Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site Admin - Settings
Have noticed two things.

1) The admin settings page has Choose Your Theme: then the site url rather then the theme selection.

I thought at first it must have been something i did due to customising but same issue with a fresh beta install.

2) The issue with the 'server configuration' seems to be a htaccess issue.

Unsure if this is the reason, but i notice that if you change the site url it doesn't re-write the htaccess file with the adjusted path. Could this be causing the issue?
Nothing is too difficult... anything is possible.
'But you tried, and you failed.. the important thing? never try'
Thanks Crashfellow

vsky found #1 when he was doing the Russian translation - and it's already been fixed for the next release.

#2 - i agree, but i dont know how to fix it. The current release fixes the sub-domain issue by dynamically updating the RewriteBase variable, but what I really need is a .htaccess guru to figure things out.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
@cceagle
Seems to moreso be folders then sub-domains.

Like if it's installed in a local server in a sub-folder, then transferred to a base level folder.

That's an issue i had and showed the same issue.

From what i've read, unless there is a server issue (which they should be able to tell) it's always htaccess.
My htaccess on a base level just says:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/?([A-Za-z0-9-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [L]
</IfModule>
Quote:2) The issue with the 'server configuration' seems to be a htaccess issue.
#2 - i agree, but i dont know how to fix it. The current release fixes the sub-domain issue by dynamically updating the RewriteBase variable, but what I really need is a .htaccess guru to figure things out.

sorry, probably i miss something...but what are you talking about? maybe i can help...

@ccagle8

is there any reason to use these rows in .htaccess?
Code:
Options +Indexes
Options +FollowSymlinks
haha, i'm not sure vsky - is there?
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Well the .htaccess i use works correctly. and it occurred to me on the bus this morning that:

RewriteBase /subfoldername/

Probably doesn't even need to be used. Because we're not affecting folders with the htaccess just the base level. So i think if you remove that line, the site should always work whether it's in a folder or on the base level.

Will try this out tonite and see if my opinion on this is correct.
Options +Indexes shows directory listing for users if there is no index.html file or similar in it
Options +FollowSymlinks server follows symbolic links in directory

i think these options are unnecessary (also because apache should have it by default) and none of content management systems that i know uses them
I would say those options should be removed. i'd say they're used when servers are locked down and you need to force enable them.

@vsky do you agree on the removed of the RewriteBase? i don't know if it's needed if the .htaccess is in the subfolder; or on the base level. Both cases not requiring it to be specified.
@crashfellow

not always site URL corresponds to physical path - that is why it is strongly recommended to use RewriteBase to indicate correct URL prefix
ok, so as it stands now, the default .htaccess file looks like this:

Code:
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
RewriteEngine on

RewriteBase **REPLACE**
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [L]

**REPLACE** gets replaced by install.php when it discovers what the subdomain is, "/" if it is root.
- Chris

Yeah i saw that. My guess was more so the sites were being transferred from a root path to a sub folder. Which would explain the error they're getting.

Perhaps during beta testing, include a test file which is excluded from the rewrite rule which grabs what the actual correct path should be, and what's currently set in the htaccess file.

It could give people an idea towards the issue. Unless the .htaccess still affects it despite the exclude.

Not sure it's correct but; place before conditions after RewriteBase:

RewriteRule ^(pathtest\.php|sitemap.xml) - [L]

Then check the current path of the file against the set path of get_simple. I'm a bit out of it today, but i think that should work?