Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There's 1 thing bothering me for long time.
When I login to forum and see green icons, informing about new posts/threads in a section, they are automatically marked as read after some time (about half an hour).
Answering in posts take often some time, and I'm not able to see which section I visited already. "new posts" page is empty, and the only way to see new posts is "active topics".
Is there any way to make the threads not being marked as read automatically ?
As well as a standard option (at least for me) to mark a section as read by clicking the (+) icon near section title.

edit: btw. any chance to add a skype im contact ?
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
I'm beginning to wonder if it is time to switch forum systems..

Are there any suggestions that fit our needs?
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
Well, that's a question for a complete new thread.
There are some minor functionalities that would be gladly seen (function working similar to reputation system, known as "helped me") better post/threads tracking (for example "add thread/post to favourites list).

I think even forum sections need some modification, as there are questions who don't fit into current structure . To mention couple:
- "General Problems: Report bugs you've found in GetSimple here..."
this should be more like a help section than "report bugs". Most of threads are started by people, who have problems. Comparing to content of "installation & setup" section we have 2 sections with similar threads.
- sites using GS shouldn't be in the middle as well as dev discussions, and beta testing.
The more, dev/beta section should be split from main sections.

I propose to start a new thread and ask users what sort of functionalities this forum lacks, before even thinking about migration to another BBS script.
Punbb fits wonderfully to GS description, but as an advanced BBS user I use it lacks many simple, but almost transparent functionalities.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
I keep stumbling against the same problem, right now I don't really know what are the topics I've read and those I didn't.

Is the new topic about forum features created?
Rejoice! For very bad things are about to happen.