Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
notitle not deleting
Hi all.

I've successfully installed getsimple and constructed menu pages.

I tried making a products page with content but each time I save, the page ends up empty and losing its encoded data.

In addition, each time I refresh that page, the CMS makes a NOTITLE page with nothing in it, losing the original page I was modifying.

As I click the X to delete these NOTITLE pages, the CMS confirms deletion but the NOTITLE pages are still there once I refresh the CMS pages from the back end.

If I click on any of the NOTITLE pages, it views as Oops your page is not found.

Debug is on TRUE in the config file but no error shows.

I am modifying a theme that was copied from the original Default_simple template.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you.
Just want to update the post.

I could not delete these NOTITLE pages via the CMS. So I tried looking for the xml pages created in the data-->pages, from the root.

Then I manually deleted these NOTITLE pages via an FTP client. It worked and does not show the NOTITLE pages in the back end anymore.

But doesn't this defeat the delete "X" purpose within the CMS?
You might want to check your permissions on the data folder.

Can you creat pages?
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
Hi
I have exactly the same Problem. Are there any Solutions?
I have set also enough permissions to the folders "/data" and "/backup"
Any help? Thx a lot.
What plugins do you have installed?

The "notitle" pages are listed if there are and files with "xml" in the data/pages folder which are not valid ".xml" pages. I know the original version of my pagesXML plugin did this but I never released it publicly.

One of your installed plugins must be creating a file in this directory which contains the string "xml"

So for example if you had a file called "myxml.php "in there the system will try and read it as a normal page and try and parse the title from it..

As its not a valid XML file it can't retrieve the title and displays "notitle"

I suspect the "delete" function is also appending ".xml" to the filename to try and delete which is failing.

I'll open an issue on the SVN about it.

Mike...
My Github Repos: Github
Thanks a lot for your answer. I'm very happy with your CMS! :-) But...

I haven't installed any plugins (except the language German).

The big Problem is not that I can't delete sites. I think the main-problem is: Each time I save content, the page ends up empty and losing its encoded data. Afterwards I find this Page as "notitle" in the site-overview. There I can't delete it. (except over ftp)

I also edited the Default template. But only the styles in template.php

Note: I've installed your cms on a windows-server which contains the newest PHP 5 as IIS-Extension or as (F)CGI.

Luke