Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Search plugin (I18N)
explain why I have always worth the settings on the Russian language, and the news is somehow always takes me on /?lang=en
http://www.chaga-mushroom.com/news
Oleg06 Wrote:explain why I have always worth the settings on the Russian language, and the news is somehow always takes me on /?lang=en

Check the default language for pages without language suffix on Pages/View all Pages (I18N). It should be ru, if that's the language of your pages without language suffix.

If you change it, clear the search index by e.g. saving search settings on Plugins/Configure I18N Search.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
I changed everything again, and yet still shows /?lang=en
Oleg06 Wrote:I changed everything again, and yet still shows /?lang=en

(You should send login data by private mail!)
The search plugin still used an old method for determining the default language. I fixed it.
Thank you for finding this bug.

I18N Search plugin version 1.1.3: corrects, how the default language is determined.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
I18N Search version 1.1.4: corrects some usages of short php tags.

(thank you, Carlos, for pointing this out)
mvlcek Wrote:The blank should not happen - and looking at the source code, it can't happen ;-)
Can you give me a link to your site?
Well, it was in the flipping middle of the night, so I might've screwed up. ;-) I'll send you the info in a PM. Thanks for offering to look into the matter.

mvlcek Wrote:
polyfragmented Wrote:I previously had the default language of my user set to en which I edited to be de now.
I suppose that means changing it in the admin I18N pages view and then saving?
Yeah, that and my user's language settings.
polyfragmented Wrote:
mvlcek Wrote:The blank should not happen - and looking at the source code, it can't happen ;-)
Can you give me a link to your site?
Well, it was in the flipping middle of the night, so I might've screwed up. ;-)

You had entered a custom permalink structure that had a blank at the end. I have corrected it.

As to the wrong language in the links: the plugin still used an old method to determine the default language (Oleg06 found it at the same time as you). It's corrected in I18N Search version 1.1.4.
mvlcek Wrote:
Oleg06 Wrote:I changed everything again, and yet still shows /?lang=en

(You should send login data by private mail!)
The search plugin still used an old method for determining the default language. I fixed it.
Thank you for finding this bug.

I18N Search plugin version 1.1.3: corrects, how the default language is determined.
sorry, I was upset, thanks for what you so quickly to fix everything, you just a genius, now everything works :-)
Thanks for fixing my error.

I updated the search and base plugin and now the link to the news article has ?lang=de appended. The language is correct, thanks for that. Is it mandatory to have that appendage? I actually don't want to use any multilingual feature and thought that setting the default language to de would display pages without lang appendage as German?

The heading for the search results is still in English by the way. I emptied the browser cache in case there was still some caching in place, still in English.
polyfragmented Wrote:Thanks for fixing my error.

I updated the search and base plugin and now the link to the news article has ?lang=de appended. The language is correct, thanks for that. Is it mandatory to have that appendage? I actually don't want to use any multilingual feature and thought that setting the default language to de would display pages without lang appendage as German?

If the I18N plugin is installed, the Search plugin will always add these language parameter, as otherwise the link could show to the wrong page (if the user's language is different).

polyfragmented Wrote:The heading for the search results is still in English by the way. I emptied the browser cache in case there was still some caching in place, still in English.

I just found a bug in the I18N plugin, where it did not set the language correctly. It's corrected in I18N version 1.4.2.

I just found out that determining the default language without the I18N plugin seems not to be possible in GS 3.0, see http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/1896/...-language/.
mvlcek, how to delete "Search Results" text?

thanks.
SaYNo.Inc Wrote:mvlcek, how to delete "Search Results" text?

thanks.

The header <h2> will always be there, but you can set the text to blank by using
Code:
(% searchresults HEADER="" %)
All settings are documented on the "Configure I18N Search" view in the administration.

Version 1.1.5 of the I18N Search plugin will not show the header if it is set to the empty string:
Code:
mvlcek Wrote:

Version 1.1.5 of the I18N Search plugin will not show the header if it is set to the empty string:
Code:

thanks for quick reply Smile, works like charm!

is it possible for putting the date and time when the news was posted?
SaYNo.Inc Wrote:is it possible for putting the date and time when the news was posted?

I think the date is shown by default (see here). You can switch it on/off on the configuration view in the administration.
dear mvlcek,

if i want to showing news A, news B in the same page, how i do it? do i have change the tags?
but i want them have separately pages too (Page News A and Page News B)

thanks.
SaYNo.Inc Wrote:dear mvlcek,

if i want to showing news A, news B in the same page, how i do it? do i have change the tags?
but i want them have separately pages too (Page News A and Page News B)

thanks.

If you are tagging your news like described here, you can display all news with
Code:
(% searchresults tags:news numWords:-1 %)

If you have news A, B and C and only want to display A and B, you would have to introduce a new tag, as the search can not search for "tag A OR tag B". Just tag all A and B news with the AB tag (e.g. "news, A, AB"), too, and then display them with
Code:
(% searchresults tags:news,AB numWords:-1 %)
I18N Search version 1.2 features the following additional features:
  • new parameter lang to limit the search to one language (when used with I18N plugin, see help on configuration page)
  • generate RSS feeds, see here for a description and this example
all your plugins simply super
Effortless, tremendous work once again. Smile (personally been wanting a solid RSSFeed plugin for a while, so this is like an extremely early birthday gift or something Tongue)

Question: how do I set my search results page to search for more than one set of tags? (eg "tags:news, editorials", because when I do that it doesn't display any results)
Angryboy Wrote:Effortless, tremendous work once again. Smile (personally been wanting a solid RSSFeed plugin for a while, so this is like an extremely early birthday gift or something Tongue)

Question: how do I set my search results page to search for more than one set of tags? (eg "tags:news, editorials", because when I do that it doesn't display any results)

tags:news,editorials (without blank!) or tags:"news, editorials" will search for all pages with both news and editorials tags.
An OR functionality is not supported.
Ahh, okay. The latter was what I was hoping for. Well I've got my way around that - thanks anyways, mvlcek Smile

---edit---

Here's a possible addition you could make in the future. What if other fields could be searched or even displayed on the search? For instance, an advanced search component that looks for keywords of fields defined in the CustomField plugin. And/or display those as part of the search (e.g. if a page has an avatar defined for it, it can be displayed on the search results page, or a written excerpt replaces the 30 word count preview - this would be most helpful for the news aspect). Not a necessity by any means or even a burning desire, but something to perhaps think about if you run out of things you think may improve the plugin.
Hello,

I'm having problems with the RSS feed feature, including subscribing to the feeds on http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/rss/.

With Liferea v1.6.1 under Debian 6, the following debug information is provided:
Quote:PARSING: xml_parse_feed(): could not parse feed "New Subscription"!
UPDATE: Starting feed auto discovery (http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/rss/?getsimple)
UPDATE: searching through link tags
UPDATE: search result: none found
UPDATE: No feed link found!
UPDATE: neither a known feed type nor a HTML document!
No feed content is shown.

See also the Feed Validator output.
--
Nick.
hameau Wrote:I'm having problems with the RSS feed feature, including subscribing to the feeds on http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/rss/.

See also the Feed Validator output.

Thanks for pointing this out. I've only tested with Firefox and not validated the generated XML. I've fixed it on my site and will upload a new version as soon as possible (both I18N and I18N Search).
I18N Search version 1.2.1 fixes bugs, where invalid RSS-XML was created.

If you use the I18N plugin, you need to download the newest version (1.5.1+) of the I18N plugin, otherwise accessing the feed with an RSS reader might result in an error.