Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
News Manager
polyfragmented Wrote:I think I have it narrowed down to the culprit... as soon as I upload the file pages.array into a testinstall, your dropdown gets messed up. The file is being generated by noodle101's page caching plugin and placed into the pages folder along with page xml files.

@roog: ignore all files not ending with .xml, when reading page files

@noodle101: this file pages.array definitely belongs into data/other and not into data/pages.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
mvlcek Wrote:@roog: ignore all files not ending with .xml, when reading page files

I think that is something that should be done by the get_available_pages function of GS. In fact, if you change line 595 of file admin/inc/template_functions.php from:

Code:
if ($file == "." || $file == ".." || is_dir($path . $file) || $file == ".htaccess"  ) {

to

Code:
if (isFile($file, $path, 'xml')) {

everything should be fine.
I cannot add a "local page" link via the editor in news posts, is anybody experiencing this as well? It works on normal pages, but lacks the entry in the "news editor". Latest version, 2.1.5
polyfragmented Wrote:I cannot add a "local page" link via the editor in news posts, is anybody experiencing this as well? It works on normal pages, but lacks the entry in the "news editor". Latest version,  2.1.5

Fixed. Also added some more jQuery goodness.
Thanks, roog, you rock.
I'm having a bit of trouble with the .htaccess mod_rewrite rules as I have quite a few already and I'm not sure where the News Manager rules should go. Where they are currently doesn't seem to be working (News Manager links in the front-end just get redirected to the home page) but every other mod_rewrite rule there works as expected.

Code:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

# Turn on the rewrite engine.
    RewriteEngine On

# FILE NAME VERSIONING TO CACHE BUST
    # Requests for "/res/all.20110101.css" serve up "/res/all.css", etc.
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.+)\.(\d+)\.(js|css|png|jpe?g|gif|ttf|eot|svg|woff)$ $1.$3 [L]

# COOKIE-LESS SUB-DOMAINS FOR STATIC FILES
    # If the hostname isn't www.domain.com AND requested file's extension
    # isn't in the filter list, change host to www.domain.com.
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.spare\.co\.nz$ [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !\.(js|css|png|jpe?g|gif|ttf|eot|svg|woff)$ [NC]
    RewriteRule (.*) http://www.spare.co.nz/$1 [R=301,L] #

# FORCE "FOLDERS" AS CANONICAL
    # Rewrite "domain.com/foo -> domain.com/foo/".
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(\.[a-zA-Z0-9]{1,5}|/|#(.*))$
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /$1/ [R=301,L]

# Extra rules for the GetSimple plugin "News Manager".
    RewriteRule ^tag/([^/.]+)/?$ index.php?tag=$1 [L]
    RewriteRule ^post/([^/.]+)/?$ index.php?post=$1 [L]
    RewriteRule ^page/([^/.]+)/?$ index.php?page=$1 [L]
    RewriteRule ^archive/([^/.]+)/?$ index.php?archive=$1 [L]

# Rewrites for GetSimple
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]

</IfModule>

Anyone see a problem there?
Modern UI Admin for GetSimple
Watch the demo. Install this plugin. Use this CSS. Enjoy.
roog: I have no idea if Roba's external commenting plugin works with your news plug, but did you think about any comment system for news ?
If it would be able to integrate with Roba's FB comments it would be great, although news would would have to be firstly posted as a news feed on FB, before comments could be post.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:roog: I have no idea if Roba's external commenting plugin works with your news plug, but did you think about any comment system for news ?
If it would be able to integrate with Roba's FB comments it would be great, although news would would have to be firstly posted as a news feed on FB, before comments could be post.

In this post: http://get-simple.info/forum/post/14706/#p14706 I explain how to get the external comments working with news manager.

It just requires the inclusion of one line in the nm_show_post function:
Code:
get_external_comments($slug, $url, $title);

in site.php file where you want the comments to appear.

-Rob A>
sal Wrote:I'm having a bit of trouble with the .htaccess mod_rewrite rules as I have quite a few already and I'm not sure where the News Manager rules should go.

I Don't really know how to help you as I'm unfortunately not an mod_rewrite expert. What you could try though is change the location of the news_manager rewrite rules and/or add the some rewrite conditions.
2.2.0 is out. I've added:
  • Caching to reduce server load with large number of posts
  • Undo functionality
Just tried the new version and it screwed things up a little here. I'm assuming that files and folders can simply be overwritten with an upgrade (as before), so that's what I did.

On accessing the site, the news manager page was obviously reset to the homepage and didn't use the previously set blog page anymore. Furthermore, the new version didn't find existing posts anymore which still resided in /data/posts/. Options were generally reset including language and fancy urls.

What gives?

I was able to restore the old functionality by re-upping 2.1.5, the last version I got here. So no problem.
polyfragmented Wrote:What gives?

Those previous posts not appearing in the list was due to a small mistake which is fixed now. About the settings, those have moved to the folder /data/other/news_manager/settings.xml but upgrading won't automatically copy your previous settings. You can do this manually by renaming the old config file or just enter them again in the News Manager settings panel. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
roog Wrote:I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
No problem, mate. You're offering your plugin for free so THANK YOU! for addressing the problems so quickly Smile
roog Wrote:Those previous posts not appearing in the list was due to a small mistake which is fixed now.
Just upgraded in a testinstall and existing blog entries are still not recognised here.

Downloaded news manager 2.2.0 again, set it up again, no blog posts... :/
That's probably because there's still some leftover files from your previous 2.2.0 installation. Just create a new (empty) post and the others will reappear.
roog Wrote:That's probably because there's still some leftover files from your previous 2.2.0 installation. Just create a new (empty) post and the others will reappear.
I deleted the existing folder and file then upped 2.2.0. Doesn't work. Creating an empty post doesn't work here either. sorry.
That's weird, because everything does work on my own setups. Both on new installs and upgrades. Are there any debug messages that give a clue? Can you verify that after creating a new post, the following files exist in the folder /data/other/news_manager/:
  • archives.xml
  • posts.xml
  • settings.xml
  • tags.xml
Damn, I so often forget to enable debug. This is what's being thrown in the sidebar for recent posts and on the blog page:

Code:
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/foo/html/bar/plugins/news_manager/inc/functions.php on line 54

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/foo/html/bar/plugins/news_manager/inc/functions.php on line 54

The files you mentioned are present.
Well.. I really can't explain what's wrong. It seems the function nm_get_posts cannot access your cache files, but that shouldn't be possible since you said it does exists on your system. Also, I can't reproduce the problem myself: I tried it on a clean install and on an upgrade of GS with a previous version of NM and both work just fine.

Last thing I can think of is to do a clean install of GS, copy your old posts (/data/posts/) to the new /data folder and install the latest version of NM. That should definitely work.
I would like to make a suggestion for the admin panel display of the news manager, would it be possible to add some sort of filters so that having large amounts of posts would be easier to handle instead of a long running list of all the posts on one page?
Todo arde si le aplicas la chispa adecuada.
roog: after yurifanboy's question I'm wondering if there's a pagination of news ?
You could use builtin GS pagination function in panel.
roog,

I'll try your suggestion later on, the issue isn't really pressing over here. I dug into your plugin a little though and discovered some useful info affecting my attempt at creating a plugin myself. Idirect thanks for the inspiration.
yojoe Wrote:You could use builtin GS pagination function in panel.

Done! You can enable pagination by setting GSPAGER to TRUE in gsconfig.php.
see here, this pagination will not be continued in 3.1:

http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/1661/...-pagelist/
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
roog Wrote:
yojoe Wrote:You could use builtin GS pagination function in panel.

Done! You can enable pagination by setting GSPAGER to TRUE in gsconfig.php.

awwww... I should explain what I had on mind.
By using builtin function I meant embedding this function inside plugin because as Connie mentioned GS3.1 will be stripped from this feature Sad