Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dominion Blog/News system
Yes, it was better, but still I think it would be better to remove the link and make the transition immediately http://neowebtime.ru/0/blog?dblog_showall=1
It is already configurable, just go to Settings tab
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
wow, cool, but when I remove the check mark appears here that
Code:
Notice: Undefined index: show_blog_summary in /home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/0/plugins/dominion-blog.php on line 265
maybe it's not scary because the blog is working as I wanted
Oleg06 Wrote:wow, cool, but when I remove the check mark appears here that
Code:
Notice: Undefined index: show_blog_summary in /home/cp068800/public_html/neowebtime.ru/0/plugins/dominion-blog.php on line 265

Yes I still need to fix that
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
thanks, great plugin, I cleaned it a bit and turned into his own language, I advise you to replace it id to class, because they are repeated
http://neowebtime.ru/0/blog
glad you like it, dont fully understand what you mean with last part. if you cleaned up code please let me know so that i can look at, or do you mean you worked on the css ? and want the div's to use classes instead of id's ?
tx

johannes
I just turned off you CSS and changed the id to class
100%. if you have any advise regarding layout/design please give me as I can develop backup systems but I am not good with making stuf look nice. that I let other people do

tx
in the admin you are all wonderful,
I just put
Code:

in between the <INPUT> in strings 440, 441 in dominion-jcart.php
dominionit: I've got couple questions about this plugin.
I haven't tried it yet, so those may be just theoretical questions.

1. Can I use multiple instances of your plugin ?
example: I'd like to add short news to website, as well as write longer articles (and link them inside short news).
Both of such modules working independently, being available from menu like:
news | articles | about | contact

2. I'd like to use such news/blog system, to serve blog entries from a subdomain url.
example: small website available under www.mysite.tld, containing
home | about | offer | contact | blog
blog available under blog.mysite.com, but without base website menu (I'd create an additional menu manually).

problems: I could add a condition to show menu, like comparing current URI path, and if it doesn't contain "blog" string, then it would show the base website menu.
But how could I show the blog content using 1 GS instance ?
Only possible solution I know, is to proxy the content from certain address using mod_rewrite. But I would also like to know a solution, when hosting doesn't offer mod_proxy plugin for apache.

I'm not a webdev, thus I don't know if creating in a subdomain directory a php file with 1 line:
<?php require("../index.php?id=blog"); ?>
would do the job. I assume that require/include command won't work with friendly urls turned on.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
this is the best news plugin, it allows you to create groups for your blog, you can write as many blogs and news
http://neowebtime.ru/0/blog
http://neowebtime.ru/0/index.php?id=news...1%82%D0%B8
yojoe Wrote:dominionit: I've got couple questions about this plugin.
I haven't tried it yet, so those may be just theoretical questions.

1. Can I use multiple instances of your plugin ?
example: I'd like to add short news to website, as well as write longer articles (and link them inside short news).
Both of such modules working independently, being available from menu like:
news | articles | about | contact

2. I'd like to use such news/blog system, to serve blog entries from a subdomain url.
example: small website available under www.mysite.tld, containing
home | about | offer | contact | blog
blog available under blog.mysite.com, but without base website menu (I'd create an additional menu manually).

problems: I could add a condition to show menu, like comparing current URI path, and if it doesn't contain "blog" string, then it would show the base website menu.
But how could I show the blog content using 1 GS instance ?
Only possible solution I know, is to proxy the content from certain address using mod_rewrite. But I would also like to know a solution, when hosting doesn't offer mod_proxy plugin for apache.

I'm not a webdev, thus I don't know if creating in a subdomain directory a php file with 1 line:
<?php require("../index.php?id=blog"); ?>
would do the job. I assume that require/include command won't work with friendly urls turned on.

Hi there. If I remember correctly you can do a redirect on a subdomain thus you can redirect it to a url thus to a page that you want the blog to display on. Basically the blog get's displayed where ever you add the (% blog:blogID %) tag in a page. thus if the page is a page without a menu item then it is hidden basically thus you can redirect to it via fancy urls if you want for example mysite.com/hiddenblogpage/
or just plain direct mysite.com/index.php?id=hiddenblogpage and then the blog willbe shown as you required.

Hope it make's sense and help. If I can suggest. Install the system and play with it , then you might get a better idea.

hope it helps

have a nice night.

Johannes
*bump* - hows things going on this plugin? its definitely very impressive!
jimbo_on_travels Wrote:*bump* - hows things going on this plugin? its definitely very impressive!

Hi there.. little busy with client side at moment. Is there something specific you need on it ? It is kinda stable at moment and have most feature in it..

Let me know and I will see what I can get done when I have time

dankie

Johannes
thats ok - I just wanted to check in to see if it was stable for use.. Smile

Looking at the list of items to add - I guess the tag cloud stuff would be easiest to implement next(?)
sorry for my poor english.

Quote:Copy (% blog:blog %) to Page to display blog if Enabled.

I had add a page in GS, and the SLUG_URL is 'blog', shoud I copy (% blog:blog %) into the content?
Ben Wrote:sorry for my poor english.

I had add a page in GS, and the SLUG_URL is 'blog', shoud I copy (% blog:blog %) into the content?

Yes just copy (% blog:blog %) into the page where you want the Blog to be displayed. Remember to Enable it else you will only see the text (% blog:blog %) on that page when you view it and not the blog entries that you have created.

Hope it helps.
jimbo_on_travels Wrote:thats ok - I just wanted to check in to see if it was stable for use.. Smile

Looking at the list of items to add - I guess the tag cloud stuff would be easiest to implement next(?)

Can be, need to add a tag property on each blog entry, then index them and then run from there, not to hard have the whole idea already in my head just need time to sit down and do it Big Grin
dominionit Wrote:
Ben Wrote:sorry for my poor english.

Yes just copy (% blog:blog %) into the page where you want the Blog to be displayed. Remember to Enable it else you will only see the text (% blog:blog %) on that page when you view it and not the blog entries that you have created.

Hope it helps.

I understand.
thank you.
wondering whether you can write description and keywords in the news and blog?
Oleg06 Wrote:wondering whether you can write description and keywords in the news and blog?

Tag and tag cloud is part of list of things to come, descriptions I can look at adding, this is now other than the short version of the blog (Excerpt ) ? I will look at adding it, is this more to be used with meta tags ?

tx
Hello,

I am new to the forum and I discovered Get Simple few days ago. I apologize in advance for my English ... I'm French and I try to get better every day.

I post a message here because I read all the topics dealing with the plugin "zegnat multilevelmenu" me too and I tried to activate it on my site ...

I have a problem understanding on his installation as apparently I have my menu (level 1) that appears but not my submenu (submenu level 2).

I have version "GetSimple_2.03" and made the following operations:
1 / I unzipped the file "zegnat-multilevelnavigation31.zip" and put the contents into the plugins folder.
I have a new tab that appears in "Themes" in management.
2 / I replaced the code "<ul id="nav"> <?php get_navigation (return_page_slug ()); ?> </ ul>" by "<?php menu_master (); ?>" in my template.
When I update my page, I still have my tabs but not the level 1 submenus by scrolling down ...
Can you help me or tell me what I forgot.

Thank you in advance.

Helse
Hi there Helse. Your english is very good better than mine, I also struggle as my language is Afrikaans.

Regarding the plugin. I wish I could help, I have not used it yet but if you go to her plugin's thread and post your question there I am certain they can help you.

Just go to

http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/721/z...19/page/3/

and post it there, people are very helpfull here at least.

have a good day

Johannes
Thank you very much for your reply, I'll try to post because my post on another post that you gave me the link.

Good day.

Helse