Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
someone has to write the normal functioning plugin news-blog?
to be like this
please
Oleg06 Wrote:please

Hi there Oleg. I am busy with one for myself , when done will add to plugins and you can look how it works. Is simply.. will have to add the comments if required later on but for now is just to blog easily.. with picture in layout you want etc etc..

Almost done.. just had to take some time off from projects.. Big Grin but will get done asap..

(The Cart system will also work on later have to add South African Payment gateway also but will add the language part shortly)
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
Oh, thank you, you reassured me
Smile.. Glad to hear.. Will let you know when I have beta out for you to look at.. tx
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
Oleg06 Wrote:Oh, thank you, you reassured me

Hi there. Can you please test this one ? You will find it under the Pages tab called Dominion Blog, the description on how to use it will be there.

Note you can control look and feel with the CSS under settings
and you can insert images etc as you like in Excerpt and blog itself.

It is hardcoded to be max of 5 blogs else you have to click on link to show all blogs.. I willmake the configurable later.. first just want to test how it works.

Will make dates more correct in future.. just testing now.. Dont display them yet.

Thanks
Have nice day.. Me gona go sleep now Big Grin

cheers

//****************
FILE HAS been removed - Please look at last posts for latest file
Unfortunately my provider wrote to me that moving to another server and have not even shop again broke, but I'll try :-)
Hi there. I see the problem yes. Do you have the latest jCart on it ? For it is weird that it already has session started.. I will change the jCart code tonight to fix that for you.

Just enable the blog system it is suppose to work, does not use sessions.

thanks
Hi there,

I'm a newbie to get-simple and PHP - love your work..! there is a real need for a decent blog plugin Smile

Anyway I found the blog installed successfully, but came up with the following error in the admin section:

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::asXML(/var/www/plugins/dominion-blog/data/dominion_blogs_groups.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/plugins/dominion-it-shared/dominion-common.php on line 42 Warning: SimpleXMLElement::asXML(/var/www/plugins/dominion-blog/blogs/dominion-blogs-1.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/plugins/dominion-it-shared/dominion-common.php on line 42 Fatal error: Call to a member function xpath() on a non-object in /var/www/plugins/dominion-blog.php on line 155

I've tried chmod'ing individual files but it didn't change anything.
Hi there. I am going to release a new blog/ news system in about 15 minutes. Then this will go away.. I replace the XSLT and XML with php server side code as this had to many downsides..

will keep you posted.

tx for using it ..
Oleg06 Wrote:Unfortunately my provider wrote to me that moving to another server and have not even shop again broke, but I'll try :-)
http://neowebtime.ru/0000/phpinfo.php

Hi there. Here is the newest version. This can be used as a blogging AND news system.
In the settings area it will show what you can use where.

You can find it under Pages -> Dominion Blog

Let me know if this is what you are looking for, remember that you can do some changes with the CSS under settings, I will add row counts etc later on,.. just need to get the basics right first.

thanks

//****************
FILE HAS been removed - Please look at last posts for latest file
Sorry, saw I forgot to add the new CSS id's for the news blogs under config.

It is added now.

thanks

//*************8

FILE HAS BEEN REMOVED - Please check last post for latest version
jimbo_on_travels Wrote:Hi there,
Warning: SimpleXMLElement::asXML(/var/www/plugins/dominion-blog/data/dominion_blogs_groups.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/plugins/dominion-it-shared/dominion-common.php on line 42 Warning: SimpleXMLElement::asXML(/var/www/plugins/dominion-blog/blogs/dominion-blogs-1.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/plugins/dominion-it-shared/dominion-common.php on line 42 Fatal error: Call to a member function xpath() on a non-object in /var/www/plugins/dominion-blog.php on line 155

I've tried chmod'ing individual files but it didn't change anything.

This is interesting. CAn you please tell me what the permissions are for the folders at your side ? I would want to chang mine to the same on my side and see if I can emulate it.

thanks
jimbo_on_travels Wrote:Warning: SimpleXMLElement::asXML(/var/www/plugins/dominion-blog/data/dominion_blogs_groups.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/plugins/dominion-it-shared/dominion-common.php on line 42 Warning: SimpleXMLElement::asXML(/var/www/plugins/dominion-blog/blogs/dominion-blogs-1.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/plugins/dominion-it-shared/dominion-common.php on line 42 Fatal error: Call to a member function xpath() on a non-object in /var/www/plugins/dominion-blog.php on line 155

Hi there.. This is my permissions on my linux server that works. If you want to compare maybe ?
Quote:dominion-blog - 755
+
|-- blog - 755
+
|- *.* (all files) - 644
|- data - 755
+
|- *.* (all files) - 644
dominion-it-shared - 755
+
|- *.* (all files) - 644
Okay... here is small change
VERSION : 0.2b

CHANGE : Show 'News System offline' if plugin is Disabled in config.

TESTED : Works with and without Fancy URL's
blog on a computer is operating normally, do thou restriction display units on the same page?
Will do pagination
Basically it works like this.. The blog system is placed where you place the tag
(% blog:blog group id %)
Then on that page I display (for now hardcoded) the first 5 entries against the group. you can select each blog seperatly and view it totally or click Show all Blogs and then all will be shown for you. Thus it starts with a list and you can move between blog and list as you go on.

For the NEWS system part you use the php code in the template or sidebar as you require, code is supplied in screen where you create the blogs. The news system will then create a list of news items and if you click on it, it will be shown on the main screen REGARDLESS on what screen you where. You have to refresh the screen again to see its original contents.

hope this makes sense.

thanks
Oleg06 Wrote:blog on a computer is operating normally, do thou restriction display units on the same page?
Will do pagination

I see your server is down, is there URL where I can see your version ?
Thanks
thanks for the update Smile I'm at work now (its 9am here in NZ) - will put it up on my site and see how it goes later..

Re: permissions issues - I think it might be my localhost acting up.. I'll check the permissions are the same with what you have and let you know.
I decided to change ISP's, and tomorrow is delegated to a domain, then we'll see
jimbo_on_travels Wrote:thanks for the update Smile I'm at work now (its 9am here in NZ) - will put it up on my site and see how it goes later..

Re: permissions issues - I think it might be my localhost acting up.. I'll check the permissions are the same with what you have and let you know.

100% hope you come right.. ja it is 22:37 here thus close to sleeping time , still have to work tommorow Big Grin

let me know if you have issues.
Oleg06 Wrote:I decided to change ISP's, and tomorrow is delegated to a domain, then we'll see

100% k. let me know if you have issues. is suppose to work. I have simple version running at

If you want you can test it at

http://www.dominion-it.co.za/kliente/Oleg/GetSimple/

I will PM you the username and password
if on the main page click on the link in the sidebar and go to the blog, then click on the link <<Back to Blogs, then goes to the home page can simply write "back"?
Yes I must make it back you are right.. will fix it tommorow first need to get some sleep.
But is this what you was looking for ? It is basically kind of news, blog system togther, just need to change css to make it look better. But you can enter as much as you want and what you want with pictures etc.

hope it helps.. thanks for testing.
cheers
Oleg06 Wrote:if on the main page click on the link in the sidebar and go to the blog, then click on the link <<Back to Blogs, then goes to the home page can simply write "back"?

hi there, I made the change. Created new topic for this

http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/1131/...ws-system/

thanks