Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiki anybody?
Hi,

I have been hoping that the wiki (as used in the docs section) would become a feature of getsimple since I already use DokuWiki in my own web site (unfortunately, it is not under the getsimple CMS).

When I asked last a couple years ago, I got the feeling it was wayyyy back on the back burner, behind the things that are just simply on the back burner.... Is there any hope of this feature being implemented?

Thanks in advance,

Didier
Hi Didier,

Have you seen this: https://www.dokuwiki.org/dokuwiki
It is self hosted and opensource, so it would be possible
to make a plugin for it. Or setup a page in GS as a front
or bootstrap for the dokuwiki.
Hi Felix,

I already use Dokuwiki on my site, but it is not integrated with GetSimple (see here). Since Shawn uses dokuwiki for the docs pages on the GS web site, I was hoping that one day it would be officially supported and integrated.
I do not intend to port it myself, the learning curve for me is too steep.
Otherwise, Dokuwiki is probably one that would be easiest to integrate, and it does not require MySQL or anything other than php.
(2019-02-16, 07:20:59)Didier9 Wrote: Hi Felix,

I already use Dokuwiki on my site, but it is not integrated with GetSimple (see here). Since Shawn uses dokuwiki for the docs pages on the GS web site, I was hoping that one day it would be officially supported and integrated.
I do not intend to port it myself, the learning curve for me is too steep.
Otherwise, Dokuwiki is probably one that would be easiest to integrate, and it does not require MySQL or anything other than php.

I had a standalone guestbook once hosted on the same server as my website. I created a page in my website with the same header and footer as all the other pages. Then between the header and the footer I linked with a simple iframe to the homepage of the guestbook. This way I integrated this guestbook with my website.

I think the same way is possible to integrate the homepage of dokuwiki with your website with an iframe.
If you don't like iframes I think you can also use php include.
(2019-02-16, 07:20:59)Didier9 Wrote: Since Shawn uses dokuwiki for the docs pages on the GS web site, I was hoping that one day it would be officially supported and integrated.

As far as I understood, get-simple.info is not at all based on GetSimple CMS. So the whole Dokuwiki integration also has no connection to GS at all, so there's no indication anything is being done in that direction.
Most of it is custom or just frames, there is no integration
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix