Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem: unzipping the website archive
The archive zip created from the admin pages creates problems with Linux (Ubuntu 10.04) unzip and all programs using it, e.g. the Gnome program file-roller.

This seems to be caused by storing the directories, which are unzipped as files with size 0 (although a comment in zip.class.php seems to indicate that a directory flag is stored - but as external file format - MSDOS).

When I remove the $zipfile->add_dir calls in zip.php and basic.php, the archive works perfectly in Linux and Windows (at least with Total Commander).
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
debian lenny and 2.4b works fine.

I think the problem has been solved in latest builds. The version i'm using is a few weeks old, and i got it via svn

(you only get 2 warnings about stripping absolute path spec from robots.txt and favicon.ico)
yeah, this is one of the reasons we fixed the zip archive in GS 3.0 (the new yet-to-be-released) version. Try downloading 7zip - i bet it will be able to read your zip archive files. http://www.7-zip.org/
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!