Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sponsor Logo plugin
Hi all,

I manage a website for a sports club and they wanted:
  • to show random sponsor logos on the bottom of each page
  • to show a page with all the sponsors
So I created the "Sponsor logo" plugin Big Grin .

I hope it will be useful for somebody.

Any problems/comments can be posted here.

regards,
Ruud
I had to write the code with my hands. Is it possible to add a button to select an image?
http://prntscr.com/hxjcnz
(2018-01-08, 20:38:09)Oleg06 Wrote: I had to write the code with my hands. Is it possible to add a button to select an image?
http://prntscr.com/hxjcnz

Hi Oleg06,

The "Content" field should show the ckeditor, just like when you add a page. I reused some code of another plugin for this (see attachment).

Maybe it doesn't show because your site language is in cyrillic.

Could you check if you see it when you select english as language in your GetSimple settings?

Regards,
Ruud

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes, clean install, no additional plugins editor all works with Cyrillic
http://prntscr.com/hxmtzs
(2018-01-09, 01:53:13)Oleg06 Wrote: Yes, clean install, no additional plugins editor all works with Cyrillic
http://prntscr.com/hxmtzs

So with a clean install it works, but not when you add more plugins?

Oh, and if you would like to translate the plugin Angel : just copy plugins/sponsorlogo/lang/en_US.php to ru_RU.php
It's just a few strings Smile
Released version 1.1

changes:
- Changed how ckeditor is called to edit the sponsor definition.
Yes, now everything works, thanks http://prntscr.com/hxse8l
The name of the sponsor in Cyrillic is not accepted.
It would be nice if some logos could be set on some period time - form date to date.
(2018-01-09, 20:00:03)Oleg06 Wrote: The name of the sponsor in Cyrillic is not accepted.

Hi Oleg06,

I've based this plugin on the calendar plugin. Does this calendar plugin have the same problem with a title in Cyrillic?
(I see that you have an updated version on your russian site. Haven't found the time to see what you've changed)

regards,
Ruud
(2018-01-29, 06:19:08)eRestin Wrote: It would be nice if some logos could be set on some period time - form date to date.

That is do-able, I'll work on it.
Hi, if I get it right any image or content can be displayed in any place of the website, right? So why do you call this nice plugin "Sponsor logo"? It can be used for many different types of content..
(2018-02-03, 16:53:32)0zz Wrote: Hi, if I get it right any image or content can be displayed in any place of the website, right? So why do you call this nice plugin "Sponsor logo"? It can be used for many different types of content..

Maybe because I made it to show sponsor logos? Big Grin

Yes, off course you can use it for different content, but remember that it shows a random pick of your content. And I think you can break your website layout if you make the content too complicated.

But if you know a better catchy name, just let me know Smile
Some feedback:
  • Would be nice if you can just place a code in a page instead of template
  • Status text after saving should not be in red (red is for errors, look how other plugins do it)
  • I think styling should be done in themes css files by default, instead of css files in plugin folder which gets overwritten with every plugin update.
  • Logo's content should not be placed in a table (tables should not be used for layout purposes!)

There's also the random content plugin which has similar usage, but is unsupported.
(2018-02-04, 11:14:47)datiswous Wrote: Some feedback:
  • Would be nice if you can just place a code in a page instead of template
  • Status text after saving should not be in red (red is for errors, look how other plugins do it)
  • I think styling should be done in themes css files by default, instead of css files in plugin folder which gets overwritten with every plugin update.
  • Logo's content should not be placed in a table (tables should not be used for layout purposes!)

There's also the random content plugin which has similar usage, but is unsupported.
Dankjewel voor de feedback.

It's my first try at PHP, so bear with me if it's a bit crude Blush

Thanks for pointing me to the random content plugin, strange that I didn't find it when I was searching.
Can't make it work out
(2018-03-08, 06:43:03)krlllo Wrote: Can't make it work out

Without telling the problem I can't help
This plugin is really great for showing random sponsor logos on a page.
I just created a German language file, you might integrate it in the official plugin-package with the next update.
It would also be great if you could make the sponsor list and sponsor page more responsive and center all the sponsor logos.

Attached Files
.php   de-DE.php (Size: 1.67 KB / Downloads: 3)