Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.htaccess? issue.
I have just moved a site to a new hosting company.

I followed http://get-simple.info/docs/migrating-server/

Once the site was moved none of the links were working.
Read what I could find in the forums. Seems it was a .htaccess issue.
I added a htacces to ? root for the site and now the site links work.

But I cannot create new pages.
Error = Error: The requested page does not exist
And the contact form is not working.....?
Maybe two separate issues?

This is the .htacces I have. There is also a temp.htaccess in thye same folder. I renamed that file and still have the same issues.

Any ideas please?

current .htaccess file

AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
RewriteEngine on

RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [L]

Might be a file permission issue?

Have you done a website health check?

Did you (or can you) do a fresh GS install (e.g. in another directory) in your new host, to check whether you have the same problems?
There are errors...

../data/other/logs/404monitoring.log.xml XML Invalid - Error!

../data/pages/ Missing file - Warning
../data/other/ Missing file - Warning
../data/other/logs/ Missing file - Warning
I have aback up of the site from before the site was moved.
I have just tried to FTP that into the zip backup folder. But the backup does not show up.

If I try to create a new archive there is an error.
We ll first there was an error and now it says that there is an archive from
Jan 1, 1970

:-(
Just to add to it, internet was down...

Have just tried a reinstall.

Still have the same result with a reinstall.

Any ideas?
Are your page files showing up when you look at the /data/pages/ folder though your FTP?
Does the GetSimple back-end show the pages?
Are there any PHP errors showing in debug mode?
Is the website’s base URL configured correctly after the move? (See the settings page.)
Is GetSimple installed in a subdirectory instead of on the domain root? (This requires a change of the .htaccess.)
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Yes.
Yes. But. Cannot edit pages.

Base URL looks fine. But cannot be edited.
GS is in the www. folder

Debug provides
Warning: unlink(/www/doc/www.vlastina.cz/www/admin/setup.php) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in /www/doc/www.vlastina.cz/www/admin/inc/common.php on line 147

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/doc/www.vlastina.cz/www/admin/inc/common.php:147) in /www/doc/www.vlastina.cz/www/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 26
This seems like a CHMOD problem. GetSimple doesn’t have the right to edit any of the files on the server. The unlink() warning is telling you GetSimple is trying to remove the installation files but isn’t allowed to remove setup.php.

If this new server users a different identifier as the last it could be you will need to change the owner (chown) of the data files to reflect this change or you will need to grant more access rights to the files—possible CHMOD 777.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
File permissions seem to be set at a default 755

Have all the files in data set at 777

With debug on
Warning: unlink(/www/doc/www.vlastina.cz/www/admin/setup.php) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in /www/doc/www.vlastina.cz/www/admin/inc/common.php on line 147

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/doc/www.vlastina.cz/www/admin/inc/common.php:147) in /www/doc/www.vlastina.cz/www/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 26

With debug on cannot edit pages but can create pages.

But with debug off can create and edit pages....
I’m guessing you haven’t CHMOD’ed setup.php to 777, so it still can’t remove that. That’s normal. Just remove the setup and install files through your FTP and it’ll be fine.

I don’t know where the headers error is coming from, just ignore it if it doesn’t break anything. Turn off debug mode and enjoy GetSimple would be my advice.
Thank you for you time and help.

Will call it a day and look at the thing tomorrow.
When trying backup/archive
There is.
Could not open file for writing!

And cannot create site map.....

As long as th site looks OK at the front.
:-(