Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple 3.0Beta in need of Testers
@yoyoe, the filebrowser that was integrated into CKeditor.

We hope to have the basic one developed a bit more before 3.x release

mike
My Github Repos: Github
n00dles101 Wrote:FYI

The Filebrowser has been removed from the SVN and will instead be developed as a plugin.

Mike...

Is the plugin itself ready? I would love to test it out.
Give me a day or 2.

WIll post it up when its ready.

Mike.
My Github Repos: Github
Just a sugestion for the image upload and navigation.

I am writing from end user ( site owner ) point of view.

1. The GS core uploader is more than enough, and should not be duplicated.

2. There are 2 Requirements for the GS uploader:

2.1 - Ability to upload to a folder (1 level folders is enought)

2.2 - Set the maximum picture size for large version of uploaded images, and auto resize to that value.
In most of the cases, an image of 800 x 800 px is enough.
The resize of the large image is easy to set when uploading. The maximum values can be set in config, like thumbnail seting.

3. In CK editor, the site owner needs to be able to browse the images, and insert the thumbnail or the large version.

Unfortunatly, the CK editor is a litle buggy when it comes to images. But I suppose the choise has it's fundaments.

---------------

This is just my opinion, from an end user ( website owner or editor ) point of view.

I was recently proposing the GS cms to some clients, trying to drive them away from wordpress, joomla or concrete 5, and these are the main things that came up.

They said they have problems with the actual image insert, copy and paste code. Their problem being that they do not know where to insert the code in html.

I am allso a programmer, so I understand there is a lot of effort you guys need to invest.

However, in order for a project to become large scale popular, it needs to be accessible and user friendly when it comes to images too.
From the most point of views it is allready the first choise when it comes to simplicity. It allso has to stay that way.
i created a new user but the login doesn't work,i followed the tutorial on homepage,i haven't changed the username,the username in my newusername.xml file is newusername.How it can works?
My Site: The Harad's Forge
Do you want a guestbook on pages or on news manager articles?Download my GS plugin: ARGuestbook
What if you try copying the existing user's XML file, rename it, change the name inside and upload it back to the server?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Alessio_roma Wrote:i created a new user but the login doesn't work,i followed the tutorial on homepage,i haven't changed the username,the username in my newusername.xml file is newusername.How it can works?

Sorry if this has been said, but Muti-User will only work with GS beta 3.0 or higher.
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
thank you but i solved the problem by myself,it didn't work because the password was incorrect,when i wrote "password" on the password field the access was denied.i solved this problem copying the encrypted password of admin user from xml to newuser xml file and now the login works.

P.S: i'm using latest version of get-simple
Do you want a guestbook on pages or on news manager articles?Download my GS plugin: ARGuestbook
thanks... i will recheck that default password hash int he example file... figures i would get that wrong.

@Alessio_roma - let me know if you have any other problems with the multi-user login capabilities - it's new to this release and im hoping all the bugs are worked out of it.
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:thanks... i will recheck that default password hash int he example file... figures i would get that wrong.

@Alessio_roma - let me know if you have any other problems with the multi-user login capabilities - it's new to this release and im hoping all the bugs are worked out of it.

I made a 'Manage Users' page. I am not sure if anyone would be interested in me posting the code. I am almost positive it is all secure, but I am not the most experienced in php so I might have missed something.

It consists of a 'Add User' form.
You enter in the new username, password, and email.
It then creates the account and encrypts the password.

It also consists of 'Manage Users (A Box on the settings page)
The script crawls through the 'users' folder and puts the contents of all the xml files into an array.
It then displays each users username & email.
It also has a delete button to delete that particular file.

I plan on adding more features to this for permissions..

Let me know if anyone is interested and I will make a thread for it.
i think a lot of people will be interested - did you make it a plugin?
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:i think a lot of people will be interested - did you make it a plugin?

Unfortunately I really just started learning php. I have been working with basic includes and stuff like that for years but only recently have I been expanding my knowledge.

Having to figure out how to use webservices/nusoap and then having to create a 'static/php include website to getsimple converter/' (as well as some other similar scripts) with absolutely no help or idea where to even start really got me a jump start into php and I learned a ton..

Sorry for all that useless info but I want to let you know a little about my background as I will be working and developing with getsimple a whole lot. I am using this cms for hundreds of clients websites and be expanding to other industries with it as well. So you will be seeing me around these forums a lot.

I have already come out with several really cool scripts for it I am sure some people would be interested in.
For example, a custom field in the create/edit page screen which allows for easy additions of outside link menu items with no redirects.

With that being said, no I have not converted it into a plugin yet, but I would love to learn how.
I will make a thread for the script later today.
Please, do publish your code or maybe create a plugin from it. :-)
data/other/404.xml file needs to take the 404 error message from translation file.
Otherwise traductors will have to attach translated 404.xml to their translation archives.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
mikeh Wrote:
ccagle8 Wrote:thanks... i will recheck that default password hash int he example file... figures i would get that wrong.

I made a 'Manage Users' page. I am not sure if anyone would be interested in me posting the code. I am almost positive it is all secure, but I am not the most experienced in php so I might have missed something.

It consists of a 'Add User' form.
You enter in the new username, password, and email.
It then creates the account and encrypts the password.

It also consists of 'Manage Users (A Box on the settings page)
The script crawls through the 'users' folder and puts the contents of all the xml files into an array.
It then displays each users username & email.
It also has a delete button to delete that particular file.

I plan on adding more features to this for permissions..

Let me know if anyone is interested and I will make a thread for it.
you should add a user category,for example admin and simple user that can only write pages
@yojoe: http://code.google.com/p/get-simple-cms/...ail?id=143 thanks!
- Chris