Code:
GSEDITORTOOL
setting in
Code:
gsconfig.php
?

Thanks,

Leon
Lets you set which toolbar buttons appear in the editor. As it says in the comment just above the line in gsconfig.php, advanced, basic or [custom config].

For all the possibilities in custom config see the CKEditor documentation, particularly http://docs.cksource.com/CKEditor_3.x/De...de/Toolbar

Anthony
Vulch Wrote:Lets you set which toolbar buttons appear in the editor. As it says in the comment just above the line in gsconfig.php, advanced, basic or [custom config].

For all the possibilities in custom config see the CKEditor documentation, particularly http://docs.cksource.com/CKEditor_3.x/De...de/Toolbar

Anthony

Thanks, Anthony. I assume the gsconfig file will just take the same list of values as the CKEditor config file?
Yes works exactly like that .

here's mine

Code:
define('GSEDITORTOOL',"['Source'],
                        ['Cut','Copy','Paste','PasteText','PasteFromWord'],
                        ['Bold','Italic','Underline','Strike'],
                        ['NumberedList','BulletedList','-','Outdent','Indent','Blockquote'],
                        ['JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock'],
                        ['Link','Unlink','Anchor'],
                        ['Image','Flash','Table','HorizontalRule','SpecialChar'],
                        '/',
                        ['Format','Font','FontSize'],
                        ['TextColor','BGColor']");
My Github Repos: Github
n00dles101 Wrote:Yes works exactly like that .

here's mine

Code:
define('GSEDITORTOOL',"['Source'],
                        ['Cut','Copy','Paste','PasteText','PasteFromWord'],
                        ['Bold','Italic','Underline','Strike'],
                        ['NumberedList','BulletedList','-','Outdent','Indent','Blockquote'],
                        ['JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock'],
                        ['Link','Unlink','Anchor'],
                        ['Image','Flash','Table','HorizontalRule','SpecialChar'],
                        '/',
                        ['Format','Font','FontSize'],
                        ['TextColor','BGColor']");

Excellent, thanks. Liking Get Simple quite a lot.
leon Wrote:I assume the gsconfig file will just take the same list of values as the CKEditor config file?
Indeed. If you have a look in admin/edit.php around line 280 you'll see the built in selections for the 'advanced' and 'basic' options, for my current project I wanted to include the table control and the various font options so my options are...

Code:
['Bold', 'Italic', 'Underline', 'NumberedList', 'BulletedList', 'JustifyLeft',
                         'JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock', 'Table', 'Link', 'Unlink',
                         'Image', 'RemoveFormat', 'Source'],
                         '/',
                        ['Styles','Format','Font','FontSize']
Vulch Wrote:
leon Wrote:I assume the gsconfig file will just take the same list of values as the CKEditor config file?
Indeed. If you have a look in admin/edit.php around line 280 you'll see the built in selections for the 'advanced' and 'basic' options, for my current project I wanted to include the table control and the various font options so my options are...

Code:
['Bold', 'Italic', 'Underline', 'NumberedList', 'BulletedList', 'JustifyLeft',
                         'JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock', 'Table', 'Link', 'Unlink',
                         'Image', 'RemoveFormat', 'Source'],
                         '/',
                        ['Styles','Format','Font','FontSize']

Even better as I simply wanted to get rid of all the presentational options (color, font, justify etc.) Thanks.
Why "blockquote" isn't defined in basic/advanced toolbar ? It's used in demopage but I need to define custom toolbar only because blockquote is missing in toolbar.
I add it as another button next to underline button, but is it possible to add it as option in Format dropdown ?
morvy,
this is not a 100%-GS-question ;=)

when you ask, why it is not defined in the toolbars already, well the world is full of choices, people can define their whishes or configure what they think is necessary and what is not

and why you can't add it to the format-dropdown?
Because there is a difference: the difference between layout and style.

In format-dropdown-list you find HTML-Layout-Elements, in styles-format-dropdown-list you find CSS, other HTML-elements which are not structuring the content (like bold, italic, etc.) are added individually to the toolbar
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
From my point of view it's 100%GS question because if any beginner installs GS, he expects that he can format text like in demo page, but there is no outofthebox blockquote button. so maybe there can be predefined toolbar layout called "GetSimple". If somebody wants to customize it, there are many ways (as described here) but with standard toolbar I think users expect all features that are promoted to them in demo

for that Format dropdown: maybe I don't understand it well, but what's the difference between blockquote and pre - technically ?
Your supposed to be able to use
Code:
config.format_tags = 'p;h2;h3;pre'

But it does not appear to work
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
@shawn_a it works, I'm using it in my config.js, but blockquote isn't working. I know that I need to add it in plugin definition or so, I've tried to change address to blockquote but with no luck for now, I'll be trying Big Grin

Code:
CKEDITOR.config.format_tags = 'p;h1;h2;h3';
PHP Code:
// config.js or custom config
CKEDITOR.editorConfig = function( config )
{
// .......

config.format_tags='p;h1;h2;h3;h4;h5;h6;pre;div;small;blockquote';

config.format_blockquote= {

name'Blockquote',

element'blockquote'

}     
//.......

Does work but there is a bug
http://dev.ckeditor.com/ticket/8809

It does not work on selections, but on a blank line it will insert the tags.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2013-07-24, 23:01:11)morvy Wrote: From my point of view it's 100%GS question because if any beginner installs GS, he expects that he can format text like in demo page, but there is no outofthebox blockquote button. so maybe there can be predefined toolbar layout called "GetSimple". If somebody wants to customize it, there are many ways (as described here) but with standard toolbar I think users expect all features that are promoted to them in demo

for that Format dropdown: maybe I don't understand it well, but what's the difference between blockquote and pre - technically ?

1) we have a good documentation how to configure the editor in the wiki:
http://get-simple.info/wiki/how_to:wysiwyg_editor

for german language users I also wrote documentation at http://www.get-simple.de

2) "from my point of view".... there are many points of view ;=)

a demo is not restricted to the basic functionality, it is absolutely ok to show the possibilities of a product, not only the basic configuration

3) GS comes with plain toolbar and advanced toolbar and it is easy to change that in gsconfig.php

all other possibilities are described in the wiki, if something is missing, you are welcome to contribute

4) for more sophisticated configuration there is the full documentation at their product's site at http://docs.cksource.com/Main_Page

to your question:

what is the difference between <pre> and <blockquote>?

pre = does not format the content between the opening and the closing tag, so you can add some code snippets for example or a poem

blockquote = it is meant to indicate a citation, but the formatting of context in blockquote - tags is defined either by the browser's standard or by the CSS stylesheet (margins, indents, symbols before the quoted text etc.)

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18