Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
big help for beginner's us
Hello,

I'm just starting with getsimple since a couple of days.

All was alright after design my template and included some news pages with text pictures gallery and so on but ............ I'm front a problem at now:
How can I call the content of any page in an other through a link?

for exemple I build a page "A" with a content "blablabla" .
I build an other page "B" and I want included a link for only obtain the content of the "A" page?

Thank a lot for your help.

Kristian
nobody know ;-(
I don’t understand your question, can you explain exactly what you want to do and what it should result in?
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
are you looking for an automatic way to link "Page A" to "Page B" within the editor?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I think he might be talking about an anchor tag to link to B from within a (ie, not though the nav bar). Forget what you call it (swiss cheese for a brain), but refering problem "x" (on page two) to solution "z" on page five, for example...? Links, that's what they're called. Links. A sort of cross-referencing idea. Do you want the blue car or the red car or the black one. If you select black it takes you to the page that is about black cars.

This is more of an HTML/ styling problem I think.Which is interesting, as I was going to suggest opening a thread to deal with HTML/CSS stuff.

With the best CMS must come some help making it fantastic, and that's where the stylers come in!

With great power comes great responsible, as George Bush once said!
Hi!

Sorry if I'm not enough clear
I forgot to say than I use a 3 submenus in my page.

page A ------ *link page B
------ *link page C
------ *lin page D

I'm looking for the script which one can use for obtain the content of the B's page without to leave the A's page. B or C or D of course.

with an automatic way to link "Page A" to "Page B", I change the page and the user should come back in the prévious page. It's not fluid

sorry for my poor english ;-)

If you can't understand what I mean It's not a problem.
Avoid the swiss cheese for a brain ......... ;-))

Regards
I think he's asking for a submenu plugin.
I haven't seen such plugin for GS.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
Kristian, I'm not a CSS expert, but I have not yet come across such a possibility as you seem to require. To my mind it appears that you could be looking for a thing called a pop-up. It's a CSS3 thing. Not very cross-browser friendly yet, though.

When you hover over a word or a link a box "pops-up" over the existing page (positive z-index) usually with no more than a hundred word explanation of that thing you hovered over. You could theoretically make a pop-up as big as you want to but that kind of defeats the whole purpose of CSS (which is to reduce load times, essentially; stylers are going to kill me for saying that).

I'm afraid that if you want to see what is on the back page of the newspaper you have to unfortunately turn the newspaper over. That is you have to go to page "B" to see what is on page "B".

The only other method is to use a link (called a page jump) that takes you further down the same page and then back up to the menu again. Its a clever way of making it seem as though there are many pages when in fact there is just one.

Briefly, you start with a navigation list: (a is for anchor)

<li>
<a href="#One">One</a>
<a href="#Two">Two</a>
<a href="#Three">Three</a>
</li>

Then just below the list you put this: <a name="Home"></a>. This will tell your return link where to come "home" to.

Now you need your return link (usually at the bottom of a paragraph or section).

Looks something like this: <a href="#Home">Back to Menu</a> which will return you to your nav list at the top of the page. As I said before, it's a brilliantly simple way of putting everything on one page and making it look like many pages. Why is it so cool? Well, there's no page reloading involved, is there? So the jumps happen instantly.

Put your request out to a few CSS forums and see what they come up with. Further than that I'd have to say you've got me!

Enjoy.
Yo! :-))

It's exactly what I was looking for .

Thank a lot for the time spend for the answer.

Regards
It's a pleasure. I'm still very much a beginner but will help in any way I can. Send me a message anytime you have a problem and I'll see if I can help. Helping you with that problem helped to make it clearer in my own mind.

Regards.