Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CKEditor?
Has anyone used CKEditor? It looks promising, and as a plus... browses files from the server it is installed at... huge plus as I see it. looks like it has pretty good multi-lingual support too. What does everyone think?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
reminds me fckeditor but more pleasant look plus customizable multilingual...why not? Smile
yeah used it before, prefer it to tinyMce which I never liked.

When looking for textile/markdown integration you might take a look at MarkItUp
http://markitup.jaysalvat.com/home/

Mike.
My Github Repos: Github
CKEditor will be the real choice!!
(this editor is the 3.0 version of FCKEditor, all code have been rewritten and reviewed, the new API is just amazing).

I could help on integration, but how to do that ? I don't understand how someone could contribute to your/our community ?
I could also translate GetSimple to Arabic and French, Make Great CSS tempaltes (XHTML 1.0 Strict or Transitional), code for GetSimple.

Bye.
Sharing is human real nature...
Looks like everyone is for CKEEditor... i am thinking the same thing.

@superyms: thanks for the offer of support. Right now things are kind of disorganized in terms of how to offer contributions email me and we can talk further. Thanks!
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I also throw my hat in for CKEditor
------
I can't design for shit but I can code the shit out of your design
hi everybody,

i also favourite ckeditor as editor for get-simple! - so on boys/n girls - great work.

cu - alex
Great other then it costs $1480 for it to be an integrated feature!
Nothing is too difficult... anything is possible.
'But you tried, and you failed.. the important thing? never try'
i would think GS would classify to use the Open Source License: http://ckeditor.com/license
- Chris

Chris,
good idea to implement the ckeditor.
user of a simple cms prefer a simple editor (browsing for pics, easy upload e.g.) Smile

have you any plans when you replace the tinymce?

keep on the good work, very promising your cms.
cheers
walter
I quite like that... its like the web2.0 update of fckeditor... would be nice to be in the next version Smile
looks really good id say go for it too
i am almost finished integrating CKEditor into the site... here is the screenshot of the new CKE skin.
- Chris

Any way you could organize the components like you do pages. Or have an option to assign them to groups? Last thing would be to have the CKeditor for each component so that someone who is not web savvy could upload an image or update a component block of text. Thanks so much for your time on this project. Its really coming together.
ccagle8 Wrote:i am almost finished integrating CKEditor into the site... here is the screenshot of the new CKE skin.
I like it, but what happened to the format toolbar?I thought was good for clients who didnt want to switch to code view to add Headline tags etc.
Please add Format and Style.
Nice Chris. Any idea of when your next release will be?
Jeff, I'm gunning for by the end of the year, but the holidays might make it get pushed back a little further. There are a lot of feature requests /updates in this release... i think people will be really happy. I should be able to put out a beta version soon.

Sanddorn - good point. Those have been added
- Chris