Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dominion Blog/News system
Hi there. Attached is version 0.2c of the blog/news system.

Note changes still to come is

A) Comments (allowing users to comment on blogs if configured to do so (need feedback if this must be configurable per blog or per group)

B) Languages support - DONE

C) Tags and Tag cloud

D) Search function

E) "social" bookmarks under each post (e.g. icon to facebook, digg etc..)

F) Moderated comments (safe comments system) against attacks)

What else anybody might suggest.

Thanks

Johannes

//*******************8
FILE REMOVED - Check end of forum for latest version
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
that is good news, I see you are using the enable and disable also. Nice to see it is used. I want to make all my plugins like that.

Just play with the CSS under the Settings to make it more how you wanted it.

thanks
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
I see the Cart System also works, that is good to see. is it 0.3f you have installed there ?

I need to update cart system as the file in dominion-it-shared has been updated with the blog system the cart systems one is older version. Will do update on it otherwise if you install cart system after blog system it will break blog system, must install blog system last for now till I update cart system later.

tx
it would be good to make the last news shown first
I still have to make a sorting system to get it to sort according to the dates.
Will have new system for that and the blogs as soon as I my head around the idea I have for a small index file inside the xml files to speed up the sorting to not waiste processor power on server.

will let you know when that is done, for now it does it as it is put in. sorry
the transition from the sidebar is heading the previous page
Oleg06 Wrote:the transition from the sidebar is heading the previous page

Good day. New version : 0.3

Added : Index for all blogs to insure dates are in correct order and optimized not to kill server on each show.

Added : News items now have next and previous and current posistion

Added : News Items can show all items in list on main page

Changed : Layout of news items just to show titles under each other.

Changed : Blogs to show date at top and right and smaller, back to blogs link in better positions

Added : Blogs also indexed by date and optimized for server.

Changed : Default CSS to look little nicer, first one was for testing..(other default suggestions will be appreciated I can do development but not design Big Grin )

NOTE : Please save at least ONE BLOG under each group to INDEX the whole blog XML file otherwise you will get message that says that you need first to index the blog pages.

I hope this is more what you where looking for Oleg.

//*******************8
FILE REMOVED - Check end of forum for latest version
Love the new version SmileSmile

http://www.hailstone.info/0/index.php?id...dblog_id=1

The page layout went a bit funny(?)

Also I've seen on some blogs where the date is formatted into an image (a GS example would be http://www.digimute.com/index.php?id=blog) How would I go about replicating that? (It looks like a nice touch.. Wink

Thanks for your efforts..
Hi there. Will fix the funny layout. Somehwere I have extra </div> 10/1
I see what you mean with the date.. looks nice. I will try and do it wont be to hard..

thanks for testing
jimbo_on_travels Wrote:Love the new version SmileSmile

http://www.hailstone.info/0/index.php?id...dblog_id=1

The page layout went a bit funny(?)

Also I've seen on some blogs where the date is formatted into an image (a GS example would be http://www.digimute.com/index.php?id=blog) How would I go about replicating that? (It looks like a nice touch.. Wink

Thanks for your efforts..

Hi there. New version : 0.3a

Fixed : layout issue, Not closing <div> correctly. Layout will now be stable.

Added : Dates to be in picture calendar format. Currently fixed picture. But will make configurable in future on the picture.

Hope it helps

//*******************8
FILE REMOVED, Please check end of forum for latest
looks good.
whether Russify calendar?
Log in to the contacts page and click on the link in the sidebar, you go over to the contacts page
Yes if you click news link it replaces the current active page with the news item. When you are done and click back it will take you to the page where you where.
Is only way I could think to do it.

I will see how we can get the calendar in Russian and other languages also. I will 10/1 make language list of months in numeric form then in each language we have one and then I out the array value.

Can you give me list of SHORT format for the months ?

thanks
янв
фев
март
апр
май
июнь
июль
авг
сент
окт
нояб
дек
Oleg06 Wrote:янв
фев
март
апр
май
июнь
июль
авг
сент
окт
нояб
дек

Hi there. New version : 0.4
Can handle multi language now. If you can please translate for me Oleg I will appreciate. Dates is controlled now when creating blogs/news entries.

Please note the language files are under

Quote:plugins/dominion-it-shared/lang/dominion-blog/

I already started Russian file to test the Months.

Hope it helps

thank you

//**************8
FILE REMOVED - Please look at end of forum for latest files
Note always install blog after Dominion jCart as I still have to update the cart system with the new common shared unit. I also test with blog system my common functions and idea to implement multi language in all my plugins with few function calls.

tx
Oleg06 Wrote:dates do not work
http://neowebtime.ru/0/blog

I do not understand ? This is what I see

[Image: blog_datum_russies.jpg]

How must it look ?

tx
Sorry, the date is set automatically
all is well, I just could not replace the dates
Oleg06 Wrote:Sorry, the date is set automatically

Glad to hear, thus this is correct how it is behaving for you ?

If you have problems, please let me know. I will add Tags cloud later but I first have to finish a carting system for a client of mine before I can continue work on projects.. not to much to do still.

But let me know if quick I can quickly do.

dankie

You say you could not replace the dates ? What does it do ?
Blogs | CSS| Settings
Add Group
Delete This Group
Save Group
Add New Blog

can be included in the language file?
O yes.. sorry I missed those totally.. Will do so.
dominionit Wrote:

it is discharged to the 01-01-1970

Note if you have old blogs in your system it will sets the dates to 1970. You just have to reset the dates and save., then it will be fine.
Google does translate funny
Oleg06 Wrote:
dominionit Wrote:

it is discharged to the 01-01-1970

That will just be for old blogs, just reset it and save, then it will be fine, I moved all to one standard, then I can control better.

tx