Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theming Standards
I have a question for the devs, when we're designing themes for GS, the formatting can vary from designer to designer. Is there a set list of standards you would like us to follow when we are creating themes to upload into extend?

Plug-ins specific themes okay or not okay?
This is a very difficult thing to discuss as everyone has completely different opinions on what the "right" way to do things is. We have however said if the extend gets to dirty with poor plugins, themes, and language files then we will begin moderating it as in a team member will have to approve uploads before they are displayed.

As far as specifics on how themes should be developed, this is up to you and your design team as of right now.
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
+1 for moderating or at least passing a review before publishing. Right now top (latest) 3 themes are IMHO really poor.

Low quality themes give GS a bad name.

I wasted a few hours trying to fix one of those, and i'm not even able to vote it down (voting system is not working). And it was added to to extend after i open a discussion about its problems.
If you come accross something you feel is not worthy of GS feel free to send me an email (Matt@Get-Simple.info) or a private message here on the forum.
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
PM sent. By the way, 2 addition i suggest for uploaded themes are
-) license terms, so i know that they are free to use, also for profit.
-) a checkbox where the uploader declares he is the original author/designer of the full theme and not uploading stolen parts of other people jobs.

I respect intellectual property so i want to be sure i have all the rights to use and modify the themes you distribute.