Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grid Me (content grid manager)
This plugin add grid options for your contentSmile This is still early version, but you can now use this for your project.

How is works?
Install plugin turn on plugin go to your page edit content at sidebar you see new options 'show grid' and 'add grid'
1.show grid = style your content just like you created previously with use gridme 2.add grid = choose your own grid , you can use more than oneSmile close window and edit.

[Image: gridme1.jpg]

Hi, I did not test it yet (my psu died, so I don't have time) but saw this code in the top of gridme.php :
PHP Code:
/*
Plugin Name: Hello World
Description: Echos "Hello World" in footer of theme
Version: 1.0
Author: Chris Cagle
Author URI: http://www.cagintranet.com/
*/ 
Probably something to remove in next version.
(2019-06-27, 01:26:20)datiswous Wrote: Hi, I did not test it yet (my psu died, so I don't have time) but saw this code in the top of gridme.php :
PHP Code:
/*
Plugin Name: Hello World
Description: Echos "Hello World" in footer of theme
Version: 1.0
Author: Chris Cagle
Author URI: http://www.cagintranet.com/
*/ 
Probably something to remove in next version.

Smile thx, this is still there because i always create plugins from template in docsSmile
Hello, the plugin works well. Now that I look at this I could maybe have come up with a similar solution using gs-shortcodes

Idea: Themes often have grid classes inside them. You could add a config option to set the default classes applied.
(not sure if this would work well, since the way grids work can be very different depending on the grid system)
Hi

I installed a new GS version 3.3.15 and tried the plugin several times.
When I go to the Tab Pages and select a Page to edit the button ADD GRID is there on the right side.
However when I click on ADD GRID nothing shows up.

Do I have to edit something in config.js inside the ckeditor folder
to make it work ?
(2019-07-05, 23:27:19)Felix Wrote: Hi

I installed a new GS version 3.3.15 and tried the plugin several times.
When I go to the Tab Pages  and select a Page to edit the button ADD GRID is there on the right side.
However when I click on ADD GRID nothing shows up.

Do I have to edit something in config.js inside the ckeditor folder
to make it work ?

No,

if your theme use editor.css  this plugin doen't work fine. Maybe your web browser blocks jquery, maybe conflict with another plugin? I don't know what wrong with this, but send me message on PM, maybe together we find solution. Please check console  on webdev tools , this can help us.
(2019-07-05, 22:25:53)datiswous Wrote: Hello, the plugin works well. Now that I look at this I could maybe have come up with a similar solution using gs-shortcodes

Idea: Themes often have grid classes inside them. You could add a config option to set the default classes applied.
(not sure if this would work well, since the way grids work can be very different depending on the grid system)

ThanksSmile

About your idea, you mean add compatibility for bootstrap, uikit and another framework? This plugin is not hard for upgradeSmile Uses .append function from jquery, so create own settings or another version is not hard to do. Maybe "grid me (bootstrap version), grid me (ui kit version).. is good idea?
Hi,
thanks for your reply.

I use a new installation of GS 3.3.15 with only the Cardinal and Innovation themes that come included.
I also deactivated all plugins, except the gridme plugin. The console in webdev tools doesn't show
anything relevant. It is really strange what is going in my setup. I will try to install a new GS
online on a hoster and see what happens there. Or maybe you can zip an Installed GS with the gridme
plugin included and attach it here ? So I can unzip on my laptop and try your setup.
(2019-07-06, 00:27:28)Felix Wrote: Hi,
thanks for your reply.

I use a new installation of GS 3.3.15 with only the Cardinal and Innovation themes that come included.
I also deactivated all plugins, except the gridme plugin. The console in webdev tools doesn't show
anything relevant. It is really strange what is going in my setup. I will try to install a new GS
online on a hoster and see what happens there. Or maybe you can zip an Installed GS with the gridme
plugin included and attach it here ? So I can unzip on my laptop and try your setup.

Have you tried it in a private (incognito) window? Sometimes an extension is blocking something.
(2019-07-06, 00:16:23)multicolor Wrote: About your idea, you mean add compatibility for bootstrap, uikit and another framework? This plugin is not hard for upgradeSmile Uses .append function from jquery, so create own settings or another version is not hard to do. Maybe "grid me (bootstrap version), grid me (ui kit version).. is good idea?

You could also do that..
I think the way the grid is created is very user friendly, but if people have a theme (or framework) with included grid functionality, it would be better to use that instead of injecting the plugins css in frontend. But yeah, I can always just edit the script.js file to change the classes and then remove
PHP Code:
queue_style'gridme_bs_style' GSFRONT ) ; 
from gridme.php (at least I think it works like that), but nicer if there's a setting for that.
(2019-07-06, 03:05:57)datiswous Wrote:
(2019-07-06, 00:16:23)multicolor Wrote: About your idea, you mean add compatibility for bootstrap, uikit and another framework? This plugin is not hard for upgradeSmile Uses .append function from jquery, so create own settings or another version is not hard to do. Maybe "grid me (bootstrap version), grid me (ui kit version).. is good idea?

You could also do that..
I think the way the grid is created is very user friendly, but if people have a theme (or framework) with included grid functionality, it would be better to use that instead of injecting the plugins css in frontend. But yeah, I can always just edit the script.js file to change the classes and then remove
PHP Code:
queue_style'gridme_bs_style' GSFRONT ) ; 
from gridme.php (at least I think it works like that), but nicer if there's a setting for that.

I wanna add more options grid then now, when i end of this i add settings what grid framework user want useSmile This is great idea. But now is early plugin, but still have idea what i can upgrade.
1.2 now you can download!
added new options " grid with images".
better code on script.js
(2019-07-06, 00:27:28)Felix Wrote: Hi,
thanks for your reply.

Maybe 1.2 may now work. Check this, and tell me Smile
Quote:Maybe 1.2 may now work. Check this, and tell me

Hi,
I send you a PM about it
(2019-07-06, 09:23:54)Felix Wrote:
Quote:Maybe 1.2 may now work. Check this, and tell me

Hi,
I send you a PM about it

Just like i talk, plugin on your website working good on my pc, clear cache or change/ update web browser.
Hi,

I finally found the problem why the plugin was not working for me.
The problem was my Firefox browser version 60.0.1

I switched to FireFox version 67.0.4 and now the plugin is working ok.
All good now.
Make a pure bootstrap version too ;D.
(2019-07-09, 18:05:00)Riianna Wrote: Make a pure bootstrap version too ;D.

Hi!
Work in progressSmile
(2019-07-09, 18:05:00)Riianna Wrote: Make a pure bootstrap version too ;D.

Take this!

http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/gri...ap-4/1219/
Hi multicolor,

I just tried the new plugin gridmebs4.
The breakpoints don't seem to work because the columns are always stacked
in all screen resolutions.

Then I tried again the previous plugin gridme version 1.2 and there the breakpoints
are working correctly.
(2019-07-19, 08:28:37)Felix Wrote: Hi multicolor,

I just tried the new plugin gridmebs4.
The breakpoints don't seem to work because the columns are always stacked
in all screen resolutions.

Then I tried again the previous plugin gridme version 1.2 and there the breakpoints
are working correctly.

Ok,

1. Did you use bootstrap css on your theme ? ( this gridbs4 is only for people who used theme based on bs4, bootstrap.css is not included on theme header.)

2. Did you wanna breakpoint on ckeditor with mobile ?
Do either version of this plugin work with Bootstrap 3 ?
(2019-08-01, 17:13:41)davetest Wrote: Do either version of this plugin work with Bootstrap 3 ?

Ok, why not. This is not much work with this. :Smile I create this on next week.
Maybe you will do for UIkit? This framework is much better than bootstrap. Smile https://getuikit.com/docs/grid
(2019-08-03, 16:51:01)Oleg06 Wrote: Maybe you will do for UIkit? This framework is much better than bootstrap. Smile https://getuikit.com/docs/grid

Maybe, i must study docs grid first. UIKIT is so diferent from bootstrap.