Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Client Files Plugin
Unfortunately it works for me. He split the page into 20 files just fine on the next page when I want it jumps back to the home page.
Suikerklontje Wrote:Unfortunately it works for me. He split the page into 20 files just fine on the next page when I want it jumps back to the home page.

Sorry - Are you saying it does not work, or it is working?

-Rob A>
It donThe adjustment does not work
Suikerklontje Wrote:It donThe adjustment does not work

Can you PM me the link and account/password? I can not duplicate this.

If you change the line to:
Code:
$perpage = 50;

It should display 50 then break the page. I have tried with many smaller numbers, and it seems to work consistently with those.

-Rob A>
RobA Wrote:
Suikerklontje Wrote:It donThe adjustment does not work

Can you PM me the link and account/password? I can not duplicate this.

If you change the line to:
Code:
$perpage = 50;

It should display 50 then break the page. I have tried with many smaller numbers, and it seems to work consistently with those.

-Rob A>

Suikerklontje provided me a link to a site, and it seemed I wasn't handling PrettyURLs off properly. I've handled this in the version now in extend and it tests fine on my server.

-Rob A>
RobA this plugin almost exactly solves a need for a client. I wonder if it would be possible to allow for subdirectories under the users root directory. Subdirs would allow for the organizing of files. Thanks.
jay_m Wrote:RobA this plugin almost exactly solves a need for a client. I wonder if it would be possible to allow for subdirectories under the users root directory. Subdirs would allow for the organizing of files. Thanks.

It wouldn't be too bad to add one layer of directories under the root.... Things would be more complicated to allow multiple levels of recursion.

-Rob A>
Rob, this is a great plugin. Is it possible to open files (pdf) in browser directly (instead of downloading them)?
Nox Wrote:Rob, this is a great plugin. Is it possible to open files (pdf) in browser directly (instead of downloading them)?

Sure -this is a small change. In dlfile.php change line 76 from:
Code:
header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="' . $getfile . '"');

to
Code:
header('Content-Disposition: inline; filename="' . $getfile . '"');

and all files will get served to the browser as inline files. Would this be the preferred behaviour?

-Rob A>
RobA Wrote:and all files will get served to the browser as inline files. Would this be the preferred behaviour?

Awesome! Works like a charm. I have added target="_blank" in the clientfiles.php (line 578) to open all files in a new tab. Thanks a lot.
Nox Wrote:
RobA Wrote:and all files will get served to the browser as inline files. Would this be the preferred behaviour?

Awesome! Works like a charm. I have added target="_blank" in the clientfiles.php (line 578) to open all files in a new tab. Thanks a lot.

Glad it worked. Just pointing out, I never use target="_blank"

-Rob A>
RobA Wrote:
Nox Wrote:

-Rob A>

You convinced me, I'll revert back to original. Thanks.
Nox Wrote:
RobA Wrote:
Nox Wrote:Awesome! Works like a charm. I have added target="_blank" in the clientfiles.php (line 578) to open all files in a new tab. Thanks a lot.

-Rob A>

Ahhhh. Changing the intertubes, one website owner at a time ;P

-Rob A>
RobA Wrote:
Nox Wrote:
RobA Wrote:Glad it worked. Just pointing out, I never use target="_blank"

-Rob A>

Ahhhh. Changing the intertubes, one website owner at a time ;P

-Rob A>

You're doing it fine so far Smile Keep up the good work.
RobA Wrote:
jay_m Wrote:RobA this plugin almost exactly solves a need for a client. I wonder if it would be possible to allow for subdirectories under the users root directory. Subdirs would allow for the organizing of files. Thanks.

It wouldn't be too bad to add one layer of directories under the root.... Things would be more complicated to allow multiple levels of recursion.

-Rob A>

@RobA

I needed this for my own site and slightly adjusted your excellent plugin. It works for me, but navigation can be better Wink
Hi Rob;

A designer was telling me that this plugin is no longer needed in the latest versions of GS (3.1.1 as I type) as caching is now built-in. However, I can't find reference to that anywhere.

Any truthiness to this?

Great plugin, btw. I'm also digging your "client files" plugin.

--> e
Ed at ISI Wrote:Hi Rob;

A designer was telling me that this plugin is no longer needed in the latest versions of GS (3.1.1 as I type) as caching is now built-in. However, I can't find reference to that anywhere.

Any truthiness to this?

Great plugin, btw. I'm also digging your "client files" plugin.

--> e

I think you are referencing the simplecache plugin http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/1195/...he-plugin/

As far as I know, 3.1.1 has caching of all page information except the page data itself in one large XML file, along with calls to access it, but not the same.

There is also htaccess based caching possible: http://get-simple.info/wiki/config:htacc...timization

...but this doesn't cache the rendered php, only the other files.

Maybe one of the devs can answer this (and move the most to the correct plugin thread..)

-Rob A>
I have installed this plugin for folders but i don't see the folders on the front of the website! Do i miss something or what to do to see them.

Rene Wrote:
RobA Wrote:

-Rob A>

@RobA

I needed this for my own site and slightly adjusted your excellent plugin. It works for me, but navigation can be better Wink
Nobody? or a update?

Suikerklontje Wrote:I have installed this plugin for folders but i don't see the folders on the front of the website! Do i miss something or what to do to see them.

Rene Wrote:
RobA Wrote:It wouldn't be too bad to add one layer of directories under the root.... Things would be more complicated to allow multiple levels of recursion.

-Rob A>

@RobA

I can't help you with Rene's variation, as I have never even looked at the code.

Sorry.

-Rob A>
RobA Wrote:I can't help you with Rene's variation, as I have never even looked at the code.

Sorry.

-Rob A>

I'm so very sorry. Was looking for updates on this plugin and just read the question from 'Suikerklontje' on my variation of Client Files from almost a month ago.
Just want you to know that I didn't changed that much. Just added the 'need for subfolders' Wink
Actually I hoped that Rob was using my example to make an new update of (t)his excellent plugin.

In the Client File area there is an extra entry for (sub)folder(s). Just enter the name of the (sub)folder. The foldernames are shown in the top of the window, but as said in my earlier post, navigation is not great.
Just added a slightly updated version with better DIR view
@ Rene & @ RobA I will look into it and hope that it works, I saw now tasty in the admin panel called the directories but unfortunately not at the front of the website.
The admin section is indeed what better! But how do I get to see a SUB directory on the website?

I do the following in the admin, i create
DIR NAME 1
--SUB DIR NAME 1
--SUB DIR NAME 2

When i login on the front of the website i do see only the files in de DIR NAME 1 but i don't see the SUB DIR NAME 1 and SUB DIR NAME 2.

What am I doing wrong?
I use client files on a website for a band with choir. I put on the website for the whole band their sheet music. Now all in 1 great list but would create a subheading for vocals, piano, guitar, bass and clarinet. Then a sub directory is very pleasant and seemed to me this is a solution.

There are more like 700 numbers and that times the number of parties and then the subdivision known as pleasant.