Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Image attachment in the editor
I do not see an image attachment option (upload image from my computer) in the Page Editing Mode. The only way is to type in the image URL.

Is it problematic/difficult to integrate another editor in GS? For example CKEditor.
Hmm.... what if GS utilizes CKedit since I remember ? :]

I told you, try another browser, and compare the misery of IE to modern browsers.
If something doesn't work in IE, but works as supposed in FX/O/S/C brwosers, then guess which browser isn't working ?

ps. never say that an app isn't working as supposed, until you try it out in different (clean) environment.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe, I have IE8. This is a browser mostly used by my clients. I care about my clients Smile
They do not care about browsers incompatibility and so called "(clean) environment" Smile
But thank you for help!

BTW, CKedit is working fine on my computer. I use another CMS which have CKedit and it working well.
arthur_a_keen Wrote:I do not see an image attachment option (upload image from my computer) in the Page Editing Mode. The only way is to type in the image URL.

GetSimple doesn't have a "Browse server" option in the image insert. You need a patch or plugin for that.

Plugin:

KCFinder for GetSimple
http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/870/k...simple-2x/

Hacks:

Vudu-manager
http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/787/h...e-manager/

Admin Page Edit Dialog box enhancement
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/adm...cement/28/

There may be some other...
Carlos, thank you.
I need a "Browse computer" not "Browse server" Smile
Yes, I have installed KCFinder File Manager plugin but it has not a dialog box "Browse computer", it has "Browse server".
Vudu file manager has that option. It's an old hack for GS 2.01, but seems to work fine in 2.03 and is easier to install:

- copy vudu_filemanager.php to your admin folder.

- edit gsconfig.php, find this line:

Code:
# WYSIWYG Editor Options
#define('GSEDITOROPTIONS', '');

Replace by, or add this:
Code:
define('GSEDITOROPTIONS', "filebrowserBrowseUrl : 'vudu_filemanager.php'");

(If you already had other editor options, you'll have to add this separated by a comma.)

With this hack the Browse server opens a popup window where you can select an uploaded image, but also lets you upload from your computer.
I have done everything in accordance with your instructions (how it seems to me) but still it does not work. Here is a pic attached. Only Browse Server option.
You must remove the KCFinder plugin to use other file manager.
Carlos Wrote:You must remove the KCFinder plugin to use other file manager.

I have removed KCFinder plugin. But now it looks like it was before.
BTW, I've just tested KCfinder plugin, and it does have a "browse computer" option: Upload button.
Smile
So, what a to do Smile