Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
News Manager
(2013-12-24, 10:04:09)mevsme Wrote: Hi, I'm new to GetSimpleCms and stuff.

But I think I've found a small problem in NM Plugin.

I discovered that if you name News post with non latin letters, there is no name for .xml file in 'data\posts\' and it's messing my posts list a bit. It becomes to impossible edit or delete that post untill you do it manually.

Is that confirmed?

Hi mevsme,
are you using the latest News Manager that Carlos posted right above your post in this topic? This topic is for the old version which is not supported anymore.

Nevertheless, to the topic: I'm using the latest beta which you can find here http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...1#pid41591 (this is the topic for the new still updated version) and as I'm from the Czech Republic, I use extended latin (includes letters like ěščřžýáíéůú etc.) and I have no such problem. You can try to edit a post's slug in a post's preferences to something without those special chars and see if the problem persists. If it's the case, look for transliteration plugins which will strip your headings from these special chars to create a proper slug which can be used normally without any problem (an example - if a post's heading is 'Čeština je jazyk můj', it will strip it to 'cestina-je-jazyk-muj' and so on). I think this might be the case.

For Czechoslovak version, look here http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/cze...ation/633/ and for Romanian version, look here http://get-simple.info/extend/language/r...ation/203/ .
Tomáš Janeček - Multilingual personal website powered by GetSimple
» The little I did for GetSimple
Hi mevsme,
Once your problem was mine too, I am Italian (so I use Latin characters).
So please download and use "News Manager Updated".
I will resolve your poblem. Let me know if you resolved.

http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...1#pid41591

Cheers
My website made with GetSimple CMS is

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

An indipendent website about Italian Contemporary Visual Arts
Oh, I see, thanks, I needed fast some blog-like plugin, so I took NM, first what I've found. Now I see, thanks! I'll check it out!
You're are welcome, if you need more info we are here. Cheers

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

Hi Carlos, I would just like to say that I think this plugin is great and very useful for what I need.

Im not a developer myself and being able to display posts with a certain tag on a specific page would help immensely.

My question is, would it be possible to use the built in search function on NM to automatically search when a page is loaded and display the results?
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...4#pid41554
(2013-12-30, 18:33:15)Carlos Wrote: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...4#pid41554

Thanks heaps! I must have missed that one when I was trawling the pages, most appreciated!
Hey Carlos, it seems people need that "little trick" :-P
it's nice to be "useful" :-P

Btw Feliz Ano Nuevo, hermano!

(2013-12-30, 18:33:15)Carlos Wrote: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...4#pid41554

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

Hi again, I wonder how can I take part in development of NM
I need some aditionfl features like draft post and preview like in WP, where I can chose how many text I want to show in preview
(2014-01-20, 01:10:18)mevsme Wrote: Hi again, I wonder how can I take part in development of NM
I need some aditionfl features like draft post and preview like in WP, where I can chose how many text I want to show in preview

This one is not being updated anymore. You can use the updated one:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=3972

If you want to help develop: https://github.com/cnb/News_Manager-getsimplecms
Feel free to make enhancements to the plugin, you can share them over here.
I'm maintaining my own News Manager clone (before starting it, I posted my suggested changes in this thread, like others). You can post your suggestions in the GitHub repo, or fork it if you wish. If I like your changes I'll probably apply them to my version.

[edit] I hadn't seen datiswous' reply (or I'm too slow typing... :-))
Hi. The installation instructions say: "The original content of this page will be replaced with the posts that you have published". What if I'd like to keep the original page content too? I'd like to introduce the news section; is this possible? Thanks.
Paul
Insert this in your template, before the <?php get_page_content(); ?> line:

PHP Code:
<?php if (strval(get_page_slug(false))==$NMPAGEURLgetPageContent($NMPAGEURL); ?>

That will show the page content in any news page including single posts, archives etc. If you want it to be displayed only in the main news page, use this instead:

PHP Code:
<?php if (strval(get_page_slug(false))==$NMPAGEURL  && !isset($_GET['post']) && !isset($_GET['page']) && !isset($_GET['tag']) && !isset($_GET['archive']) && !isset($_GET['search'])) getPageContent($NMPAGEURL); ?>

(This can be done easier with the beta version, that has new conditional tags.)

Further questions, please to the News Manager (updated) thread (if you're using it - if not, I suggest you to upgrade to 2.4.4).
(2013-08-13, 20:51:46)zhax90 Wrote: Hi,
First of all thank you for news manager Wink great plugin but I wonder is there a possibility to display numbers of pages instead of "older posts", "newer posts" ??

Edit:
...so, I made pages numbering. There are many examples of this feature in web and it can be made in diffrent ways but I decide to do it by my own. It's a bit wordy but I wanted to make as least condition checks as posible. Tell me what you thinking about it and keep in mind I'm not php programmer.

PHP Code:
function nm_show_navigation($index$total) {

$url nm_get_url('page');
  echo 
'<div class="nm_page_nav">';

########

if($index==0){ ## if we're on first page

echo "[1] "## ...and rest of numbers as links

for($num=2;$num<=$total;$num++){ 

?>
      <a href="<?php echo $url.($num-1); ?>">
      <?php echo "[".$num."] "?>
      </a>
      <?php

}else{  
## first page as link

?>
    <a href="<?php echo substr($url0, -6); ?>">
    <?php echo "[1] "?>
    </a>
     <?php ## more!

for($num=2;$num<$index;++$num){ 

?>
      <a href="<?php echo $url.($num); ?>">
      </a>
    <?php

?>
     <?php ## echo current page

echo "[".($index+1)."] ";

?>
     <?php ## if it's NOT last page...

if($index!=$total-1){  

## ...echo rest of pages

for($num=$index+1;$num<=$total;++$num){ 

?>
        <a href="<?php echo $url.($num); ?>">
        </a>
        <?php

}
  }  
}

#######

echo '</div>';

Hello, your code works. Thank you. Only during the transition to page 2 is displayed in the navigation page number twice. For example:
1 2 2 3 4 5
If you turn to page 3, then 4 is shown twice
Could you please help me?
Еhank you
Tongue 
Hola Carlos, hi GetSimplers.
I'm so glad to see that NewsManager - my favorite plugin - is growing up day by day... so here's my humble contribution: A pull-down menu with all the categories, just like WordPress. Enjoy.

PHP Code:
function nm_select_tags() {
echo 
'<form action="" method="post">';
echo 
'<select name="nmTAG" onchange="window.location.href= this.form.nmTAG.options[this.form.nmTAG.selectedIndex].value">';
echo 
'<option value="">Make a choice...</option>';

$tags = array();
  foreach (
nm_get_tags() as $tag=>$posts)
    if (
substr($tag01) != '_')

$tags[$tag] = count($posts);
        foreach (
$tags as $tag=>$count) {

$url nm_get_url('tag') . $tag;

$spaces = array('-','.');    
    echo 
'<option value="'.$url.'">'.str_replace($spaces," ",$tag).'</option>';
    }
    echo 
'</select></form>';    
  } 

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

Dear Carlos. Your plugin is very good, but really want to pagination. Help please do paginated pages: 1 2 3
(2014-06-10, 17:40:09)tapioka Wrote: Dear Carlos. Your plugin is very good, but really want to pagination. Help please do paginated pages: 1 2 3

I already replied in the "new" thread. Thanks for your comment, and for posting your suggestion there.
Hi. When I open a news list page, some random pictures are in error 500.
What can I do?
[Image: a3f3074bfb1868d9855f8ec436f53e3b3165aee4.jpg]

I have stock news manager v3.
@ak40u
I'll reply in the support thread for News Manager 3
Hello! News Manager is cool! Huge thanks for this excellent plugin! I have a problem. I want to use one layout of a template for the news list and different one for a single post. How to do that? My website is based on "Elegance" template. This is the demo page for Elegance with all three layouts shown. Sorry for my english. Blush
(2014-07-19, 00:03:42)c0mp0ser Wrote: Hello! News Manager is cool! Huge thanks for this excellent plugin! I have a problem. I want to use one layout of a template for the news list and different one for a single post. How to do that? My website is based on "Elegance" template. This is the demo page for Elegance with all three layouts shown. Sorry for my english. Blush

You can do that with News Manager (updated) since version 3.0
I'll reply in the proper thread -> http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...9#pid46659
Hi everyone,
maybe I missed the answer, but I would like to ask, if there is a possibility to have news in news manager in many language, because I see in English/German the same text and I don't know how to change it.

In Admin-Page site I can add page in every language, can I do the same in News Manager?

Best wishes!
I really do apologize if this has been answered but how  do I set up the New Manager RSS Settings. Specifically...'Page to display RSS feed.'

Should I create a new page? The select drop-down shows all of my current pages. I do believe I shouldnt use them but was wondering what was the correct setup.

thanks!
Yes, you have to create a page for this. More info in the plugin's thread
(2015-04-28, 03:07:18)Carlos Wrote: Yes, you have to create a page for this. More info in the plugin's thread

Ugh my bad! Carlos I guess i figured it was under this plugin. Many thanks!!!!