Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Search plugin (I18N)
Hello! At the end of each page I make information block similar pages as it can display the material?
The first way is
(% searchresults tags:car %)
And the page that are close to the same page on what will be necessary to put pokazyvatsya tag "car"
I'm using multi language support on a news overview page and provide two versions English and German. I get the search results of all pages tagged "news". And the problem is, that I get on the English results page both English and German results.

Quote:(% searchresults tags:_special_news numWords:27 max:5 showDate:0 showLanguage:0 HEADER: %)

What attributes can I set to get only English version pages when I switched to English and German version pages when I switched to German?

Thanks a lot!
(2014-06-14, 20:48:04)hugel Wrote:
Code:
(% searchresults tags:_special_news numWords:27 max:5 showDate:0 showLanguage:0 HEADER: %)

What attributes can I set to get only English version pages when I switched to English and German version pages when I switched to German?

Thanks a lot!

Code:
(% searchresults tags:_special_news numWords:27 max:5 showDate:0 showLanguage:0 lang:de HEADER: %)
and lang:en, respectively.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Thank you, mvlcek! That was quick and simple.
Hi everybody,
I'd like to show search results of pages tagged either _special_work or _special_news

PHP Code:
(% searchresults tags:_special_work _special_news numWords:50 max:5 showDate:0 lang:de showLanguage:1 HEADER: %) 

But I get as results only pages tagged _special_work and the pages in English language.

Is there wrong syntax?
Thanks
(2014-06-20, 21:07:06)hugel Wrote: Hi everybody,
I'd like to show search results of pages tagged either _special_work or _special_news

PHP Code:
(% searchresults tags:_special_work _special_news numWords:50 max:5 showDate:0 lang:de showLanguage:1 HEADER: %) 

But I get as results only pages tagged _special_work and the pages in English language.

Is there wrong syntax?
Thanks

PHP Code:
(% searchresults tags:"_special_work _special_news" numWords:50 max:5 showDate:0 lang:de showLanguage:1 HEADER: %) 
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Maybe you have to enclose those tags between quotes:
... tags:"_special_work _special_news" ...
Thanks mvlcek and Carlos,

unfortunately it doesn`t work. No results at all.
I think tag _special_work must be the parent for the tag _special_news
if you want to show your special pages on one page, ask for all of them one particular tag and use it
(2014-06-21, 00:04:28)hugel Wrote: Thanks mvlcek and Carlos,

(2014-06-21, 00:49:36)Oleg06 Wrote: I think tag _special_work must be the parent for the tag _special_news
if you want to show your special pages on one page, ask for all of them one particular tag and use it

Hi Oleg06,

the search using two key words doesn't work. I have a diferent solution, I add a new key word to the pages I'm searching for.

I didn't see that you wanted to search for either one OR the other tag. This is not possible, as I18N Search only searches for both tags (AND), which won't give you results in this case.

You can set the special pages' configuration to automatically add another tag for (new) pages.
I want to display on each page of a list of relevant articles using the "words"
(% searchresults HEADER='' words:"keywords" max:4 showPaging:0 %)

How to make so that the results are not output a page on which the request is made?
(2014-06-28, 03:35:39)Xstroy Wrote: I want to display on each page of a list of relevant articles using the "words"

How to make so that the results are not output a page on which the request is made?

Code:
(% searchresults HEADER='' words:"keywords" max:4 showPaging:0 slug:targetpage %)
You find all the parameters in the usage section of the I18N Search administration page.
(2014-06-28, 03:59:35)mvlcek Wrote:
Code:
You find all the parameters in the usage section of the I18N Search administration page.

I am Russian. Translate in translate.google)) and basic school English.
I do not see a variable for the output filter of the current page.
I ask to help. An example can be?

Example:
Page: site/page1 /

How to make a conclusion on page1 answers only links to other pages?
I do not like the use of tags, as they need to assign each page, and "words" more flexible tool
Hi mvcek, fantastic work...
I am trying to use your search and special pages plugins to make a list of events, where the event date is not the create or publish date. I am stuck trying to get i18n search to list events in the order of the event date, which is a field in a special page. Can you give me any pointers?
Thanks in advance!
a bit clearer now, I think I need to use something like the tables solution : http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/get-simple/i18...rch-tables

(2014-07-29, 01:39:13)olmy Wrote: Hi mvcek, fantastic work...
I am trying to use your search and special pages plugins to make a list of events, where the event date is not the create or publish date. I am stuck trying to get i18n search to list events in the order of the event date, which is a field in a special page. Can you give me any pointers?
Thanks in advance!
I am complete new in webdesign and GetSimle, and try hard to add a search to my site.

In the sidebar, i put this code to a component:
Code:
<?php get_i18n_search_form(array('slug'=>'search')); ?>

Then, i create a site search with slug=search, with the code
Code:
(% searchresults %)

If i use the search, soemthing went wrong with the design of the page and the result seem to display in the sidebar.

What can i do to display the search result on "main screen" with correct design?
[Design Elegantblue]

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english, i hobe someone understand my question
(2014-08-15, 15:22:25)BigChris Wrote: I am complete new in webdesign and GetSimle, and try hard to add a search to my site.

In the sidebar, i put this code to a component:
Code:
<?php get_i18n_search_form(array('slug'=>'search')); ?>

Then, i create a site search with slug=search, with the code
Code:
(% searchresults %)

If i use the search, soemthing went wrong with the design of the page and the result seem to display in the sidebar.

What can i do to display the search result on "main screen" with correct design?
[Design Elegantblue]

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english, i hobe someone understand my question

So you created a page and put the (% searchresults %) in the editor for your results to show and it shows up in the sideabar. hmmm...

Perhaps there is an open or missing div tag somewhere. I would wrap that search in a div in the search slug page. Its most likely that because from what you wrote, it seems you are doing the right process.

If you use firefox you can look at the source and if you have an open tag it will show red somewhere. Also, chrome, firefox and explorer have the ability to add on extensions to help web developers troubleshoot. On firefox there is a neat very handy extension called firebug. That will help. Good to have in your arsenal.

PHP Code:
<div>(% searchform %)</div
Thanks for reply, but i can't find something Sad
(2014-08-16, 04:16:46)BigChris Wrote: Thanks for reply, but i can't find something Sad

No on ever really tells you that troubleshooting is going to the biggest part of development. The biggest Smile

I would try maybe using another theme and see if you get the same results. If so then perhaps there is something in the plugin. If not, then its in the theme. Do you have this up live? Maybe send a link in a private message of course.
Hi!

Great plugin :-)

Is there a posibility to

a) set minimum tag lenght to e.g. 5? Bbecause I use tags for some internal identifications and any number will appear in the tag cloud, its not really nice...

- Solved, by adding a leading "_" to each number.

b) disable the search form if you use the tag cloud?

- Solved by setting the class tag to "visibility:hidden"

Best

Lars
SOLVED! Code-inside-form mistake!
Code:
<form>  ... get_i18n_search_form()  ... </form>
WRONG!!
-------------------------------------------
Hi, I have a problem, already spent two hours on this
I feel I'm missing the point or sth Dodgy

1. I created a page in the editor with slug 'search'
2. I put the code in the sidebar
Code:
<?php get_i18n_search_form(array('slug'=>'search','GO'=>'Szukaj','PLACEHOLDER'=>'Wpisz szukane słowo')); ?>
3. URL of the page with sidebar is as follows
Code:
http://www.domaincom.com/somepage/
but when i enter sth in the search input and hit the button my URL goes like this
Code:
http://www.domaincom.com/somepage/?tags=&words=test&search=Szukaj

so it does not go to the search page

What is more important, the cloud or the search from http://www.domaincom.com/search page sidebar works OK.
(2014-08-27, 21:53:47)anteroom Wrote: 1. I created a page in the editor with slug 'search'
2. I put the code in the sidebar
Code:
<?php get_i18n_search_form(array('slug'=>'search','GO'=>'Szukaj','PLACEHOLDER'=>'Wpisz szukane słowo')); ?>
3. URL of the page with sidebar is as follows
Code:
http://www.domaincom.com/somepage/

That should be fine - as long as you use a western l and not the crossed polish one in "slug" ;-)
I don't see what the problem might be :-(
Thank u mlvcek. Obviously it was my school mistake. Big Grin

I didn't notice that outside of a sidebar.php include I've still got open <form> tag from the beginings
It was sth like :
Code:
<form>  ... <?php get_i18n_search_form() ?>  ... </form>

Anyway, thanks for the response ... and I just want to say "Muchos gracias" for all your work on your plugins, without people like you .. the world would be a much more darker place Tongue ... Greetings!
Hi mvlcek, first off - thanks for all of your amazing plugins! They are part of the core of every site I build - you're a genius =)

I'm curious how I can create a pretty URL from the rather ugly one I see when I use "showPaging" to look through customer reviews - for instance:

Current URL: www.mydomain.com/reviews/?tags=&words=&search=&page=5
Desired URL: www.mydomain.com/reviews/page-5/

I just don't know how to achieve this with .htaccess - any help you can offer is most appreciated!