Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to write config file. CHMOD 777 on the folders /data/ and /back
Please Help.
When I put all files on the server.
and give CHMOD 777 install.php diplaying only this message -

Unable to continue: Unable to write config file. CHMOD 777 on the folders /data/ and /backups/ and retry

What I must to do?
check with your ftp programm (e.g. filezilla) the permissions of your folders - right mouse button on the folder. I wouldn´t set it to 777, normally 755 for data should be ok.

check also the "owner" of the files - maybe its a wwwrun problem with your hosting.
This error only comes up when it can't set permissions on the folders to 775 then it fails to set it to 777. We always try 755 first.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
When I try to update my sites base url via the admin settings I get this error. Although changes made to the other settings seem to be accepted. I have performed a website healthcheck and all directory permissions are ok. I switched on debug mode and get this error:

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/abcforg/public_html/admin/inc/basic.php on line 237
I have one suggestion: get in contact with your hoster's support

all these problems are not GS problems, but hosting problems ans even when we know about that, we are not able to help you out
the reason can be a php update or some security tasks they installed, who knows? We not ;=)

it's their job to configure your webspace that your installations can run stable and smooth and you pay for that

Please tell us whether your problem is solved
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Thanks Connie, I have sent a message to the hosting provider...will update you on what they say.
Hello jdesigner,
Casually, have you uploaded the files of the pages from localhost, or other site?
Normally, error chmod occurs when the owner of the files is not the ftp host. If you create a new page, securily error will not appear when you update the new page.

This is what happens to me. To avoid this error, i decided to comment on that line of basic.php.

I´m sorry for my english.

REgards.
I discovered myself there was something strange going on with the domain name. I was unable to add pages at mywebsite.org.uk, but adding pages seemed no problem at www.mywebsite.org.uk
jdesigner Wrote:I discovered myself there was something strange going on with the domain name. I was unable to add pages at mywebsite.org.uk, but adding pages seemed no problem at www.mywebsite.org.uk
so this is a question of your domain's configuration

if you want that both URLs, without or with www.-subdomain will work the same, your hoster's support can configure that ( or not, than you have to remember to use the domain with www. ;=) )

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18