world plugin, do you have a link to the download? It could just be that plugin is broken.

Your best bet is to download a couple of plugins from the Extend page and work from there.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
the plugin that I say is on the docs
Yeah, the "hello world" sample plugin is missing a closing ?> line at the end.

Here: http://get-simple.info/docs/plugin-creation
and also here: http://get-simple.info/data/uploads/hello-world.txt
I was already aware, in fact I had added it but the problem is the same
I added '?>' to the sample code, I will test this plugin and see if I can figure out the issue you are having. Have you attempted to turn on Debug mode if not will you please and report here the errors it reports. You can find a tuturial on how to enable debug mode Here.
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
In order for the plugin to work you will need to have the following line in your template, usually in the footer.

Code:
<?php get_footer(); ?>

this turn executes the footer hook.

Mike
My Github Repos: Github
The problem is, it’s old.

The plugin discussed on the plugin creation page is not the same as the one up for download.

The important difference is the hooking system. The correct function is add_action and this is used in the article. The old and no longer working function add_hook is the one used in the download.

Change add_hook to add_action and you should be ready to experiment!

PS: I like how it took 3 main developers to react before an actual problem was found ;-)
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Quote:PS: I like how it took 3 main developers to react before an actual problem was found ;-)
Lol I didn't even realize there was one up for download..

P.S. I have fixed the error on get-simple.info (the '.txt' file)
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
Strange... I told Chris about that "add_hook" error back in June, and he fixed it... I suppose some backup restore brought it back to life. :-)
Carlos is right. I think i changed it in the page, but not the attachment. That was my overlook... sorry guys.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I solved the problem,there isn't <?php get_footer(); ?> in the footer of template,even in the default theme.Thanks