Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Content types
Hello,

Is there a way using custom content types (similar like custom post types in Wordpress)? with related fields?

Some examples:
- contenttype: 'events' has fields: title, date
- contenttype: 'blogposts' has fields: title, date, author
- contenttype: 'products' had fields: productname, description, price

Is this possible with GetSimple?
(2018-12-23, 11:35:33)tuxy Wrote: Hello,

Is there a way using custom content types (similar like custom post types in Wordpress)? with related fields?

Some examples:
- contenttype: 'events' has fields: title, date
- contenttype: 'blogposts' has fields: title, date, author
- contenttype: 'products' had fields: productname, description, price

Is this possible with GetSimple?
You can create any fields with plugin I18N Special pages.
Hi @Oleg06,

Yes, thats it!!
Several years building websites with Wordpress, but it WP feels 'bloated' for simple websites.
At the moment testing a lot of smaller CMS'en and the only with a lot of flexibility for a frontend dev, my opinion is PicoCMS.
You can building a lot of 'things' with a few simple steps (content types, slideshows, and other components) with the combination of Markdown and twig. A disadvatage is there is no visual backend, so not easy for clients.

I will give GS (again) a try, i love the simplicity, but i don't know is it also fast building without plugins.
I big PRO with GS, is the active community and see there sometimes new releases, so i think GS is future-proof.
Searching for a CMS that is simple, very flexible as possible, and ease to build your own slideshows, contenttypes,...
Plugins gives a lot of poissibliities, but the other way, if a plugin is not update several years? Thats a disatvantage with most CMS'en.
Thats the reason at this moment PicoCMS is my best option for me personally.
Okay, so i will try again GS, it has a backend and some nice options and simply empliment your own 'static' html template.
(sorry about my poor english, i'm a dutch guy)