Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
News Manager
@neoDev

Disable fancy URLs in News Manager settings, or else change your .htaccess file to support them.

I don't post any link to pages explaining those changes because I found none. :-( It seems this plugin is no longer supported. Maybe someone using NM can post his/her RewriteRule ...
neoDev Wrote:when the post title/link is clicked it does not find the page. What have I done wrong? You

seams to be wront "fancy URL configuration.
go to PAGES -> NEWS MANAGER -> SETTINGS and the uncheck the FANCY URLS option.

@Carlos..
thank you !! that's what I was needing !! un saludo andaluz !

@Roog, could yo please add that code for including NEWS page content into another page (ie index)
<?php if (return_page_slug()=='index') nm_show_page(); ?>
@Carlos & @focoves Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated! Working now
I love the plugin!
I know that the development/support is kind of stalled here and Carlos has taken the initiative to answer some questions lately. I did skim through all the 20 pages of this thread and this one thing still stays unanswered:

I know that "categories" is not an option, but I'm sure it's possible to display all posts that have certain tags. Much like the nm_list_recent looks like.

Maybe it is possible with something like a nm_searchresults($tag= a,b,c); function?

I've looked through the sidebar.php nm_list_recent function, but I can't figure out how to make a nm_list_posts(tags here).
I am testing this out on a localhost and noticed that it is not displaying the date correctly, dropping the day (Published on May , 2012).

Has anyone else experienced this or is this just a localhost hickup?

GS Community Edition with php8.x compatibility, new features and much more!  Support Me

islander Wrote:I am testing this out on a localhost and noticed that it is not displaying the date correctly, dropping the day (Published on May , 2012).

on win/xampp localhost there is no date at all ..... asume is the environment
islander Wrote:I am testing this out on a localhost and noticed that it is not displaying the date correctly, dropping the day (Published on May , 2012).

Yes, move your development from WAMP to true LAMP environment.
Otherwise you will have weird problems with date functions in GS.

Read post across newsmanager thread, and you'll find exact info.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
@neoDev
Carlos Wrote:Maybe someone using NM can post his/her RewriteRule ...

If you're still interested, user andyash has posted his rewriterules here:
http://get-simple.info/forum/post/27252/#p27252
Hey, can I use post different posts on differents pages? Any wizards options?)
Wow, I've already wasted a complete working day to read these posts!!!
I'm really angry about wasting so much time without finding out how to use this plugin in multilanguage sites. The link for the documentation of this plugin is dead, so it's not possible to find more out about the details of this plugin, such as functions and shortcodes.

So at the end I must delete this plugin and change to some wich is documented reasonable! Grrrr!
Wer nicht überzeugen kann sollte wenigstens Verwirrung stiften!
comdraft Wrote:Wow, I've already wasted a complete working day to read these posts!!!
I'm really angry about wasting so much time without finding out how to use this plugin in multilanguage sites.
It's simple: this plugin doesn't offer multilanguage functionality.

Quote:The link for the documentation of this plugin is dead, so it's not possible to find more out about the details of this plugin, such as functions and shortcodes.

So at the end I must delete this plugin and change to some wich is documented reasonable! Grrrr!
NM is quite old and hasn't had updates lately.
Try i18n_search or pages&comments plugins if you need some sort of multilanguage news system.
And also be sure to take a look at AngryBoy's tutorial (http://spritingonawhim.net.tc/articles/g...3/?lang=en) for the combined use of i18n search and i18n special pages into an easy-to-use multilanguage news page. Implemented it recently and it works great.
yojoe Wrote:
renovera Wrote:i have 2 languages in my site which mean i must have 2 news pages, main language and second language, but i don't use multiple language plugin, can news manager do that?, i pretty desperate on this...
You'd have to duplicate this plugin and change some variables and paths in duplicated instance.
For multiple languages use Mvlcek's search plugin, as it offers also a news functionality, although it's a bit advanced.
Refer to his website for manuals.

Could someone explain what I have to change, which variables to duplicate the plugin? I change all "news_manager" to "news_manager2" and get didn't working website. Maybe I should use different folders for news.
otoinsa Wrote:I love the plugin!
I know that the development/support is kind of stalled here and Carlos has taken the initiative to answer some questions lately. I did skim through all the 20 pages of this thread and this one thing still stays unanswered:

I know that "categories" is not an option, but I'm sure it's possible to display all posts that have certain tags. Much like the nm_list_recent looks like.

Maybe it is possible with something like a nm_searchresults($tag= a,b,c); function?

I've looked through the sidebar.php nm_list_recent function, but I can't figure out how to make a nm_list_posts(tags here).
@otoinsa did you find decision?
@DiDae

Sorry, but no... I wasted 3 hours trying all sorts of ideas, then I just stopped looking. For now the project I was making with GetSimple is simply put on hold, since no one EVER seems to have had the same inquiry regarding categories or tagged posts. If you find anything out, please let me know!
otoinsa Wrote:@DiDae

Sorry, but no... I wasted 3 hours trying all sorts of ideas, then I just stopped looking. For now the project I was making with GetSimple is simply put on hold, since no one EVER seems to have had the same inquiry regarding categories or tagged posts. If you find anything out, please let me know!
Why not consider the 'i18n Special Pages + i18n Search' pseudo news manager? Trust me, it saves you a lot of headache in the long run since you can form categories simply with the use of tags.
comdraft Wrote:Wow, I've already wasted a complete working day to read these posts!!!
I'm really angry about wasting so much time without finding out how to use this plugin in multilanguage sites. The link for the documentation of this plugin is dead, so it's not possible to find more out about the details of this plugin, such as functions and shortcodes.

Anger is never cool but I have to say I agree with this bloke that it can be very frustrating trying to find a plugin, find out about a plugin, get the right info on problems with a plugin and doubly hard if English is not your first language.

I don't know how the 'Extend' thing should be reorganised but it surely is in need of it.
It would be nice to have scripts/tools to import/convert News Manager posts to one or more of these alternatives:

- mikeh's GS Blog plugin
- cumbe's Pages & Comments plugin
- GS normal pages, with a common parent page or tag (to use with mvlcek's I18N Search or Special Pages, e.g. using Angryboy's ways or other methods)

(I don't have the time right now to develop this myself, but here's the idea...)
hello! thanks for this plugin, ot is cool. But how i can show all full(cose it max 200-300 letters) news in one with date <div>?
Hello all,
I am using the News Manager to display upcoming events. I modified the 'functions.php' file to only display posts with dates that hadn't already passed (strtotime($item->date) > $now) which is working okay. However, I want the posts to appear chronilogically, from earliest to latest date, but at the moment they are displayed latest > earliest. I can't find where to modify this in the files...could somebody help? Just to clarify, and example of what I mean:

What it is doing now:
POST TITLE
DATE: 18th Dec 2012
--------------------------
POST TITLE
DATE: 5th November 2012

How I would like it to be displayed:
POST TITLE
DATE: 5th November 2012
--------------------------
POST TITLE
DATE: 18th December 2012

...I'm sure this is probably something really simple I'm missing. Tongue Thanks to anyone that can help.
danielmooreuk Wrote:I want the posts to appear chronilogically, from earliest to latest date,
I'm not 100% sure, but have a look at the nm_show_page() function inside site.php file.
You'd need to change foreach loop into for, where the loop counter would start from the highest amount. Other solution might be to just flip the pages array.
Thanks for the advice yojoe. I tried changing foreach to for, which resulted in a fatal error. I tried flipping the pages array but nothing changed. I think my problem lies in the post cache file (posts.xml). When I create a new post, it is added to the cache file as a new item at the end, then the function 'nm_get_posts' appears to call each post in the order they appear in the cache file:
$data = @getXML(NMPOSTCACHE);
foreach ($data->item as $item) {
I have no idea how I'd change how the items are listed in this file, as I'm pretty new to all this. Any more advice would be greatly appreciated.
@danielmooreuk
Maybe this works for you? (not tested)

Code:
foreach (array_reverse($data->item) as $item) {
Carlos Wrote:@danielmooreuk
Maybe this works for you? (not tested)

Code:
foreach (array_reverse($data->item) as $item) {

Hi Carlos,
I tried what you suggested, which results in no posts being displayed on either the news page or under recent news in the sidebar. I tried to tweak it a little with no success.
maybe this:
Code:
foreach (array_reverse($data->item,TRUE) as $item) {