Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
News Manager
Raffee,

what's that one slug which doesn't want to display? Maybe some special character crept in which screws up things? Hard to say without more info.
Raffee Wrote:Anyone has idea why list of news articles in admin panel doesn't show one (and only one) title out of 24 others?
On the news front page (both list & indyvidual article page) there's no problem with displaying it.

Don't know. You could enable DEBUG mode and see (also in page source) if any errors are printed.
polyfragmented Wrote:Raffee,

what's that one slug which doesn't want to display? Maybe some special character crept in which screws up things? Hard to say without more info.
Nothing special: it's file named "choroba.xml" (sickness in Polish).
The title of article is just "Choroba" too.
The article shows properly on its page: http://www.raffee.pl/post/choroba
but now has disappeared from news list: http://www.raffee.pl/page/2 (it'd to be just over "Galeria" title).

It seems to be some issue in php code (loop getting articles excerpts into line or something) because there's no tracks of this article in html output viewed with FireBug.
I'll try to investigate it later or probably tomorrow.
could you create manually an xml file, copy only post date from the non working news and see if it appears ?
Did you upload new ver. of NM plugin on top of old one, without changes in existing news ?
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:could you create manually an xml file, copy only post date from the non working news and see if it appears ?
Did you upload new ver. of NM plugin on top of old one, without changes in existing news ?
I completely have no idea what it was (is?) but when I changed slug from 'choroba' to 'chory' - problem disapeared.
No other changes inside the file...
Changing back to 'choroba' causes problem to return.
Dizzy...
I think there's a little bug in function nm_create_excerpt (plugins/news_manager/inc/functions.php line 156).
When using UTF-8 encoding (Polish in my example) and the latest character of excerpt is an UTF-8 two-byte character - it isn't properly displayed. Just a question mark instead of letter.
Adding fourth parameter (encoding as 'UTF-8') to function mb_substr solved problem.

Additionally I miss the 'custom excerpt' possibility from previous version of the plugin.
Maybe it'll be worth to consider to optionally return it back?
It was very good option for example to insert an image into such excerpt and to change its size for news list displaying.
Raffee Wrote:I think there's a little bug in function nm_create_excerpt [...]. Adding fourth parameter (encoding as 'UTF-8') to function mb_substr solved problem.

Thanks, for pointing this out. I'll fix it.

Raffee Wrote:Additionally I miss the 'custom excerpt' possibility from previous version of the plugin [...]. It was very good option for example to insert an image into such excerpt and to change its size for news list displaying.

I wonder how you did this then, because the excerpt box converted everything to plain text without html formatting.
roog Wrote:
Raffee Wrote:Additionally I miss the 'custom excerpt' possibility from previous version of the plugin [...]. It was very good option for example to insert an image into such excerpt and to change its size for news list displaying.

I wonder how you did this then, because the excerpt box converted everything to plain text without html formatting.
It's simple: I put image into news body in CKEditor box, switched to Document source (advanced options), copied whole fragment (pure HTML with desired text and whole img tag), then pasted it into excerpt box and added width or height parameter.
Worked like charm.
Raffee Wrote:It's simple: I put image into news body in CKEditor box, switched to Document source (advanced options), copied whole fragment (pure HTML with desired text and whole img tag), then pasted it into excerpt box and added width or height parameter. Worked like charm.

I wouldn't call it simple but I suppose it worked okay :-D.

Maybe I'll add the custom excerpts again, or provide something like a featured image. Don't know yet.
Sorry, but my English is very bad ...
I installed News Manager and I faced with a malfunction that I can't explain.
For a site hosted by http://www.1and1.fr, once News Manager installed, I can't disconnected or logged on as administrator.
I tested it on another site hosted by http://www.1hebergement.com, no problem it works perfectly.

Could someone explain me why?
Ask me if you need more précisions.

Thanks for your answers.
Bencharp,

there is an article in our WIKI regarding 1&1-Hosters: http://get-simple.info/wiki/installation:1_1

please check these points, probably your problem is the outdated php-version
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Thanks Connie,

Php version previously verified
My PHP version is PHP IS 1 & 1 Version 5.3.1999-dev --> http://batistlee.com/www/phpinfo.php.

Another track?

Edit : And now PHP is in Version 5.2.17…
@Roog: are sure you have uploaded the 2.1.3 version on extend page? I've donwloaded the new version but on the description of news_manager.php file is written "2.0"

EDIT: Seeing better the new features aren't added with the version on extend page,is still the 2.0 zip archive
My Site: The Harad's Forge
Do you want a guestbook on pages or on news manager articles?Download my GS plugin: ARGuestbook
Alessio,

When I download the latest zip archive I do get version 2.1.3 and judging by the latest comments, so do others. I guess you are accidentally openening a previously downloaded archive.
Can I get a link to "News Manager" on page pages.php
why she went to the Plugins page
Oleg06 Wrote:Can I get a link to "News Manager" on page pages.php
why she went to the Plugins page
Seconded.
Done. The bug as pointed out by Raffee has also been fixed.

Sorry for all the hassle of moving this plugin back and forth between the Pages and Plugins tab.
I have updated news manager with the latest version (2.1.4).
Same problem.
Without much hope, I turned on the debug mode of GetSimple, just in case ...

I got:
Quote:Warning: Can not modify header information - headers already sent by (output started " at / homepages/28/d363225851/htdocs/www/plugins/news_manager/lang/fr_FR.php: 93) in / homepages/28/d363225851/htdocs/www / admin / inc / cookie_functions.php on line 30

And when I tried to disconnect:
Quote:Warning: Can not modify header information - headers already sent by (output started " at / homepages/28/d363225851/htdocs/www/plugins/news_manager/lang/fr_FR.php: 93) in / homepages/28/d363225851/htdocs/www / admin / inc / cookie_functions.php on line 52
Error: Headers already sent in / homepages/28/d363225851/htdocs/www/plugins/news_manager/lang/fr_FR.php on line 93 If your browser does not redirect, click Ia § i

All the Lang files of News Manager contain 92 lines, only the fr_FR.php file contains 93 lines.
So I delete line 93 and everything is come back in order.

Hoping to have been useful ...

Thanks for all
Switch the main language of GS to EN,and see if the problem still occurs.
I've got a slight feeling that it may be caused by FR translation, both GS and plugin's.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
bencharp Wrote:So I delete line 93 and everything is come back in order.

Thanks for the update, I'll fix it.
Hi Roog - Great Plugin!

Any way to have the posts listed in the sitemap.xml when you auto-generate from the Themes tab?
patriotmedia Wrote:Any way to have the posts listed in the sitemap.xml when you auto-generate from the Themes tab?

That's a good idea! I'll look into that.
Thanks for the plugin, roog, it's great already.

However I'm trying to make it able to work with mvlcek's DynPages - e.g. I would like to be able to use (% placeholders %) within posts in order to embed galleries into news. I guess the plugin could use the same filter as what GS uses to display regular pages but I just don't really know how to make it work.

Could you help me out a bit?
vinta9e Wrote:However I'm trying to make it able to work with mvlcek's DynPages - e.g. I would like to be able to use (% placeholders %) within posts in order to embed galleries into news. I guess the plugin could use the same filter as what GS uses to display regular pages but I just don't really know how to make it work.

Replacing news_manager/inc/site.php, function nm_show_post, lines 104/105
Code:
$content = strip_decode($data->content);
    if ($excerpt) $content = nm_create_excerpt($content);
with
Code:
$content = strip_decode($data->content);
    if ($excerpt) $content = nm_create_excerpt($content); else $content = exec_filter('content',$content);
should probably allow you to embed any dynamic content e.g. from I18N Gallery, Google Maps or other plugins.

Correction:

This will only work with dynamic content that does not need to add anything to the header.
For I18N Gallery you would have to include the js files (e.g. jquery, fancybox) and css files or styles in your template and patch i18n_gallery.php by removing
Code:
if (!$i18n_gallery_on_page) return $content;
in function i18n_gallery_replace.

(I did not test this)
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
I created and attached the Turkish language file (tr_TR.php) for News Manager. Check it out and let me know what you think, please!