Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with creating archive
It appear:

Not Found

The requested URL /getsimple/zip.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
kotos.net - webdesign / dtp / graphics / photography
+1
There is an error in the path.
this is probably a permissions issue as well, because I am not seeing it on any of my sites running the latest of GS. I will have to look into a better way to do it. The way it works now:

1. button kicks off script that copies zip.php to the root of the GS install
2. runs that zip.php script
3. removes the zip.php script

I did it that way because I couldn't find a way to have it zip all files from the root of the install without the script actually being in the root...
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
+1 here

I have the exact same problem. It works on my local computer but not on my server. I also think that giving my root install folder chmod 777 to get this to work is a bad idea?

Great CMS btw!
I added this to our issue tracker. Im not sure what the solution will be, but we are aware of it.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I was playing with this. You can move zip.php to a directory with 777 like /admin/temp/ (zip.php)
Then change the relative paths around.

I was able to create the archive file and it was 6mbs, but it only included .htaccess and index.php and they were both 0 bytes.

So, this is doable, it just needs tweaking.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
You had to actually move the PHP-file? Now that was interesting! I think that finding might just have sparked enough interest for me to tinker with it over the weekend.

Thanks for the pointer!
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
^ I moved it because the server would not write to it with a 755 folder permission. It would with a 777.
Besides that, chowning the main directory to apache:apache was 100% successful without any other modifications.
This is something that many other people can't do, that's why I looked for a file permissions solution.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?