Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Client Files Plugin
Aha, I think that another function is used for displaying the front, I wil have a look in that.
I do want to help you (because there are not other reponces) but I don't want to bring out an alternative version of Client Files so I'll send you a PM to take it out of this forum.

I use a custom made function to display the documents on the front with jQuery FileTree
Hi, is it possible to make an autologon for some pages? so that users do not have to type name and password (for easy public downloads)?
I am a beginner when it comes to coding so: sorry if my questions are stupid :/
Great plugin

Can be quite easily turned into a great "support system"
with a simple "support-tickets" and/or a small chat ( but then the users should also be saved "on file" and not just in the directory structure) ...
(2012-12-12, 22:57:01)Kolja Wrote: Hi, is it possible to make an autologon for some pages? so that users do not have to type name and password (for easy public downloads)?

If you don't require a a user/password, wouldn't you just store the information elsewhere?

Maybe the other plugin I wrote - SimpleDir: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/simpledir/254/

That just lets you point to a directory, i.e. a subdirectory inside your upload folder for example. There is a discussion in the forums here: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=2325 which includes a link to a running example page I set up.

-Rob A>

(2012-12-14, 01:48:44)Tzvook Wrote: ... ( but then the users should also be saved "on file" and not just in the directory structure) ...

Please explain?

-Rob A>
Quote:-Rob A>

(2012-12-14, 01:48:44)Tzvook Wrote: ... ( but then the users should also be saved "on file" and not just in the directory structure) ...

Please explain?

-Rob A>

For a support-tickets there supposed to be 2 aspects
1. The ticket dialog between the admin and the users which can be done via files at the user directory (as is now)
2. The admin should see his waiting tickets from the users (for that this "user managed by directories" structure is not enough - they should also be managed on a separate database) ....

I began tweaking it a bit (creating an option for sending messages to all users - not just for individuals .. and so on ..) but then realized that more time is needed and it can be a base to a nice & simple support-system ...
(2012-12-14, 06:21:44)RobA Wrote:
(2012-12-12, 22:57:01)Kolja Wrote: Hi, is it possible to make an autologon for some pages? so that users do not have to type name and password (for easy public downloads)?

If you don't require a a user/password, wouldn't you just store the information elsewhere?

Maybe the other plugin I wrote - SimpleDir: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/simpledir/254/

That just lets you point to a directory, i.e. a subdirectory inside your upload folder for example. There is a discussion in the forums here: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=2325 which includes a link to a running example page I set up.

-Rob A>

Hi, i somehow did not find simpledir when i first searched for plugins. i tried it now and got an error "check the folder privileges." which i could not get rid of (and i do not know what rights i will have on the space the site will move to). but i can access the folders with the clientfiles plugin... anyway i killed half the code in the clientfiles.php and now its working like simpledir should (not an elegant solution but it works Wink )
thanks for the fast help and your awesome plugins Heart
Hi, I noticed that Client Files splits the filearray to display a fixed ammount of files per page and then sorts them. Wouln't it be more intuitive when the plugin sorts the files before splitting them (moving line 574 to 535 so it sorts before the pagination) ?
Or does that lead to a problem I did not think of?
Hi.
In the new version 3.2.0 there is a problem. Above the file list its also display (% clientfiles %)...

I wanted to ask if there is a simple way to add functionality where each client can add and delete files.

Can we count on a patch in the near future?
(2012-12-15, 01:14:21)Kolja Wrote: Hi, I noticed that Client Files splits the filearray to display a fixed ammount of files per page and then sorts them. Wouln't it be more intuitive when the plugin sorts the files before splitting them (moving line 574 to 535 so it sorts before the pagination) ?

Thanks - i made that change and uploaded a new version to extend.

red Wrote:In the new version 3.2.0 there is a problem. Above the file list its also display (% clientfiles %)...

I wanted to ask if there is a simple way to add functionality where each client can add and delete files.

Can we count on a patch in the near future?

I am running 3.2 http://testbed.cartocopia.com/clientarea/ and it works fine without displaying the tag... Not sure what is going on with your site.

I have considered adding a client upload capability as well, but just have not had the time to add this in a secure manner.

-Rob A>
Thanks for the quick reply.
I uploaded everything again and it work now as it should.
I saw that version 0.9 was added today - thanks for all work that you put into development.

I thought about how to do it safely. I was wondering is it enough to verify allowed extension and MIME. May not be the best and safest... Hope that You will find better solutions.
Hello

I've the problem that the plugin isn't compatible with the I18N Plugin... When i creat the Page Bob with the slug clientpage_bob then the I18N Plugin means bob is a new language.

A second problem that i've is that the % clientfiles % Tag not works. I've install the new GS and the new clientfiel Plugin. My Site: http://cms.picbit.ch/kunden/
(2013-05-01, 19:13:50)P.Se Wrote: Hello

I've the problem that the plugin isn't compatible with the I18N Plugin... When i creat the Page Bob with the slug clientpage_bob then the I18N Plugin means bob is a new language.

A second problem that i've is that the % clientfiles % Tag not works. I've install the new GS and the new clientfiel Plugin. My Site: http://cms.picbit.ch/kunden/

Hi-

The underscore was found to conflict with the i18n plugin a while back and was changed:
Quote:As of version 0.6, If there is a (private) page with the slug [clientname] that is a subpage of the one where the plugin was inserted, its contents will be displayed before the client's file list once they are logged in.

You also need to have parentheses around the % clientfiles % tag.

-Rob A>
Hello,

is it possible to us this plugin on multi language site too ?

Currently i have the problem if i create "client area" and i place the
slug clientpage_joe it shows as a new reference inside the I18N language
tool on top of the side.

If i login into the "client area" i show only files no user pages.

Hope somebody can help in this case to handle this point.

Thanks in advance.

PHPman
(2013-07-04, 21:22:45)phpman Wrote: Hello,

is it possible to us this plugin on multi language site too ?

Currently i have the problem if i create "client area" and i place the
slug clientpage_joe it shows as a new reference inside the I18N language
tool on top of the side.

If i login into the "client area" i show only files no user pages.

Hope somebody can help in this case to handle this point.

Thanks in advance.

PHPman

As I stated one post up,
Quote:As of version 0.6, If there is a (private) page with the slug [clientname] that is a subpage of the one where the plugin was inserted, its contents will be displayed before the client's file list once they are logged in.

So do NOT use the underscore, and instead just make a specific client's page (if you want one) a subpage withe a slug matching the client name.

-Rob A>
now i do the following:

create user: achim / password

create user page called

name: achimpage
slug: clientpageachim

if i login into my test page i get the following:

Code:
Client: achim
File    Date
0 files

no new menue i can see no "achimpage" etc.

What i made wrong ?
(2013-07-05, 06:00:06)phpman Wrote: now i do the following:

create user: achim / password

create user page called

name: achimpage
slug: clientpageachim

if i login into my test page i get the following:

Code:
Client: achim
File    Date
0 files

no new menue i can see no "achimpage" etc.

What i made wrong ?

If the client is named "achim" make the slug "achim" and make sure the page "achim" is a child of your test page...

-RobA>
sorry it dosn´t work. Can i send you sample screenshot by email ?
Hi guys,
Is it possible to create two areas or two pages (like for example information and examresults) inside the client files and
is there a way to create folders, so i can sort the files into specific folders like 'results of exam 1' …?

By the way … the plugin is great. Helped me a lot.

teazmo
(2013-07-20, 02:07:46)teazmo Wrote: Hi guys,
Is it possible to create two areas or two pages (like for example information and examresults) inside the client files and
is there a way to create folders, so i can sort the files into specific folders like 'results of exam 1' …?

By the way … the plugin is great. Helped me a lot.

teazmo

I found out about the pages! But i would like to know, if i can create folders in the backend to sort the files I offer.
(2013-07-24, 23:41:31)teazmo Wrote: I found out about the pages! But i would like to know, if i can create folders in the backend to sort the files I offer.

Rene had modified this. For some reason I thought there used to be a link, but it is no longer there.

The discussion starts here:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...8#pid25168

I've PM'd Rene asking for the code to see.

-Rob A>
I've updated the manual for version 0.9 and posted it here:

http://www.silent9.com/incoming/ClientFi...manual.pdf

-Rob A>
Hi @all,

i´ve reinstall now client files again to do all like the manuel say :-) but if i add files and i login i can
show the files and i can get it but i don´t show the side which i made for the client for example:

user joe --> content => joe´s informations and invoices

after login i can see the uploaded files but nut the content i´ve add the the user specific page
which as the slug "joe" or clientfiles_joe or without _ it the same.

But if i go directly to the http://domain.tld/joe i see the "privat" page
which i like to show only inside the restricted client area.

Why that what i made wrong ? I redo all i have done twice step by step but the same result.

Hope anybody can help.

best regards,

Harald
(2013-10-17, 03:10:29)phpman Wrote: Hi @all,

i´ve reinstall now client files again to do all like the manuel say :-) but if i add files and i login i can
show the files and i can get it but i don´t show the side which i made for the client for example:

user joe --> content => joe´s informations and invoices

after login i can see the uploaded files but nut the content i´ve add the the user specific page
which as the slug "joe" or clientfiles_joe or without _ it the same.

But if i go directly to the http://domain.tld/joe i see the "privat" page
which i like to show only inside the restricted client area.

Why that what i made wrong ? I redo all i have done twice step by step but the same result.

Hope anybody can help.

best regards,

Harald

What is the page your (% clientfiles %) is on?

Is the page with the slug joe set as Private in the Page Visibility dropdown of the Page Options (if so it should NOT display by going to http://domain.tld/joe )

Is it a subpage... ie. is the Parent Page set to the page your (% clientfiles %) is on?

IF this doesn't resolve things, you can pm me with site details and I can help debug.

-Rob A>
Hi Rob,

okay now i understand and it works... shown now

User Pager + Files

But is it possbible to add user like menue inside the user defined area?

Like a menu that i can shown a internal calender user defind more pages like only "one user page"

Hope you can help.

Harald
did anyone has idea for my last posting?

Another point is it possible to modify the script to add languages files to use on multilanguage sites too ?

I get in the login page the following:

Code:
Please log is to view client files

but i don´t know from who the plugin get this message.