Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cartocopia - My Fantasy Mapping Portfolio
I've put in enough content that I'm prepared to "open" the site.

http://www.cartocopia.com/

This is using a custom theme using the basic footer/header model.

I wanted a reasonably accessible site that didn't use flash, and java-script that would degrade gracefully without it.

Each map page is a child of the main portfolio page.

To simplify my life, each map uses the following naming:
<slug>cover.jpg - shows up on the portfolio page.
<slug>full.jpg - is the full size image on each map page.
<slug>detailx.jpg (where x starts at 1 and goes up) - the detail images.

I have created three custom templates:
- The front page template contains javascript for creating the slideshow from a list of images.
- A portfolio template that creates the graphical list of all child pages.
- A map page template that fills in the images aound the text.

So all I do to add a map is create it with the body text, and upload images using the correct file naming scheme. Also, even though I don't display the maps in the menu, I can use the menu position field to select the order for the maps to be displayed.

It is using the contact plugin and my SimpleCache plugin (because of the large amount of template generated page content).

-Rob A>
I like it, but I kind of expected the homepage have some sort of function instead of just walking through 5 images. Made me feel a little lost at first.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Zegnåt Wrote:I like it, but I kind of expected the homepage have some sort of function instead of just walking through 5 images. Made me feel a little lost at first.

Thanks for the feedback. I've currently set it up to link tot he main gallery page, but I think I'll add a couple of < and > to let you flip through he slideshow manually, as well.

-Rob A>