Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porting GS site to development server
I am attempting to move our website to a development server. This is my first experience with GetSimple but I have a lot of prior web development experience. The person who put this site together added a lot of custom plug ins and the site looks very good. I have what I think is a decent captcha script written but I don't want to test it live, for obvious reason. So I have been trying to get the site moved over but once I copy over all of the files and directories recommended by the GS documentation, I get blank pages. I tried to create a backup from the live GS admin panel but I get an error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@mysite.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any ideas?
Do you get the login page on the dev server? What version of gs is you site running?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!