Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.04 Beta Ready for Testing
http://cms.gs/3

Ok, so this is probably early, but its best to get this out now so some people can help test the changes. This version adds no new features yet, but attempts to clean the code up a whole lot. Some major cleanups were: language file function, using absolute paths instead of relative paths, gpc_magic_quotes bug fixes,

Changelog: http://get-simple.info/start/changelog

Any problems, please post here. Thanks!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Any chance to post a patch 2.03->2.04 beside full installer?
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
Upgrading should be the same as with 2.01:
Upload everything in the zipfile except for "theme", "backups" and "data" folders.
http://get-simple.info/docs/installation

(Anyway, it's always a good idea to make a full backup beforewards, if it's not a test site...)
You know it isn't that simple when it goes to upgrade files with manually edited code Wink
Let's not forget when there are custom rewrite rules in certain directories.
Should any of your manually edited code be considered for the core? If it optimizes or helps GS out, i would be happy to take a look at it.

Also, i've updated the link above to the latest revision. It's lookin' good!
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Hi Chris,

One small bug: once i saved settings in Settings page, the Email Address field returns me email without @example.com
Hi Chris,
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '(' in /var/www/web.mywebsite.com/admin/logout.php on line 22

using Nginx and r226, all is ok, but i get that error whenever i click LOGOUT
Can you check what’s on line 22 on your server? I don’t see anything wrong with it in the latest dev version.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Are there any new variables to translate in language file ?
I'm thinking about using latest GS 2.04 for building a "small" site if there won't be any errors.
Zegnåt Wrote:Can you check what’s on line 22 on your server? I don’t see anything wrong with it in the latest dev version.

it's a different version : http://pastebin.com/Sc7vH59e

got it yesterday about noon
wget http://get-simple-cms.googlecode.com/fil...e_r226.zip
Change
Code:
i18n)(
to
Code:
i18n(

Apparently that’s a typo in r226.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
yeah, that was reported over on Google code, and i believe i fixed it already. Not bad that i only made two mistypes switching over the whole core to the new i18n function...
- Chris

Thanks, i see it's fixed in r227. By the way, i did a few tests and i was curious about how well gs performs in a low resources environment. It was really fast, so i tried to setup it on a really cheap 64MB ram VPS. Created a few additional pages (i think menu generation is intensive) and added a few images to the homepage. Installed a few getsimple test sites (you can run many getsimple sites on such a low resources system) and run loadimpact.com tests.

nice results:
http://i54.tinypic.com/x2rn6w.jpg
even on a very low end box GetSiple is fast, without slowing even with 50 clients connecting !
marrco, how about running the same test with erka’s cached navigation plugin installed? I’m really interested in the difference it makes. (Note, you will have to visit all pages ones before to make sure the menu is cached!)
Just started testing latest SVN version r232. Currently using older version of PHP - 5.1.6, but looks like it is working (except one false error message after installation about not being able to write configuration).
install.php and health-check.php has some not internationalised strings (Folder Permissions, cURL Module, GD Library, ZipArchive, SimpleXML Module, Default Timezone Function, Apache Mod Rewrite). Also it would be nice to be able to specify the location of number variable in "TOTAL" strings (e.g. "1 total pages").
Are there any plans to use AJAX based file uploader? Uploadify takes up quite a bit of space, maybe at least "com" directory could be removed?
Joshas Wrote:Currently using older version of PHP - 5.1.6, but looks like it is working (except one false error message after installation about not being able to write configuration).
Any ideas as to why it turns our wrong? What test exactly went wrong? Does it show anything when you have debug mode enabled? (You can enable debug mode even before running the installation to show errors during installation.)

We are not going to officially support older versions of PHP, but we need to make sure this false positive isn’t going to happen on newer systems. And if we can fix the message for you in the progress that would be even better.

Joshas Wrote:Are there any plans to use AJAX based file uploader? Uploadify takes up quite a bit of space, maybe at least "com" directory could be removed?
I don’t really know how we settled on Uploadify, it just happened. If you have ideas for lighter systems we would love to hear about them. Uploadify has been the source to many problems before so if we can get anything that can compare to it we will consider switching over.
Setting in gsconfig:
Quote:# Change the administrative panel folder name
define('GSADMIN', 'panel');
leads to:
Quote:Warning: include(panel/inc/common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no such file or directory in /public_html/index.php on line 28

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'panel/inc/common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /public_html/index.php on line 28

Fatal error: Call to undefined function lowercase() in /public_html/index.php on line 34

Tried to set a hard link to common php in line 28, but the page stopped rendering at IE 6 exception script

about uploaders, there are some ajax based ones.
Last script I remember trying was http://valums.com/ajax-upload/
What about ckfinder ?
Did you actually rename the admin folder to panel?

Also, the path you configure there might have to be an absolute server path. You are specifying a relative path (relative to the index.php) and that will not function correctly. (Don’t take that as the truth, I haven’t looked into that setting yet. I’m behind on GetSimple work at the moment.)
Zegnåt Wrote:Did you actually rename the admin folder to panel?

Also, the path you configure there might have to be an absolute server path. You are specifying a relative path (relative to the index.php) and that will not function correctly. (Don’t take that as the truth, I haven’t looked into that setting yet. I’m behind on GetSimple work at the moment.)

Seems that changing admin directory to panel solved the problem (no need to use absolute path). Thanks for such simple hint Wink
I'm not sure why did I think it somehow proxies the data, or uses a virtual directory.
Would be good to inform users in gsconfig that they should change admin's directory name to the one they set in config.

btw. I confirm marrco's problem during logout
Quote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '(' in /public_html/panel/logout.php on line 22
line 22 in GS 2.04:
Code:
<?php get_template('header', cl($SITENAME).' &raquo; '.i18n)('LOGGED_OUT')); ?>

After I get the error, and use history_back, I'm still logged in.
I'll try to see if debug mode shreds some light, but have to sleep a little bit.

edit: no even 1 byte of error data appeared;errorlog.txt hasn't even been created :/
yojoe Wrote:I confirm marrco’s problem during logout
Yes, I confirmed it too. I also posted the fix earlier in this topic. It has been fixed in the latest SVN.

yojoe Wrote:After I get the error, and use history_back, I'm still logged in.
You’re not actually logged in. But when you use the back function of your browser it will load the previous page from cache. In the locally cached copy you are still logged in, on the server you are no longer logged in.

You can test this by trying to browsing to any page within the admin or trying to change any setting. Nothing will happen. You have been logged out.
As I mentioned earlier, this CMS makes my life difficult :/
After fix (I wonder again why haven't see it) it works fine.
But as it goes about going back to earlier page, I was still logged in, and was able to browse in admin panel - I wasn't logged out.
Zegnåt Wrote:how about running the same test with erka’s cached navigation plugin installed? I’m really interested in the difference it makes.
Run the test, no difference, same speed with 50 concurrent users, faster with 10, a little slower with 20, 30 and 40, but all in a 5% range. I'll have to prepare a different setup with more pages.

Problem is that GS is too fast even under a load test (50 users cause less than a 10% slowdown) on a really low end vps. 64MB ram, installed php, nginx, exim4, still have enough free ram to run 4 different GS websites under heavy load without slowing down. And i bet i can easily setup 20 or 30 sites without exhausting my resources.
Zegnåt Wrote:I don’t really know how we settled on Uploadify, it just happened. If you have ideas for lighter systems we would love to hear about them. Uploadify has been the source to many problems before so if we can get anything that can compare to it we will consider switching over.
I've used Ajax upload (http://valums.com/ajax-upload/) in one project, it works good for small file uploads (e.g. pictures). Flash is not required, drag and drop support included and works on most browsers.
No matter what I write in functions.php, its content isn't being parsed, but added as a plain text at the top of the template file.
Is it happening only for me ?
Did you start functions.php with <?php and end it with ?> ?