Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Search plugin (I18N)
i want to add only tags in the sidebar. one tag in one line.
formatting of all tags same.

what should i add to template?
mus.aqeel Wrote:i want to add only tags in the sidebar. one tag in one line.
formatting of all tags same.

what should i add to template?

Template to have all tags the same size:
Code:
<div class="tags"><?php get_i18n_tags(array('minTagSize'=>100, 'maxTagSize'=>100)); ?></div>

CSS to have one tag per line:
Code:
.tags span.tag { display:block; }
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
thank you very much for help.
it works.
but why tags have no links?
mus.aqeel Wrote:thank you very much for help.
it works.
but why tags have no links?

If you want links, you need to add the parameter slug with the slug of your search page, e.g. assuming page search:
Code:
...<?php get_i18n_tags(array('minTagSize'=>100, 'maxTagSize'=>100, 'slug'=>'search')); ?>...
(see documentation)
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Quote:If you want links, you need to add the parameter slug with the slug of your search page, e.g. assuming page search

i did it, but again tags in one line, not every tag in separate line.
how to correct it?
mvlcek Wrote:
mus.aqeel Wrote:Hi. mvlcek.
i am planning to use search plugin as news manager.
Is it possible to make read more button with search result?
How to display day of weeks and month in the search result in russian language?

To display a more button, use Custom Rendering.

I tried to understand Custom Rendering but it is difficult for me.
give me instuctions, please.
mus.aqeel Wrote:
Quote:If you want links, you need to add the parameter slug with the slug of your search page, e.g. assuming page search

how to correct it?

If you look at the HTML code of your site, you will probably see that the tags are within as instead of spans - so change the CSS appropiately.
Hi! I'm using most of the I18N system, but I'm having a few problems with the search plugin:
  • How do I get the form to index child pages? I have a top-level page, "Products," and a few child pages that I would like to index. I've tagged them all with "products" and tried the _parent_products method, but I don't think I'm doing it correctly. I keep getting "no results" when I search for one of the tags on the page, and when I search for "products," only the parent page shows up in results.
  • Secondly, when I search for "about" or "contact," which are top-level pages, the results display a single, empty list item above the actual result. Is there a way to get rid of this?

My search form is embedded in the template, and I have a search results page that displays the (% %) form tag, if that helps at all.

Thank you!
mvlcek Wrote:
mus.aqeel Wrote:

how to correct it?

If you look at the HTML code of your site, you will probably see that the tags are within as instead of spans - so change the CSS appropiately.
thanks. I changed CSS. everything works.
How to add with this plugin Related Posts?
as is done here on the forum, after reports, Similar topics..
I have my web page with the GetSimple's system, but I need all posts in a special order.

If for any reason need modify some post, maybe for error or change of template, the plugin "I18N Search" show first the post modified, and no respect my order, the original order.

Like a news of July at the position and with October data!

I tried with "order:created" , but it's not my solution.

I need the original order, no matter if I change the information. Somebody help me. Thanks!

Sorry for my english, I used translator for help.

(2012-11-02, 05:19:42)volaverunt Wrote: I have my web page with the GetSimple's system, but I need all posts in a special order.

If for any reason need modify some post, maybe for error or change of template, the plugin "I18N Search" show first the post modified, and no respect my order, the original order.

Like a news of July at the position and with October data!

I tried with "order:created" , but it's not my solution.

I need the original order, no matter if I change the information. Somebody help me. Thanks!

Sorry for my english, I used translator for help.

Here the solution:

http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/pub...-date/318/

Or see the answer by Carlos for my thread:

http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...2#pid29472

I speak spanish, sorry for my english. I'm learning english with GetSimple too... LOL!

I have written a little script that provides "fuzzy" suggestions in the event that a search query returns no results (usually due to a miss-spelling).

Quote:Sorry, I didn't find anything that matched your query: "typografy behavier"
Did you mean: typography behaviour

The suggestion is rendered as a clickable link that submits the suggestion back to the search engine.

The code is available [here on GitHub]

To use, simply open the file searchresults.php from the i18n_search directory into a text editor and insert the new code after the following line:

PHP Code:
<class="search-no-results"><?php echo htmlspecialchars($notFoundText); ?></p> 

Try it out with the search engine on my site at: https://www.perpetual-beta.org/ (sorry, search is no longer available on my website)

That's all folks!
Martin, is there a way to filter search results to not include other plugin's code ?
I'd like to get rid of - among the others - gallery code in SERPs.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
Anyone know a php snippet I could use to pull search results for the blog pages, display only the title of the post and force it in to an unordered list to display like the most recent 5 or 10 posts in the side bar?
(2012-12-19, 10:06:25)bhwebco Wrote: Anyone know a php snippet I could use to pull search results for the blog pages, display only the title of the post and force it in to an unordered list to display like the most recent 5 or 10 posts in the side bar?

Let's say your blog posts are subpages of a page with slug blog.

Create a component named e.g. recentpage with this content:

PHP Code:
<a href="<?php echo $item->link; ?>"><?php echo htmlspecialchars($item->titleENT_NOQUOTES); ?></a> 

Insert this in your sidebar (or template):

PHP Code:
<?php get_i18n_search_results(array(
'tags'=>'_parent_blog',
'max' => 7,
'showPaging' => 0,
'HEADER' => 'Recent pages:',
'component'=>'recentpage'
)); ?>

(Thanks to I18N Search custom rendering)
I was having a problem when testing in Windows (XAMPP): dates in search results were displayed in Estonian instead of Spanish (Español).

I fixed this by editing i18n_search/lang/es.php and replacing:

PHP Code:
'DATE_LOCALE' => "es_ES.utf8,es_ES,es" 

by:

PHP Code:
'DATE_LOCALE' => "es_ES.utf8,es_ES,esp,spanish,es" 

I'll update the Spanish language file in Extend (and I hope mvlcek will update it in his plugin in a future release).

(I don't know if other languages may have similar conflicts...)
on your website says the following
Code:
(% searchresults tags=products component=renderproduct %)

In the component you have access to the following variables:

$item: the page or other item found: the properties and methods accessible by $item->propname include:
        tags (array of strings),
        title and content,
        pubDate and creDate (publishing and creation date, both as UNIX timestamps),
        [b]any custom fields[/b]
but custom fields for some reason do not work
Hello guys, I'm a bit in trouble with permalinks in a 3 languages website. I'm trying to do a blog-like section as suggested in this post by Oleg06: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=2475
with the i18n search function, and everything worked fine until I changed to a custom permalink structure.

My permalink stucture is a "standard":
Code:
%language%/%parent%/%slug%/
that works fine for all the pages, except for the search results.

I've used this snippets to get the lists of articles:
Code:
(% searchresults HEADER: i18n:0 numWords:80 tags:ricette order:reverseurl lang:fr %)
(% searchresults HEADER: i18n:0 numWords:80 tags:ricette order:reverseurl lang:it %)
(% searchresults HEADER: i18n:0 numWords:80 tags:ricette order:reverseurl lang:en %)

and the link of the results lists are generated with a "useless" _en or _it appendix, which breaks the links.

eg. My page url is mysite.fr/en/pagename, but the link generated by the search engine is mysite.fr/en/pagename_en = 404.

Obviously if i cut the _en the page works fine...how can I change this?

Thank you very much!!

Have a good day Smile
(2013-02-20, 02:01:48)-FrA- Wrote: My permalink stucture is a "standard":
Code:
%language%/%parent%/%slug%/
that works fine for all the pages, except for the search results.

I've used this snippets to get the lists of articles:
Code:
(% searchresults HEADER: i18n:0 numWords:80 tags:ricette order:reverseurl lang:fr %)
(% searchresults HEADER: i18n:0 numWords:80 tags:ricette order:reverseurl lang:it %)
(% searchresults HEADER: i18n:0 numWords:80 tags:ricette order:reverseurl lang:en %)

and the link of the results lists are generated with a "useless" _en or _it appendix, which breaks the links.

The documentation says "If you use the I18N plugin, but only have one language, you can add the parameter i18n=0". As you clearly have more than one language, you have to remove this parameter.
(2013-02-20, 02:18:26)mvlcek Wrote: The documentation says "If you use the I18N plugin, but only have one language, you can add the parameter i18n=0". As you clearly have more than one language, you have to remove this parameter.

Many thanks mvlcek!!!

I completely missed that! I started with that snippet adapted from Oleg06's original one

Code:
<?php get_i18n_search_results(array('tags'=>'blog', 'DATE_FORMAT'=>'', 'max'=>4, 'i18n'=>0, 'lang'=>'ru', 'numWords'=>'1p','HEADER'=>'')); ?>

which worked well with I18N activated before the permalink update...

Thank you very much for your quick and resolving reply!

Have a good day! Smile
Hi All,
While trying to build a bilingual site using BlueBusiness template, I found a context searching issue didn’t encounter before. The languages I am using are Traditional Chinese, zh-TW, and English. Let me use a simplified notion to explain:
eg. (a sentence) KkGgAaBbBbLlOoGgMmJjPp….. (I use One Uppercase and one lowercase to mimic one double byte Asian Character, or a “word”)
It looks like the i18n search can only find KkGgAa (must have 3 + characters) correctly, with leading space here! To make a meaningful keyword set (AaBbBbLlOo) searchable, I have to put the sentence like:
KkGg_AaBbBbLlOoGgMmJjPp….. or KkGg_AaBbBbLlOo_GgMmJjPp….. to make the [AaBbBb… ] combination searchable. (_: space)
This is insane in terms of publishing. Other than using Tags & Keywords field, is there any clean and easy fix to this limitation? Thanks for any input.
I18N Search searches for words (or the x first characters of words), where one word is defined as all "word characters" between "non word characters". With Chinese having one character = one word and no non-word characters I fear there is no easy way to fix this.

In order to return relevant results, you have to enter at least 3 characters of a word, otherwise it will only match exactly that word, e.g. "no" will only match "no" (but not "not"), while "not" will match "not", "note", "notice", etc. This you can easily change by searching for 3 in search.class.php and replacing it with 1.
Hi!
I've just noticed that the search plugin is not working with the latest jquery 1.9.1. Live search doesn't work. I tried a bit around, but I admit, I have no idea how to fix it...

Is there an updated planned, or does anybody know what is the latest version of jQuery, which I can use to have all functionallity?

Many thanks for some hints!
(2013-02-23, 03:27:05)retrofan Wrote: Hi!
I've just noticed that the search plugin is not working with the latest jquery 1.9.1. Live search doesn't work. I tried a bit around, but I admit, I have no idea how to fix it...

Is there an updated planned, or does anybody know what is the latest version of jQuery, which I can use to have all functionallity?

Many thanks for some hints!

As far as I know, the 1.8.x versions should work.
I'll try to support 1.9.x in the next release of I18N Search.
I have put certain tags in my pages. I am not using a tag cloud anywhere but have inserted words in my content corresponding to the tags. I want to link these words so that clicking on them will take the user to a page which contains excerpts of all pages with the same tag.

What is the link code to be used here?