Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Client Files Plugin
RobA Wrote:
GetSimple2011 Wrote:Oke i made some other test! i uploaden a image with a file size 1.9mb and it was oke, after that i uploaden a file 2.1mb and there is my problem. I can not upload files bigger than 2mb.

Can i change this somewhere in GetSimple? i think that there is a limit of the 2mb but i can not find where it is.

I'm guessing it is a php limit, or a limit of your web host.

regarding links, why wouldn't you just send them a link by email? (sorry, just am not sure what your use model is).

-Rob A>

If i would be used for more than 60 people than i have to send 60 mails. And if i can place them in the client files than the could take a look for them self.
How would this work:

I've modified the code in my test site to work like this:

When logged in, the plugin checks for a page with the slug "clientpage_<client name>" and if it exists, displays the content for that page before the file list.

I've created a page (using the normal page manager) with the slug "clientpage_test" which matches up with the ClientFile named "test". In the page options I've set it to "private" so it can't be viewed in the front end at all.

Try it at at my testsite: http://testbed.cartocopia.com/clientarea/

(I have created a page for "test" only, so logging in a test2 displays nothing as the page file doesn't exist)

I can make this "official" and update extend if this would be worthwhile.

To try it yourself find this:
Code:
//
      // display list of client files
      //

around line 500 and insert this above it:

Code:
//
      // display client page if it exists - slug is "clientpage_<client name>"
      //
      $userpage_file = GSDATAPAGESPATH . "clientpage_" . $client . ".xml";
      if ( file_exists($userpage_file) )
      {
        $userpage_data = getXML($userpage_file);        
        $clientfiles_content .= stripslashes( html_entity_decode($userpage_data->content, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') );
      }

-Rob A>
I am not accustomed with forums and my english is so so BUT I want to say thanks a lot to 'conceptor' of ClientFiles. It is a very nice plugin and very fonctional on my pages. I learned that actually the max uploaded file is about 2m. Thanks, Lisette, Montreal
lisette Wrote:I learned that actually the max uploaded file is about 2m. Thanks, Lisette, Montreal
Actually max size of file upload is not determined by GS by any means.
It's up to php configuration set by your hosting provider, or your own php settings changed in your hosting's customer account.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
RobA Wrote:How would this work:

I've modified the code in my test site to work like this:

When logged in, the plugin checks for a page with the slug "clientpage_<client name>" and if it exists, displays the content for that page before the file list.

I've created a page (using the normal page manager) with the slug "clientpage_test" which matches up with the ClientFile named "test". In the page options I've set it to "private" so it can't be viewed in the front end at all.

Try it at at my testsite: http://testbed.cartocopia.com/clientarea/

(I have created a page for "test" only, so logging in a test2 displays nothing as the page file doesn't exist)

I can make this "official" and update extend if this would be worthwhile.

To try it yourself find this:
Code:
//
      // display list of client files
      //

around line 500 and insert this above it:

Code:
//
      // display client page if it exists - slug is "clientpage_<client name>"
      //
      $userpage_file = GSDATAPAGESPATH . "clientpage_" . $client . ".xml";
      if ( file_exists($userpage_file) )
      {
        $userpage_data = getXML($userpage_file);        
        $clientfiles_content .= stripslashes( html_entity_decode($userpage_data->content, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') );
      }

-Rob A>

@RobA: Thx, for the excellent plugin. Changed the code to show personal client page, but it's not working for me.
My client login name is 'Klant' (Dutch for Customer) but slug of client page is automatically saved to "clientpage_klant". Can that be the problem?

I also want that the customer can add files himself, what are your thoughts (security / other ?) about that?
Rene Wrote:@RobA: Thx, for the excellent plugin. Changed the code to show personal client page, but it's not working for me.
My client login name is 'Klant' (Dutch for Customer) but slug of client page is automatically saved to "clientpage_klant". Can that be the problem?

I also want that the customer can add files himself, what are your thoughts (security / other ?) about that?

If you used the modified code provided, it dues prefix with 'clientpage_'.

So make the slug of a page 'clientpage_klant' and make it private (so it can not be browsed to) and the plugin will automatically include its contents when they login. I tend to make them a subpage of the main clientpage as well, just to keep it organized, but that is not necessary.

Regarding allowing client uploads, there is a security risk, which is why I did not include such a function, but a few people have asked for it, so I might reconsider in a future version...

-Rob A>
Thx RobA, got the personal clientpage working now Wink

Got several remarks though ...

After typing (Slug/URL) 'clientpage_klant' the following options of the Edit Page are become hiddden
- dropdown 'Parent Page'
- dropdown 'Templates'
- checkbox 'Keep Page Private?'
So it's become very hard trying to edit this page(s).

And having installed I18N plugins, clientpage (clientpage_klant) is suddenly seen as an extra language 'klant' ...
[Image: clientfile.jpg]
Thanks for this great plugin Rob!

Just a quick question, any idea how I can get the plugin working inside a component?

I'd love to add the Client Login to my header / footer and it reload to the correct page slug / directory for a client.

This would make it ever so nicer for customers to login.

Keep up the good work!
Rene Wrote:Thx RobA, got the personal clientpage working now Wink

Got several remarks though ...

After typing (Slug/URL) 'clientpage_klant' the following options of the Edit Page are become hiddden
- dropdown 'Parent Page'
- dropdown 'Templates'
- checkbox 'Keep Page Private?'
So it's become very hard trying to edit this page(s).
I don't get that behaviour. What other plugins do you have? There must be a conflict (see below...)
Quote:And having installed I18N plugins, clientpage (clientpage_klant) is suddenly seen as an extra language 'klant' ...
[Image: clientfile.jpg]

I've never used the i18n plugin. I'm assuming it uses undescores to "seperate" language version of the pages. It may also be what is hiding the options. If so, this is a custom use of specific page slug patterns that I can't do much about...

In the code you can change the "clientfile_" prefix to anything (or even nothing "") and then change your slug name appropriately. I might make this an options and rollout a new version (say a prefix/suffix selector and a text field to specify it).

-Rob A>
Regravity Wrote:Thanks for this great plugin Rob!

Just a quick question, any idea how I can get the plugin working inside a component?

I'd love to add the Client Login to my header / footer and it reload to the correct page slug / directory for a client.

Keep up the good work!

So.... You would like to see a login dialog that can be put in a component? To generate the login form?

-Rob A>
RobA Wrote:

Keep up the good work!

So.... You would like to see a login dialog that can be put in a component? To generate the login form?

-Rob A>

Absolutely, I'd love to be able to embed the login form via component for sidebar or header / footer login.
Regravity Wrote:
RobA Wrote:

Keep up the good work!

-Rob A>

Absolutely, I'd love to be able to embed the login form via component for sidebar or header / footer login.

*BUMP*
Regravity Wrote:
Regravity Wrote:
RobA Wrote:So.... You would like to see a login dialog that can be put in a component? To generate the login form?

-Rob A>

*BUMP*

I tried and can not get it to work reliability, because the submit form needs to know the target where the client page is located. You can just write the form yourself (here is form code that should work):
Code:
<h2>Client Login</h2>
<br />
<form name="login" action="http://testbed.cartocopia.com/clientarea/#clientlogin" method="post">
Name: <input style="width: 150px;" name="client" value="" type="text"><br />
Password: <input style="width: 150px;" name="pass" value="" type="password"><br />
<input name="submitlogin" value="Client Log In" type="submit">
</form>

Just change the action to point to the page you have the clientfiles tag on, and add the #clientlogin target as shown.

-Rob A>
RobA Wrote:
yarcoz Wrote:404 page no found when try to open uploaded files. Any ideas?

Yeah - I just found a bug when gs isn't installed in your root folder....

I've updated extend with (hopefully) the fixed version:
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/client-files/66/

-Rob A>

Hi Rob

Doesnt look like this has fixed it, as I am getting the 404 when downloading the files.

I have the Get Simple install in the root of a site on my local server, dont really understand why there is an issue

Can you shed light on this? Looks great cant wait to put it to use

Cheers

John
kidda media Wrote:Hi Rob

Doesnt look like this has fixed it, as I am getting the 404 when downloading the files.

I have the Get Simple install in the root of a site on my local server, dont really understand why there is an issue

Can you shed light on this? Looks great cant wait to put it to use

Cheers

John

How did you transfer the file to your server? Did the .htaccess file get included in the clientfiles subdirectory (where the dlfile.php file is located?)

-Rob A>
Hi Rob

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

I jumped the gun, was an issue with my URL's and HTACCESS all resolved and a a great add on to my site, very pleased with it.

At present the initial login page text ("Please login etc etc") is duplicated once logged in in teh specific client area, is there anyway of preventing this?

Thanks

John
kidda media Wrote:At present the initial login page text ("Please login etc etc") is duplicated once logged in in teh specific client area, is there anyway of preventing this?

Thanks

John

It should only get generated once. The attached screen grab has a box around the code generated by the plugin. Anything else is from the page itself that you created.

-Rob A>
Hi Rob

I got this working but now I cannot download the files within the client area ....

The reason is is that the download link is missing my subdirectory from the URL of the file like so ....

http://www.kiddamedia.com/plugins/client...Crucis.jpg

But Should be ....

http://www.kiddamedia.com/Clients/plugin...Crucis.jpg

I have the proper base set as follows in the HTACCESS ....

AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
Options -Indexes

# blocks direct access to the XML files - they hold all the data!
<Files ~ "\.xml$">
Order allow,deny
Deny from all
Satisfy All
</Files>
<Files sitemap.xml>
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
Satisfy All
</Files>

RewriteEngine on

# Usually it RewriteBase is just '/', but
# replace it with your subdirectory path
RewriteBase /Clients/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]

I also have the correct site Website Base URL in the admin as follows ...

http://www.kiddamedia.com/Clients/

The Client files all have HTACCESS files in them also, sure I am missing something simple or have something slightly wrong, if you could shed any light it would be appreciated???

Cheers

John
So the only thing you are using GS for is the client files?

It looks like your base URL is http://www.kiddamedia.com/Clients

I've updated the version in extend to respect your base url.

Please give that a go. It tests fine in my system now.

-Rob A.
This is a fabulous module. Thank you for your time and expertise. Much appreciated.
Glad you like it!

-Rob A>
Thank for plugin!
FEU can be integrated with the plug-in?

http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/2170/...d-testers/
Johonwayni Wrote:Thank for plugin!
FEU can be integrated with the plug-in?

http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/2170/...d-testers/

Not the way it is currently. On a quick look, you would have to replace the authentication check clientfiles_checkloggedin() with code to use the FEU authentication. You would also have to add something to check the synchronization of users and client directory files, as this plugin creates/removes the directory (and contained files) and user at the same time.

-Rob A>
It's a great plugin and works fine. But is it possible to expand it further.

I use the plugin to sheet music for the band to put online just make you that much traffic will stand. Now I have 40 pieces available online but will be extended to several hundred. It would be easy if you can specify how many files can be displayed per page.

eg up to 50 files per page and that a second page file 51 is created, split page.
Suikerklontje Wrote:It's a great plugin and works fine. But is it possible to expand it further.

I use the plugin to sheet music for the band to put online just make you that much traffic will stand. Now I have 40 pieces available online but will be extended to several hundred. It would be easy if you can specify how many files can be displayed per page.

eg up to 50 files per page and that a second page file 51 is created, split page.

I've quickly updated the version in extend to 0.8 to provide this ONLY IN THE FRONT END DISPLAY-

To set the number of items per page, edit line 466:

Code:
/* Set this to control the number of items per page to display to the logged in client*/
$perpage = 20;

If you log into my test site [age using test/test you can see how it works as I have set $perpage to be 5 and there are 6 files.
http://testbed.cartocopia.com/clientarea/

-Rob A>