Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching the page to another template/theme
Hello!

May be anyone can advice me how to switch exact page to another template/theme?
I do not see any other options in the menu (pls see the pic attached here).

Thank you Smile
Arthur
You cannot switch individual pages to another theme, but you can create variations or completely different designs and place them in the theme directory.

The default file "template.php" is your main theme file.

Any other ".php" created in the directory are read in to the drop down and can be used as a template for your page.

Usually I would have 2 or 3 different files in the directory, one normal template file that covers everything, a "contact.php" for the contact page which has the forms build in, and another design which may include extra columns or a different layout.

Mike...
My Github Repos: Github
Mike, now everything is clear for me. Thank you very much! Smile
Mike: what solution would be better (faster?), assuming that 50 people were browsing the website at the same time:
2 theme files for normal and certain pages or 1 theme file with php conditional statements to show content on certain pages, based on page-slug ?
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:What solution would be better (faster?), assuming that 50 people were browsing the website at the same time: 2 theme files for normal and certain pages or 1 theme file with php conditional statements to show content on certain pages?

I’m guessing having 2 template files in your theme is faster.

GetSimple reads what template file should be used for a page, checks if it exists and includes it. If you go with conditional statements inside a template file it will still check what file should be used from the XML data, include it, and then it will need to compute what file to include inside your template file. So that adds an extra action.

Don’t think it will give you any noticeable speed difference though. Not even with 50 users simultaneously.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!