Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROBLEM Unfortunately, this CMS does not work well for a large number of pages
Hello

Unfortunately, this CMS does not work well for a large number of pages, for example, 100,000 pages

The larger the number of pages, the more the pages loaded in the management section

1 All pages should not be listed on pages, for example, every 100 items in a page and paginated

2 Not all pages should be displayed in Page Parent, as well as insert after, when the number of pages is too high, the edit.php load is increased when the new article is published or the content is edited.

When the number of pages is high, the search plugin does not work well, and the length of the content editing is greatly increased

I've been using this content management system for many years, and it really was not a problem until the number of pages was low, but now my pages have reached more than 70,000, and I'm asking you to fix these problems with your new update. Remove the servant

I suggest testing this content management system with the i18n search plugin with over 100,000 items

Thanks
Were all those 70 000+ pages created manually, that is, with GetSimple's page editor?
I answered on github no reason to keep posting.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
For reference:
https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpl...ssues/1274
I would consider 1000 pages to be a large number of pages, 100,000 is astronomical and I would never ever consider using a non db system for that many.
(2018-04-29, 00:50:56)shawn_a Wrote: I would consider 1000 pages to be a large number of pages, 100,000 is astronomical and I would never ever consider using a non db system for that many.

Hello
You have to count a lot. I've been using this system for years and now I can not use it as the pages get bigger. Is it logical? Meanwhile, this mysql-based system did not store information that I could migrate to Wordpress

Please plan the system so that it can support many pages. I have a lot of interest in my management system and I would love to always use it.

Thankful
One of the users of my forum recommends that you break your site into sub-sites.
yeah I would use mutiple GSDATA stores and swap sites on the fly, afar as searching across them all, that is gonna be a problem you would have to write your own plugin to do that.

We have also discussed using a subfolder pages system that would allow unlimited pages, that might be the easiest solution to implement