Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pagify Plugin
The Pagify plugin (http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/pagify/83/) splits long pages into parts and provides a navigation between parts.

To use it, just add a tag/keyword '_pagify x' to your page, where x is the approximate size in bytes. Pagify only splits between paragraphs in order to not destroy the layout.

More information and demos visit http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/get-simple/pagify

For how to use its page splitting in other plugins, see here.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
sorry, I do not understand nxn, what do I do with this plugin
I understand
http://neowebtime.ru/01/long
Plugin is awesome, but is there a chance to rewrite next pages ?page=X into something more SEO friendly ?
For example mypage-X instead of mypage?page=X, where X is the page number.

hmm...I think that additional rewriterule in htaccess should do, but if it's possible to be done by the plugin, it would be a lot better for end user Smile
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:Plugin is awesome, but is there a chance to rewrite next pages ?page=X into something more SEO friendly ?
For example mypage-X instead of mypage?page=X, where X is the page number.

You would need a separator that's not valid in a page name (slug) like ":", because e.g. "index-1" is a perfectly valid name, even generated automatically by GetSimple, if "index" does already exist. And the GetSimple core would need to change, if the page number was encoded in the name. And, because the current rewrite rule doesn't allow a ":", you need to change the rewrite rule...
Oops, that's what we wanted to avoid.

yojoe Wrote:hmm...I think that additional rewriterule in htaccess should do, but if it's possible to be done by the plugin, it would be a lot better for end user Smile

Yes, a rewrite rule is necessary, but we would also need to change the plugin to generate these links - or you could try to make Apache do this (slow!).
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
nice! thank you
A new version is available which fixed the bug that the previous-link always linked to the first page.
Hello Community!

This is my first post here, so first i like to thank this community (THANK YOU!!!) and all developers for their awesome work and to introduce myself;

my name is Robert, i'm a Mediadesigner (Digital / Print, Design, Layout) from middle/south Germany near Frankfurt a.M. and i'm in love with GetSimple CMS since 3 months.

Mainly i'm doing layouting and designing fancy stuff like print- and digitalmedia. I do understand HTML & CSS very well, but i can't do "real" coding and programming like php/js/whatever (the hard stuff). Because of my (very!) limited skills in PHP etc. - i have to ask you to help me.

Maybe, one day, i can give something back to this community like translating, templating or modifcated versions of some plugins... who knows.

Regards,
Rob
:-)

///

My problem:

On regular pages, it works right out of the box - awesome plugin! Should be implemented in GS core. :-)

But i wan't to use "pagify plugin" on "news manager" posts / sites. It just won't work! Tried and tried - but that was "hardcore trial and error" and has driving me insane. :-(

My thoughts where, that i have to include
Code:
<?php pagify_set_size(200); ?>
  • in template "blog.php" used for news manager / didn't work
  • in header.php, so it will be loaded with news manager posts / didn't work (...but works on regular posts / content / sites)
  • in any of the news manager plugin .php files / messed up whole site, white-screen appears. (maybe i've used the wrong code in the wrong file or place /line?)

When i insert a tag/keyword "_pagify 200" on regular pages - it works perfectly! :-)
On news manager posts the used tag / keyword appears like a regular tag in "tag section / area". No pagination. :-(

Is there any possibilty (or alternative plugin / workaround) to use pagify plugin together with news manager posts / content? Did i something wrong?

Software:
GetSimple Version 3.0
news manager Version 2.2.4
pagify Version 0.7

///

I really need this function working together with news manager, so it would be great if anyone can help me figure out what to do so it works.

Regards,
Rob
Undecided

PS: Excuse my bad english!
Robzilla Wrote:On regular pages, it works right out of the box - awesome plugin! Should be implemented in GS core. :-)

But i wan't to use "pagify plugin" on "news manager" posts. It just won't work! Tried and tried - but that was "hardcore trial and error" and has driving me insane. :-(

The Pagify plugin only works with the content of pages, whereas the News Manager plugin sets the content of the news page to empty and outputs its own content instead. Thus they are incompatible.

You could enter your news items as real pages (without the News Manager plugin) and list them with the I18N Search plugin as described here.

Then you can pagify the news item and you will even have full text search through all news items.
Thank you for this information!

That is really bad for me, because i need a "Blog / News - Section" with latest posts, archieves and the possibilty to have a pagination for longer texts that mess up my website-design.
:-(

So i have to look for another solution with 3rd party jquery plugins or so... if i found one, i will tell you.

Thanks,
Rob
:-)
Pagify version 1.0:
  • adds first and last page links
  • makes the number of pages to display configurable, e.g. ... 2 3 4 5 6 ...
  • supports language files
  • allows to pagify by bytes (like before), text characters, text words and paragraphs
  • supports fancy URLs (@yojoe)
  • allows other plugins to call the functionality, see plugin function return_pagify_content(...) or here
Robzilla Wrote:That is really bad for me, because i need a "Blog / News - Section" with latest posts, archieves and the possibilty to have a pagination for longer texts that mess up my website-design.
:-(

As described above, if you haven't yet entered lots of news and blogs, you can achieve this without the News Manager, see here.
Thanks for this plugin- it is a totally essential plugin for GS!

I'm having an issue with pagify not working on a page that only has a list of youtube links, which are being embedded as videos with the embed.ly api.

Each link is surrounded by paragraph tags, and I have set the keyword to _pagify 4p in the hopes of limiting the # of videos displayed to 4 per page.

However i can't get the plugin to work on this page, no matter what I try, it does not paginate;

thanks in advance for your help!

http://www.michiyosuzuki.com/video/

-marc
alienee2 Wrote:Thanks for this plugin- it is a totally essential plugin for GS!

I'm having an issue with pagify not working on a page that only has a list of youtube links, which are being embedded as videos with the embed.ly api.

Each link is surrounded by paragraph tags, and I have set the keyword to _pagify 4p in the hopes of limiting the # of videos displayed to 4 per page.

However i can't get the plugin to work on this page, no matter what I try, it does not paginate;

The problem is that the paragraphs are surrounded by a div. Pagify will only break between top level elements of the content. If you remove the div, it should work.
Hi - thanks so much for the help;

i changed the setup and put the divs in the template and took them out of the page, and it does indeed work..!

but it creates another issue which is that the embed.ly script tries to embed the paging links;
i'm not sure how to fix this; i would have to somehow get the paging to show up below the content div; just wondering if there is a way to call the paging links on a template instead of them generating below the content;

thanks again!

-marc
alienee2 Wrote:Hi - thanks so much for the help;

i changed the setup and put the divs in the template and took them out of the page, and it does indeed work..!

but it creates another issue which is that the embed.ly script tries to embed the paging links;
i'm not sure how to fix this; i would have to somehow get the paging to show up below the content div; just wondering if there is a way to call the paging links on a template instead of them generating below the content;

thanks again!

-marc

I didn't know embed.ly, but from what I just read on their site, you don't need this div and just have to use a good jQuery selection, e.g.
Code:
$('#content .col-2 p').embedly({ ... });
which would not select the pagify links for embed.ly, because they are within a div and not within a p.
You should read the jQuery documentation to find out the best way to select exactly that part of the page that you want.
that solution for selecting the paragraphs within the content worked perfectly;

many thanks..,

marc
Hello.

First want to say huge fan of your plugins.

Secondly, I just tried your pagify plugin. Set the conf file and .htaccess as you say, then added the tag to the page. Problem is, I see the content has in fact been split, and see the page links at the bottom, however the page does not change.

It generates a url of .../index.php;2?id=test-article but still shows the first page of content.

Any ides would be great, please and thank you.
pcampbell2708 Wrote:Hello.

First want to say huge fan of your plugins.

Thank you ;-)

pcampbell2708 Wrote:Secondly, I just tried your pagify plugin. Set the conf file and .htaccess as you say, then added the tag to the page. Problem is, I see the content has in fact been split, and see the page links at the bottom, however the page does not change.

It generates a url of .../index.php;2?id=test-article but still shows the first page of content.

Any ides would be great, please and thank you.

This probably means that the .htaccess is not correct - maybe the resp. rule is never used?
The rule in the documentation is for the standard GetSimple .htaccess.

If .../index.php?id=test-article&page=2 works then it is definitely your .htaccess rules.
Hi there,

Today I installed the pagify plugin on a site I am currently working on. Instructions are simple enough, so no problem there but when I insert the provided .htaccess rule

Code:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+);(\d+)/?$ index.php?id=$1&page=$2 [QSA,L]

None of the fancy url pages can be loaded anymore (404 page not found on all pages).

If I reinstate the original

Code:
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]

Then all pages can be found again.

So logic says something must be somehow wrong with that .htaccess rule. Or the way I inserted it, since this seems to work for others...

Currently I am back to using the orignal rule again (since the site works then), but obviously the pagination doesn't work then.

Using the old rule I did the test as mvlcek described above. Page 2, 3 or whatever you fill in will show up.

Can you point me in the right direction how to solve this?
Doesn't it work with

Code:
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+);(\d+)/?$ index.php?id=$1&page=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]
?
Yes it does!

And perfectly too, I might add!

As I expected I did something wrong, I misread your instructions. Instead of adding your rules I replaced the previous rule with the above mentioned result.

Thanks a lot!
Hello everyone,
I need help with the use of this plugin on the i18n gallery set-up.
All my galleries display without paginating and i do not know what else to do.
I have tried to use this plugin without success.
Can anyone please help.
i18n_gallery plugin has its own pagination functionality.
Did you try to use it ?
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
Hello Yojoe,
I have now tried the i18n_gallery pagination functionality but it is not working.
I selected 5 as my page size under the paging but it is not reflecting any impact cos all my gallery images still display fully.
Please help